• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
There is a smaller tournament coming up in October and am looking at scaling back my normal list. Current thoughts are

Vampire Lord- Heavy Armour, Shield, Dragonhelm, Ogreblade, Quickblood, Red Fury, Lv 1 (Vampires)

Vampire- Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Striking, Red Fury, Lv 2 (Shadows)

37 Ghouls- Ghast

5 Vargheists
5 Hexwraiths
Spirit Host
Spirit Host
Spirit Host
2 Fell bats

1500 points.

I know the general lacks a ward save but I'd rather having him chopping the hell out of stuff than just being alive. Similar with the lesser vamp, originally had the dawnstone for added protection but needed the points. I think having the back up shadow caster could be effective, particularly with the ghoul horde.

Spirit Hosts and Fell bats give me extra drops and diverters to help allow me to get the ghoul horde where they need to be. Vargheists and Hexwraiths can deal with smaller enemy units.
Thoughts?

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Looks good some things I'm a bit nervours about:

1. The lack of a ward on the general(but this is your choice as you stated)
2. The lack of a DS.
3. The lack of a level 4 caster.
4. I would go with LoV on the baby vamp as a backup when the general dies.
5. 5 HW is IMO too few to not get a magic missile to the face and explode, but against untrained opponents they can do well.

So overall I can't see why you wouldn't pick a SGK as the lord. I've had great success with field a SGK with RF, Sword of Bloodshed and Potion of Foolhardiness(yeah that's 9 attacks with RF on the charge!) at 1500 points.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu