• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

1500 Beastmen Campaign

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Sooo... I've got a campaign going at the LG and I've been running Beastmen. Started at 1k, now we're bumping it up to 1.5.

GBS lvl 3 Beasts (maybe wild?)
AHW
DS

Wargor BSB
Gnarled Hide
HA
Enchanted Shield
Dawn stone

4 Tuskgor Chariots
2 x 5 Raiders

29 Best Friends
St of Discipline

19 Best Friends
Movement banner

2 x Razorgor

Question is do I combine the Besties into a horde and shave a few for some scouting harpies or let er buck as is?

C & C much appreciated!

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Hi there,

-I strongly suggest not taking Lore of the Wild, it needs a bit of errata before it becomes useful, just look at Brayscream...it's not an augment. Go with Shadow or Death for some debuff goodness to keep your Besties alive.
-Definitely take some harpies and combine the two besty units as 19 will fold quickly.
-I'm concerned about the GBS' lack of a ward. Slap on the 5+ at least.

Atrophus

Grave Guard
Combine the bestigors, and drop the dawnstone and enchanted shield on the BSB, give him a normal shield and the beast banner.
The jagged dagger is a nice item on the GBS, especially if your running him in the combat block.
And I'd go lore of beasts, or shadows personally.

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Thanks for replies.
As I'm not using Gor core, the Beast banner isn't necessary. I've got static str 6 in my infantry. Survivability is key for the bsb here.
I left the list as it was for my game and it went quite well, I had to drop the movement banner because I forgot that Beastmen use the points out of their book for magic items and the enchanted shield costs 5 more SS.
It went very well.

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
You can check out how the list did in Legacies of Blood. I started a thread BigBadBatreps, which I'll be updating frequently.