• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

1500 RMY LIAT FOR mCTH TOMroow need help asap

So I'm at a the shop destroying WoC the frist time in my life and the guy across the table says he can bet any of my line ups with his Goblins and Orcs. Being the fool i was i challenged him to a macth and he set the pionts to 1500. Ihave never played vc's lower than 2000 since i started. I now its not a big difference, but as i made this list a feeling of dread keeps knawing at me that something is missing. So if any one could please give any ideas as to what to do toit please post suggestions or a alternitive list idea.

Reth's Brigade
Lord 1
21.7%
Hero 1
13.3%
Core 2
32%
Special 1
22.3%
Rare 0
0%
CoreNonMin 2
10.7%

325 pts 1 x Vampire Lord
Magic Items
Nightshroud
Forbidden Lore
Crown of the Damned
Dark Acolyte

200 pts 1 x Vampire
Magic Items
Red Fury
Tomb Blade
The Flayed Hauberk

xxx pts 30 x Crypt Ghouls

xxx pts 30 x Crypt Ghouls

335 pts 20 x Grave Guard
Group Options
Musician
Standard Bearer
Seneschal
Equipment
Great Weapon
Magic Banners
Banner of the Barrows

xxx pts 10 x Dire Wolves

xxx pts 10 x Dire Wolves

Total Army Points: 1500pts

So General is the main caster(a bit risky i know), a second vampire with tomb blade is with grave graud( not sure if it works with gg) set in front of general; ghouls set to either flank and dire wolves set to far flanks to cath enemy caster and machines.

So thats it, post away... please

I can only really see one thing I'd add in, and that's the helm of commandment on your lord. Also, I think the grave guard could maybe do with a few more models, seeing as they have great weapons most of them could die before they get to attack...

scholar23 said:
200 pts 1 x Vampire
Magic Items
Red Fury
Tomb Blade
The Flayed Hauberk

a second vampire with tomb blade is with grave graud( not sure if it works with gg)
Nope, only with skelletons.
Personally I like the sword of Battle on a red-fury vampire hero, but then again, I protect this guy in a unit with the Regenhoff banner.

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
Tomb blade only works on skellies.Sword of Might or Battle would be better, I think. Also, I'd swap the second wolf unit for more GG. good luck.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
1500 RMY LIAT FOR mCTH TOMroow need help asap
scholar23

lol. This scholar has awesome typing skills!

Grish

Liche
True Blood
325 pts 1 x Vampire Lord
Nightshroud, Crown of the Damned
Forbidden Lore, Dark Acolyte
A caster lord against O&G is fine I think. However, I think you should tighten him up a bit.
Nightshroud I don't see the value in. Crown of the Damned is OK as long as you have a BSB nearby; otherwise it's chancy. True, it's only a 1/12 chance you'll fail without a BSB, but if it does, you are in trouble.
I would probably go with:
Vampire Lord
Extra Magic Level
Dark Acolyte, MotBA
Helm of Command
= 365pts

200 pts 1 x Vampire
Red Fury, Tomb Blade
The Flayed Hauberk
Tomb Blade as already stated only works on Skeletons. As skeletons are weak, it's not very good.
If you go with the above Vampire Lord without Forbidden Lore, a vampire is nice as it makes the chances of your Main vampire lord getting VHD almost a sure thing. If you decide not to take that vampire lord, change this hero into a Wight King BSB.
So depending on your lord, take either:
Vampire - bsb
Dread Knight, Infinite Hatred
Walach's Hauberk, Biting Blade
= 225
Note this model will not get a Look Out Sir! roll, but I believe that will only matter to Rock Lobbers. Ballistas, Doom Divers do not use a template. He'll have a 1+AS, and a 5+ Ward save, hopefully keeping him alive in combat. Note that against an army with cannons or other templates, he would be shot to death quickly. This is only against O&G as I do not Believe their new book has many templates. Please correct me if this is not the case. If they do have templates, get the Flayed Hauberk, Infinite Hatred, Sword of Might

Wight King - BSB
Flayed Hauberk, Great Weapon
Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Kings, Other Trickster's Shard
- one of these builds will work well. The first is a unit killer, the second is a character killer.

38 x Crypt Ghouls w. Ghast = 312
15 Ghouls w. Ghast = 128 (bunker)
465 pts 30 x Grave Guard
Full Command, Great Weapons
Banner of the Barrows
Bumped up your Grave Guard to 30.

xxx pts 10 x Dire Wolves
xxx pts 10 x Dire Wolves
I wouldn't bother. Get rid of em.

Total Army Points: 1500pts

225 (vampire bsb)
312 ghouls
128 ghouls
465 Grave Guard
=5pts left.

Two huge units of infantry w. a Bunker. Simple. Use Raise Dead to redirect anything off your flanks, deploy your fighting blocks in Horde Mode.

That you only have two main units will help with VHD and the Helm as it will amplify these effects.

This is what I would do with the Giant Caveat I have not played against the new Orcs. If there's a major flaw anyone please point it out.

Grish said:
xxx pts 10 x Dire Wolves
xxx pts 10 x Dire Wolves
I wouldn't bother. Get rid of em.
This is the only thing I would disagree with, Grish. In my opinion if you split them into 4 units of 5, they could hep greatly with deployment, fanatics and/or mangler squigs. For their price I think that's very worth it, but if you disagree with me, because you know your opponent isn't a fan of these, then fair enough.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
For fanatics... use Raise Dead. They are the best option.

Deployment, my list has 3 units, and you're playing O&G. Even with th edirewolf drops, you'll be first to deploy I think. Use a refused flank, put the GG on that.

For mangler squigs... they have a use I admit. Maybe take 2 units of 5? A unit of 10 won't do much.

If you go with the above Vampire Lord without Forbidden Lore, a vampire is nice as it makes the chances of your Main vampire lord getting VHD almost a sure thing.
I've seen this same thing hinted at a few times, could you (or someone) elaborate please? :)

If you have a Vampire without Forbidden Lore who isn't your main caster, it means you will get one more spell, and therefore a higher chance of rolling a double. If you roll a double you get to choose your new spell, and that can be Vanhels.

Second vote here for ethereal hero. Either wraith or banshee. And remember terror.

Personally would go caster lord ( MotBA, DA, ghouls) and support vamp, FL - death, wraith hero.

As many ghouls as possible

Big unit GW GG.

Wolves as stated are less than pointless.