• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/

This is a great idea, especially for all those of us who have large Warhammer army collections. Having the rules for our old armies for casual play will be a lot of fun, if the Dark Elf version is anything to go by, so I'm looking forward to them doing this for the Vampire Counts. How about the rest of you?

Reactions: Kassill

DocteurQui

Skeleton
Apr 21, 2018
Netherlands
I just hope we'll still be able to play with the current compendium rules, and (more importantly) points, if we want to. Because all the warscrolls on the Warhammer Legends page are without points, and I would hate for armies to be completely moved to Legends. Because that would basically prohibit them from participating in any tournaments using points.

But maybe that's just me being scared of nothing, if the compendium armies just keep their rules and points, and you'll just have the ability to play Open Play or Narrative Play games with the Warhammer Legends rules, that'd be really cool and in that case I can't wait for them to do the same to Vampire Counts :)

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
We will not.

Warhammer legends is just compendiums minus points support, battalions, alliance keywords, allegiance rules, ally options, and any future rules support or adjustments. It's a statement of GW's intent to remove oldhammer armies from as much of the game as they can, and from matched play altogether, without outright contradicting the letter of previous commitments.

Hopefully the community can step up to provide what GW are refusing to add or are even outrught removing, as they did when AoS initially released without points cost or structured play rules if any kind for any faction.

Last edited:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I got a bit excited when I saw Warhammer Legends as well, but the, unfortunately, it is a very light touch.

It surprises me to an extent, that with the support that the 9th Age has got, that GW can't see there is still a decent appetite for WHFB. They could reasonably satisfy both with the same models, producing rulesets for both. Surely earn them more money

Belladamma Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Manchester, UK
I got a bit excited when I saw Warhammer Legends as well, but the, unfortunately, it is a very light touch.

It surprises me to an extent, that with the support that the 9th Age has got, that GW can't see there is still a decent appetite for WHFB. They could reasonably satisfy both with the same models, producing rulesets for both. Surely earn them more money

They could but that means double manufacturing the bases and not being able to do dynamic poses for old models that got upsated, like the incoming black coach. It doesn't make much business sense.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I dont think the bases is a huge deal, dirt cheap and just slot on.

The new poses is a good point though, I had forgotten about some of the ranking issues at time between the models!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu