1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

What's your favourite Bloodline

Discussion in 'The World That Was' started by Master Vampire, Aug 15, 2007.

?

What's your favourite Bloodline

1. Blood Dragon

28.6%
  2. von Carstein

26.0%
  3. Lahmian

12.5%
  4. Necrarch

16.4%
  5. Necromancer

4.7%
  6. Strigoi

11.8%
  1. Shareya

Shareya Vampire Count True Blood

*carefully sneaks into the forums*

For me it would have to be Lahmians, followed by Von Carsteins (though the gap between the two is large). Ever since I learned about them, I could not help but adore how they operate and the new "Neferata" book made me worship their leader even more.

*sneaks off*

2. Anvilarm01

Anvilarm01 Zombie

Lahmains! I just love the whole "she's only a little girl with no weapons or army so why is everyone...argh!'

I am looking forward to finding a way to make the Coven Throne work.

3. vampiricshaman

vampiricshaman Zombie

Lahmian who wouldn't worship Neferata

4. Lady Eva

Lady Eva Zombie

According to me, the choice is obvious: Lahmia. I agree with Shareya, the book forced me to love Neferata. Let me say that Lahmian Vampires aren't less powerful (sometimes common conclusion of people is that if some character doesn't use brutal force to defeat enemy he/she is weak or powerless) then other bloodlines, they just ,,work" really subtly way.

However, I like the Blood Dragon line as well, maybe a little bit less than Lahmia's.

5. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

So I went the least popualar way - yay necromancers!

I always liked powerful spellcasters standing behind legions of risen or otherwise summoned creatures, rivaling armies of counties and kingdoms. In WFB vampire is completely able to do that - but the magical pureness of a necromancer was always more appealing. I like them especially when they engage in their magickal studies, trying to get better at controlling it, to understand the fabric of reality and find themselves having not enough time. Undeath as a completely lucid choice - all is fair when it comes to knowing more and perfecting oneself. This kind of necromancer is a powerful spellcaster, knowing all kind of tricks besides raising skellies and calling it a day.
    Eventually - turning towards black magic when trying to get loved one out of deaths embrace is also kinda neat. Still cliched, but better than "I will punish those guys that bullied me years ago" one can find in the first paragraph in the necromancer's description in our current AB.

I usually like vampires being the warriors and unholy generals of undead armies, while leaving the matter of raising it to a dedicated necromancers, but it's also nice in WFB that it's all flexible. Only do not monopolize necromancy and leave something for guys that find the need to drink blood troublesome and not really worth the profits - one does not need to be strong and quick to sit in his/her tower and read forbidden tomes ;)

But when it comes to vampires - Blood Dragons for me - when not being the ultimate arcane master of the undeath, martial prowess is the way to go. I like specialization ;) After this probably the dangerous ladies of Lahmia.

6. Shareya

Yay \o/ Welcome to the forums!

7. Ordo Cruentus

Ordo Cruentus Order amongst the Dead

Blood Dragon.

All of the benefits of Vampirism, practically none of the downsides. Also, magic is for wimps. :vampire3:

Besides man...Blood Dragon. Blood Dragon. That just sounds cool.

8. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

There actually are Strigoi Vampires in other stories. They are basically the Strigoi from here, but aren't a devolved-line-ashamed-of-what-they-have-become type. They are vicious, powerful, and dangerous.

9. Deathless Dreamer

Deathless Dreamer Ghoul

Blood Dragons. Tragic, fallen champions or the ultimate knights. Fighting for honour and glory in battle even though they are damned. I like to imagine that there are some who still fight for what they believed in when they were mortal too, like a dark defender who fights fire with fire, and who hate themselves for feeding off the blood of the living, always wanting to find a way to return to their old life.

Abhorash is really cool too, especially how he is one of the few vampires who actually cured himself of vampirism, and is now the ultimate warrior, a man who never dies.

