1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

What do I actually need to start AoS? Rule wise

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by Kassill, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Kassill

Kassill Ghoul

So I've got the VC scroll thing and another pdf that has just 3 or 4 pages of general information.

Is there an actual BRB for Age of Sigmar? I see on the site a $74 AoS book, a $25 Generals Handbook and a few other pdfs and such between the site and the app someone mentioned in passing.

What do I need minimum to take what I have physically from 8th, walk over to a table, and start playing?

Sorry if this is stated elsewhere, I'm just so confused.

2. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

I'd say the generals handbook is all you need really so long as you have the rules for whatever models you want to use. The generals handbook has rules for various ways of playing AoS and points for all units.
    Relatively cheap too for a GW book.

3. Aranei

Aranei Ghoul

General's handbook for sure.
    All the updated warscrolls for units can be downloaded from GW site for free. VC scroll thing is a bit outdated, but can still be used freely.
    You may also consider Death Grand Alliance book (thin, but cheapish) and the Flesh-Eater Courts book specifying the ghoul kings and their henchmen. None of the two is required to play, however.
    Also note that Tomb Kings are in the same faction with VC now, so you can use their units if you have any. The rules are in the TK warscroll compendium (it may be no longer present on the GW site, so I can attach it if needed).

4. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

I just used the Vampire Counts warscroll and wounds rather points to play my first game, but it's not recommended to go down that route. The General's Handbook is sufficient, based on what I have seen, so I'd advise just picking that up and just downloading the warscrolls that you need for your force.

5. Kassill

Kassill Ghoul

Cool beans guys, thanks for clarifying. :vampire1:

6. Razorfate

Razorfate Skeleton

I'd advise you to use Age of Sigmar application which is found on IOS and android. All of the warscrolls are included in it and they are updated regularly. You can find the General's handbook in the same application which is very cheap as it is digital. As the app contains all of the warscrolls you can check your opponents' armies too.

Aranei likes this.