1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Zombie unit filler/conversion

Discussion in 'Dying to Help' started by Quinras, May 16, 2017.

1. Quinras

Quinras Zombie

Hey guys and gals,

I have a question burning on my mind! I while back I saw this awesome zombie unit. It was a unit of Mantic zombies breaking through a wooden fence. One of these sections was broken and a zombie was walking on the broken fence. I cleary remember the creator talking about "illustrating the power of the mob".

I was really impressed by it, and now I want to make a unit filler of my own. But try as I might, I cannot find this unit anymore. This bothers me extremely! I wanted some inspiration, but now I can't find it.

So I guess my question is, does anyone know of what I am speaking? have you seen it? Could you please link it?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

Wish I could help, mate. Not sure I've seen that unit. But you may have more luck if you get this thread in the Dying To Help section. It's for just this type of post.

Maybe a friendly mod (@Mad 'At ) can skitterleap this thread into the appropriate area so it has better odds of being seen.

Good luck!

3. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Thread moved to Dying to Help.

On topic: The only such zombie unit i could think of is by @SoulSeeker. You can see his here. Definitely a shambling mob but no fence. Have you checked the Show us your Zombies thread? Don't know if it's in there but that thread has the highest concentration of zombies for sure.

4. Quinras

Quinras Zombie

Oke i have to admit, there is some awesome stuff in there. I may use Soulseekers idea of the shambling horde. But it was not one what I saw. This unit was walking on grass, I believe they where 10 models wide as well. It was more a diorama then a unit to play I think. I remember that it was one a website not easily found by Google, some blog I think. Damnit WHY didn't I save this picture.

5. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

If they were multibased it might have been a Kings of War zombie horde or legion. That might bear some google fruit.

6. Quinras

Quinras Zombie

You, my friend, are a genious. I saw the picture on another website (which I still haven't found) but it seems someone was ahead of me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  7. Quinras

Quinras Zombie

however I do feel stupid now for using every search term known to man except such an obvious one.
    But what'ya think? any idead how to catch this concept 5 models wide?

EDIT:
    although, here's an interesting fact. Now that I repeat this search on my own computer, I'm not getting it anymore.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  8. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

9. Quinras

Quinras Zombie

Yeah I saw that one as well, Very cool unit!
    I want to catch the feeling of the horde, just like the unit does that I posted, in a 5x2 unit filler. any ideas? I think 5 wide is to small to nicely depict the breaking fence.

10. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Yeah I agree that 5 wide would be too small for the effect, especially with open sides...maybe you could build the fences already destroyed on the side edges, and let them Zeds crawl over the pieces and above each other, that should give the chaotic forward pushing impress a solid mass of dead brainless bodies would doubtlessly make