That being said I like the idea of the Necromancers, like a cabal or school of sorcerers dedicated to servitude of Nagash, who commands them from Nagashizzar, and whose purpose is to exterminate all life. Necrarchs, being vampire Necromancers, are also one of my favourites, but there's something about having an army of undead led by mortal wizards that's just more easily related to.

10. HOneym

HOneym Skeleton

I just like blood

11. Shareya

We still do not know if this is the case! Older vampires need to feed very rarely and it is possible that the blood of a dragon simply slaked his thirst for a few thousand years but not forever O _ O

12. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

No, in the older fluff it pretty much says that draining the vampire cured him of his thirst - it was one of his key things as he didn't want to feed on humans.

13. Shareya

I do need to go over the last armybook to see if it was stated that quite bluntly there as well. In the end this is just my personal theory to some of the fluff that makes it quite clear that older vamps feed quite rarely and potent blood just tends to slake off thirst for a long time.

14. Disciple of Nagash

I would recommend it as well as Night's Dark Masters, but yep I can assure you it is the case. Would I lie to you? :perv:

15. Shareya

Yes you would. No honest man would use a smiley like that!

I have read Night of the dark masters but I admit I tend to skip over Blood Dragons as they are quite dull ( for me ).

16. Deathless Dreamer

Deathless Dreamer Ghoul

On page 22 of the latest army book under the Lineage of Blood section it says, under the year 253, the following:

"Abhorash slays a Dragon in the Worlds Edge Mountains and drinks its blood, curing himself of his Blood Thirst forever. His followers spread across the world seeking to emulate their master."

17. Shareya

Thanks for the quote!

18. Disciple of Nagash

Dammit, I need a smug smiley xD

19. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

I tend to go to the Blood Dragons - knights and warriors, with only a few to beat them in combat (to be honest, though, only Chaos Lords can best them, with the exception of Archaon, besting everyone and everything).

20. ElectricPaladin

ElectricPaladin Skeleton

So, for me, I like the Blood Dragons.

I have weird tastes. There's something really neat about vampires-as-transhumans, trying to escape the - honestly rather crappy - human condition in a world of gods and monsters. Sick of having your homes and families raided by monstrous creatures, your sanity blasted by chaos, and your aspirations squashed by equally screwed up power hungry humans? Good news! You can get away from all that by becoming something more, something greater.

It's just that there's a price, of course...

And along come the Blood Dragons. They have achieved transhumanity-throug-vampirism. They are better than they were, but that's not enough. They chafe at the restrictions of vampirism. It isn't enough! They want more. They need more. They need to be completely unbound by any restrictions at all.

So they hunt down dragons and drink their blood in order to have all the gain and none of the pain.

You've just gotta respect that.

I'd have picked necromancers for similar reasons, but I don't really like GW's take on them. I prefer my necromancers as visionary maniacs refusing to accept the so-called "inevitability" of death rather than unwashed and degraded lunatics. So I didn't really feel like I could vote for necromancers here.

21. Larenthian

Larenthian Zombie

Von Carstein, I love the Idea of the vampires enacting their will on the mortal world
    Through political intrigue and then before you know it they have an almost "unkillable" army at your doorstep

22. Abhorash.

Abhorash. Grave Guard

I would argue a "lord level" Blood Dragon would most likely paste a Chaos Lord. And Abhorash taking on Archaon would be a toss up; however biases lead me to pick Abhorash.

23. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Yes, Chaos Lords and Blood Knights / Dragons are worthy of each other, but Abhorash against Archaon? Archaon is the Lord of End Times, the Everchosen of the Dark Gods, he can't be defeated even by such a mighty warrior (especially when remembering that Storm of Chaos didn't happen).

24. Abhorash.

Abhorash. Grave Guard

Archaon was tossed around by Grimgor Ironhide; and fled the fight due to not wanting to die. So If Grimgor can do it I think Abhorash has a good chance.

25. Shareya

Was Archaon not quite bloodied, bruised and weakened when that orc showed up?