• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

1600pts Tournament list

Ok I have a Tournament games thing coming up, 10 people from our area vs 10 people from another area (not all at once!)

Its a 3 game thing where you will be matched up with anyone from the opposing side
Master Necromancer
Level 35
Earthing rod 25
Talisman of preservation 45

= 270pts

Core

Zombies x 50
Musician = 160pts
Banner

Ghouls x 25 = 250pts

Special
Grave guard x 31
G.weps
Musician
Banner (Barrows) = 442pts

Crypt horrors x 6
Champion = 238pts

RARE

Terrorgheist + rancid Maw = 240pts

= 1600pts

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Any chance you can get a vamp hero into that list? It's good to have a backup if your general falls (also good to have a combat vamp). Quickblood and Enchanted shield with heavy armor is a good setup if you can squeeze the points in. A level 2 necro will be fine at this level. Give him a scroll, too.
Cut the zombies to 20, make them a bunker for the necro. Put the rest of those points into a bigger ghoul unit.
Drop rancid maw and a few grave guard to get a chaff unit. I'd honestly drop the TG altogether if you could so your points can used for other things. A varghulf and more chaff would be good.

I would like to keep to terrogheist as I want to have 1 fast, strong hard hitting unit and I have also seen another vamp player use no chaff, no zombies just hard hitting small vamp units and necromancers to raise them back.
I faced him and was massacured and I used something like 160 zombies, all he had were 2 units of 40 skeles, a lord, 2 vamps and a unit of 10 blood knighrs and with magic heavy I did nothing to his army, he just ploughed through them.
So taking tough, hard hitting elites and little chaff can work well (ghouls will shield the advance but they can be raised just as easy as anything else)
I am going to try the list before the tournement, so im going to see how well it does anyway

Necromancer (Vampires) GENERAL
Level 35
Earthing Rod 25
Ruby ring of ruin 25
= 150pts

Vampire (Vampires)
Hev 4
Red fury 50

Talisman of preservation 45
enchanted shield 5

= 209pts

Core

Zombies x 20
Musician = 65pts

Ghouls x 34 = 340pts

Special
Grave guard x 25
G.weps
Musician
Banner (Barrows) = 370pts

Crypt horrors x 6
Champion = 238pts

RARE

Terrorgheist = 225pts

= 1597pts

I would personally drop the champion on the Crypt horrors I never bother with champs unless there is a character in the unit so the champ can take the challenges. that could give you a few more points to fiddle with.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
He beat you because you fielded 160 zombies. A bunker of 20 and a tarpit of 35-40 is good but taking more gives you diminishing returns. They can't really deal damage and they fall in droves. He also had a VL and two vamp heroes where you only had a master necro and one vamp thrall. He had far more punch.
Why the ruby ring? He'll be hiding in a bunker behind the mainline so he won't always have line of sight.

Ahh fair enough, im used to facing high elves most of the time and whatever you throw against them falls in droves, zombies just hold them longer as units like ghouls die just as easy to them with all their strike first great weapons

I just threw the ruby ring in there for no real reason, if I drop the champ and ring ive got another 35pts

2 fell bats could fill in that gap at 32pts I guess

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
That's a good option. Go for it.
I strongly suggest bringing a dispel scroll as just one Pit of Shades/Dwellers Below/Purple Sun can wreck your army in no time.

I completely agree with what Seneschal said I had a purple sun ruin my day the last game I played zombies and Crypt horrors die horribly to purple sun lol