1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

What's your favourite Bloodline

Discussion in 'The World That Was' started by Master Vampire, Aug 15, 2007.

?

What's your favourite Bloodline

1. Blood Dragon

28.6%
  2. von Carstein

26.0%
  3. Lahmian

12.5%
  4. Necrarch

16.4%
  5. Necromancer

4.7%
  6. Strigoi

11.8%
  1. Master Vampire

Master Vampire Master Necromancer True Blood

The all time famous poll has returned!

My favourite Bloodline is from a fluff perspective: Strigoi! They hate everything... are loners... live in caves and live on the just dead. Basically, everything you can't expect from a stereotypical vampire!

Meaning the Strigoi is a vampire only known in the Warhammer World as far as I know. There is nothing wrong with stereotypical vampires but I love unique ideas.

Discuss! :biggrin:

2. Dracomancer

Dracomancer Ghoul

Necrach for me, I like them from a fluff and modelling perspective; fluff because I like the idea of the lunatic living in a tower, raising the dead to kidnap villagers so he can perform experiments on them (reminds me of various black-and-white B-movie horror flicks ^^), and modelling because they are perfect excuse for finding use in old models; don't need those old orc boyz anymore? just GS some wounds on them, resculpt a limb or two and there you are, instant zombie/experiment things! definetly handy when you already collect quite a few armies and don't always have the money spare to buy new boxes of zombies etc, and as anyone who plays Necrach will agree, you will need quite a few zombies...

3. JoV

JoV Zombie

Necromancers definately. And thanks for including them even tho they are not an actual bloodline.

I love the whole idea of the necromancer being some unwashed, half insane loner who's only friends are rotting corpses, lives in a cave out in the woods somewhere and spends all his time plotting how to get back at the society that shunned him. He knows that all that waits in store for him is a slow decline into madness and damnation but doesnt care anyway as long as he gets his revenge!

Good stuff i reckon.

Not that this description in anyway describes me at all...erm...yeah

4. Wolf Fang

Wolf Fang Vampire Count True Blood

Blood Dragons. I like anything that has martial prowess (Wardancers, Swordmasters, Blood Dragons,...)

Cheers, Wolfie

5. FatOlaf

FatOlaf Varghulf

Von Carstein all the way baby! :evil:
    Just cant live without my ring...

6. Skaramak von Carstein

Skaramak von Carstein Vampire Count True Blood

Surprisingly, it remains the von Carsteins - the classic vampire[hr]FatOlaf, have you voted? It is showing me as the only voter for the vC's at the moment!!

7. Lord Aldrek

Lord Aldrek Ghoul

Blood Dragon is the best. Great in closecombat, honour or death!

Cheers

Lord Aldrek

8. Avaris

Avaris Black Knight

Blood Dragon. We get sig banners!
    As an aside, if any Ordo Draconis members are here and still want the banner, pm me and I'll make changing their background colour a priority.

9. darknesseternal

darknesseternal Varghulf

Ok... I want a recount!!!! :mad:

I tried voting for Lahmia, but it didn't highlight any of the circles, and then when I clicked 'vote', it told me that I voted Blood Dragon??!!

Never!!!!

Lahmia all the way baby!!! You all know that Lahmia is where it is at! The ladies have more class in their pinkies than all the rest of the bloodlines put together! Our Queen is the fountainhead, and it's high time that the rest of you all got on your knees and realised it and paid the respect that is due to the ladies!!

On a serious note, I was always drawn to the ladies from their fluff background, and then the challenge that they present. They do need a serious revamp (terrible pun I know) to make them more viable and a more appealing option, but I like their uniqueness.. the whole sisterhood concept.. they represent the whole Carmilla/Countess Dracula/Elizabeth Bathory angle of the vampire tradition.. they make you rely more on strategy than some of the other bloodlines do.. you really have to pick and choose when to go in and fight with your Countess/Lady, and when to stay back and let your Undead troops do the fighting for you.

