1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Warhammer Legends

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by Irisado, May 12, 2018.

1. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/

This is a great idea, especially for all those of us who have large Warhammer army collections. Having the rules for our old armies for casual play will be a lot of fun, if the Dark Elf version is anything to go by, so I'm looking forward to them doing this for the Vampire Counts. How about the rest of you?

Kassill likes this.
  2. DocteurQui

DocteurQui Skeleton

I just hope we'll still be able to play with the current compendium rules, and (more importantly) points, if we want to. Because all the warscrolls on the Warhammer Legends page are without points, and I would hate for armies to be completely moved to Legends. Because that would basically prohibit them from participating in any tournaments using points.

But maybe that's just me being scared of nothing, if the compendium armies just keep their rules and points, and you'll just have the ability to play Open Play or Narrative Play games with the Warhammer Legends rules, that'd be really cool and in that case I can't wait for them to do the same to Vampire Counts :)

3. Malisteen

Malisteen Master Necromancer True Blood

We will not.

Warhammer legends is just compendiums minus points support, battalions, alliance keywords, allegiance rules, ally options, and any future support rules support or adjustments. It's a statement of GW's intent to remove oldhammer armies from as much of the game as they can, and from matched play altogether.

Hopefully the community can step up to provide what GW are refusing to add or even outrught removing, as they did when AoS initially released without points cost or structured play rules if any kind for any faction.