1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Warscrolls without points in PBs

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by Alabaster427, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

Since the General's Handbook was released, I haven't run into anyone who still prefers open play, which is a shame. Anyways, I've noticed that there are some units and warscrolls that have no points value for Pitched Battles. Does this mean that they can't be played in PB? Or do some of you just use the points for the most similar model?

Some examples:
    Krell
    Durthu (A Sylvaneth warscroll listed under Wood Elves in AoS app, but not mentioned anywhere else)

For Krell, I was thinking to just use the points value of the Wight King with Axe and for Durthu, I was thinking to use the points for a Treelord Ancient.

I was also going to include the Treeman/Ancient but noticed that the Treelord/Ancient have identical stats/abilities.

Additionally, when choosing a unit for PBs, do you go with the unit sizes listed on the warscroll or the GH?

2. Razorfate

Razorfate Skeleton

As fas as i know models without points can not be taken in PB except for terrains such as Sylvaneth Tree...

3. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

Indeed, if they have no Points values, they can't be included, saddly.

Also, on this subject, Flesh-Eater Terrorgheist and regular Beasts of the Grave Terrorgheist have no separate entries, but can be played as any with the same points values, which is odd...

4. Alabaster427

Additionally, when choosing a unit for PBs, do you go with the unit sizes listed on the warscroll or the GH?

5. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

You can use the points for Spirit of Durthu and Wight King with Black Axe. If your opponent is a pain you can offer to add 40 points or something to make up for the difference.
    I don't generally play open play but do play narrative a fair bit. PB is overrated.

6. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

Er... I'd say unit sizes on the General's Handbook.

It'd be odd for warscrolls to have different unit sizes since they can easily change stuff.

And yet, if Summoning enables you to bring more/less models to the table, that'd be really odd haha.

7. Alabaster427

I haven't investigated it too deeply, but most of the ones I find that are different are in Sylvaneth/Wood Elves. i.e. In GH, the minimum unit size for dryads is 10, but the warscroll says 5. Waywatchers in GH is 3, but warscroll is 5. Glade Guard in GH is 8, but warscroll is 10. So it's kind of perplexing.

8. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Bretonnia is also very strange. GH has the old school box sizes for most units in Bretonnia but doesn't do this for other old models like wood elf or Dryads.

9. Razorfate

Razorfate Skeleton

The model number of the units in General's Handook is final in pitched battles. And in our meta only pitched battles are played so it is important for us:)