Plus, we look way better than the rest of you slappers! :cool:

Edit" MV/CG, it's still telling me that I voted for blood dragons... which is not the case! Anyway of changing it? For the rest just add a vote for the Lahmians.. you all already know we are the royal blood of the VC as it is!!

10. Avaris

Avaris Black Knight

You know that was deliberate really. At heart you are one of us... :evil:

11. FatOlaf

FatOlaf Varghulf

Oops forgot to vote, better now...

12. Lord Firmshaft

Lord Firmshaft Grave Guard

Well my vote went to the Stigs as they were my first vamp army and they did me proud but now i am a Blood Dragon all the way baby!!

13. darknesseternal

darknesseternal Varghulf

No way!! This poll is rigged!! Rigged I tell you!!!

*goes and grabs some pom poms*

OK! READY???!! GO!!!!

Give me a L!!!

Give me an A!!!

Give me a H!!!!

Give me a M!!!

You get the drift... :razz:

14. Lord Firmshaft

Ahhh bless she forgot how to spell the rest of it, and now she is all tired and having a lay down in the corner :)

15. darknesseternal

darknesseternal Varghulf

*Goes and finds a rather large stick to beat Lord Firmshaft with*

L!!!!!

*smack*

A!!!!!

*smack*

H!!!!!

*smack*

M!!!!!

*smack*

I!!!!!

*smack*

A!!!!!

*smack* *smack* *smack*

LAHMIA!!!!! GGGGOOOOOOOOOOO LAHMIA!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*smack* *smack* *smack* *smack* *smack*

Ok, now I'm tired and need a lay down. :razz:

16. Master Vampire

Master Vampire Master Necromancer True Blood

Haha I see it now. You're name is forever disgraced, if you may call it that way, but we all know that darknesseternal is a Lahmian lover.

But do you have proof? Any pictures? :evil:

17. Wolf Fang

Wolf Fang Vampire Count True Blood

So you're a BD lover then Darknesselemental. :D (Sorry, bad joke.)
    Speaking of which, has anyone actually been to Lahmia in Greece? Nice town, though in typical Greek fashion it's turning into a trash can. :(

Cheers, Wolfie

18. Neffy

Neffy Skeleton

im mostly into von carstein, as they are the kind of vampires every one knows and i like their gentlemen-way of dressing and the big cloak-fluff..

i also like blood dragons, but so far von carsteins are my favorite :)

19. Lord Firmshaft

Ouch that was the most painful cheerleader i have ever met!!

Oh well nice to see some here can have a laugh - an i would never hold a grudge against a fellow blood dragon anyway

quickly make a run for it

20. Vicente von Carstein

Vicente von Carstein Skeleton

21. The Dead of Night

The Dead of Night Vampire Count True Blood

I voted Necrarch, but I have to say Von Carstein is a very close second for me.

22. darknesseternal

darknesseternal Varghulf

*looks at lord firmshaft and then gets out some whiteout to cover up the * next to Blood Dragon*

Rigged I tell you!!

23. Sid

Sid Ghoul

blood dragons (only because pirates wernt up there) The (second) greatest of all vampires i love the way that they can hit a giant head on and then keep choopin. too bad for the gunless zombies tho

24. Edahlo

Edahlo Ghoul

I voted Necrarch because i really like the background. How they now dwell in tall towers studying and delving deep into the secrets of the books created by Nagash and corrupting and withering the land around them. Hunted more than any other vampires because of their knowledge and strong bond with Nagash himself. Marching to war only to acquire even more knowledge and magical lore, so that they one day can eradicate all living things.

The Lahmia bloodline would be a close second though. After all, the city of Lahmia was the origin of the vampires.

I also like the Von Carsteins, as they resemble the Dracula style vampires.

25. Amadeus von Carstein

Amadeus von Carstein Skeleton

I'm a sauve, arrogant von Carstein - if you're going to live forever, why not conquer the world!