1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Yourself! On a picture...

Discussion in 'The Mortal's Realm' started by Master Vampire, Aug 24, 2007.

1. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

On the subject of speculation of history, what bugs me all the time is the 'stratification' of eras. New technologies took time to spread, and although some wealthy/ powerful individuals would have had the latest equipment and weaponry, it would be some years before that kind of expensive material was commonplace. So sneering at a peasant levy for not having the most exotic armour is as wildly inaccurate as machine guns at Agincourt. And it is reasonable to presume that the lower status troops would have the older, more worn equipment - not a hundred years out, but 10 or 20 is logical. At the same time, we should not accept the argument that ( and I quote ) " if the romans had it, the Saxons would have" . These were totally different cultures! Sorry to go off topic, now I'll look for some new pictures to put up.

The Sun King likes this.
  2. junitor

junitor Zombie

an old photo of me in a new motorcycling helmet in vietnam sometime back. and new set of clothes after some idiots splash water on to me by the roadside.

Attached Files:

3. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

4. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

I'm still waiting for the pics that @hairyjeff did promise! A very nice pic of a girl doesn't pay the debt! ...don't take me too seriously, I wasted much more money than which was good for beer today. Wheeeeee....

5. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

Theerteen, my boy, take moderation in moderation, sometimes , anything less than far too much is nowhere near enough!

Theerteen likes this.
  6. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

7. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

Hey, I know the sword is wrong, but it's pretty.

8. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

And my son 12022346_1700401093522092_7604970105519582953_o.jpg t

9. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

The mail weighs about 12 kilo's, and he's only sixteen. Scares the hell out of me!

10. Theerteen

Hehe, that's cool. Once upon a time I tried larp (and yeah, I know that this has nothing to do with it ;) ), and had a chain mail myself. You definetely know what you did after a day wearing that stuff.

11. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

I n full kit, without weapons or shield, I'm carrying about 26 kilos. With the rest, maybe another 5-6. It shows after a long day! Which is partly why my doctor thought his blood pressure machine was crocked - he didn't think someone my age would be that fit!

12. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

Awesome pics @hairyjeff , really badass! How often do you guys do these events?

13. hairyjeff

hairyjeff Crypt Horror

These were taken at Sussex Bonfire events this year. The Bonfire/firework/drinking season in Sussex starts the first week of September and goes through every weekend until early December, the highlight being at Lewes on November 5th. The reenactments occur all over the country and europe at all times of year. I haven't been able to fight too much recently because of an injury, but I usually take to the field a few times each year. Next big one will be Hastings 2016 - 950th anniversary of the Norman invasion. I should get a couple in before that, but not sure. There are a couple of others on the forum who do it as well, so look out for their posts too.

Farmer7574 likes this.
  14. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

15. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

16. Menkeroth

^_^

Attached Files:

17. Menkeroth

In Aachen :)

Attached Files:

18. Theerteen

@Menkeroth Aachen, eh? Funny, was born there ;) How do you've liked it?

19. Menkeroth

It's quite small, but impressive, mostly the center. Statues, churches, all these old buildings... It did feel like the old capital of Charlemagne :)

Theerteen likes this.
  20. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Necromancer

You may remember I posted a photo of myself a while back from my first show. Since then... mistakes were made, that's all I'll say.

[​IMG]

21. Menkeroth

22. Skarsnik the Lord

Skarsnik the Lord Crypt Horror

Happy and awake, ready to summon Cthulhu tonight. Wish me luck! Ia fhtagn!

[​IMG]

23. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

Came across some ladies that were on the level today. Good times in Arrington, TN.

[​IMG]

24. Theerteen

It was sicka$$ cold yesterday, so I had to put on a little Mortal Kombat Scorpion refering...by accident, funnily.

[​IMG]

And, a little late, but still the train hasn't left, Happy New Year folks! In this case, we were in Vienna at a friend's house over the holidays.
    [​IMG]

25. Menkeroth

Ah, Wien! A special city in all regards. Have you enjoyed your time there?