• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

1250 v Ogres

Lvl 3 Necro book of arkhan + 20 zombies
Cairn Wraith + 20 zombies
Tomb Banshee, Mini blender vamp + 30 skeletons FC
Crypt horrors x 6
Varghulf

Hoping to boost the Zeds of course, but I could hide my necro behind the crypt horrors and have one 40 man zombie unit?

Other than that I can switch in GG for crypt horrors, but I am specifically avoiding my Hexwraiths and spirihosts for this battle because he has zero magic attacks at present while he builds his ogre army.

Also should I take konrad instead of the blender?

Edit: I changed my mind, going with konrad, losing the banshee for a white king to accept challenges if I fail an ion.

Going for 35 skeles and 30 zombies will hide my necro behind my crypts.

Last edited:
Get konrad, he is amazing when facing ogres and will do you more good than the mini blender.
Apart from that, consider either a banshee or wight king with nightshroud.
Though, having a necro with dispell scroll is a all round solid thing to do.

Personally I'd take the GG instead of the crypt horrors. You need something to deal damage. You have your tarpits to hold up other units.
Maybe throw in something that can hunt down warmachines as OK have that amazing cannon ;)

Holeee moley, great maw spell completely changed the game, he took out 19 skeletons and that was only with some lucky rolls from me.

Secondly, his god damn ironblaster...he was dodging around 3 units!, it was unbelievable he just kept dancing, because he could pivot and move all over the shop as a single unit, it was really ridiculous, id have it penned in then it would zip off through a gap...I did get it locked down at one point but failed a charge needing 5, so it wasn't just the dancing but it felt incredibly obnoxious. Also strength 10 grapeshot, are you kidding me, I had a tough 7 varghulf due to lucky portal rolls wiped off the board...

The game was a draw but I should have tabled him in all honesty, he sent his 'deathstar' against me zombies...so for 3 turns I had free reign but that bloody ironblaster.