• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

1750 of DE

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
1750 on the mark.

Haemic(PB,Liq)
3 wracks; Venom(XSC):

5 warriors; 1 Blaster; Venom(XSC)
5 warriors; 1 Blaster; Venom(XSC)

4 TB(4 blasters); Venom(XSC)
4 TB(4 blasters); Venom(XSC)

8 Mandrakes;(Nightwraith)

5 Khy, 4 Razr, 3 BMs

7 Scourges; 2 HWL
7 Scourges; 2 HWL

Cronos(SP,SV)

Ravager(DLs,NS,FF)
Ravager(DLs,NS,FF)

The spirit for the list is duality. Not a new concept by any means but I do not believe in single-purpose units because rock-paper-scissor thinking gets you into trouble two times out three.

At the face of the list it is a standard layout of venom spam.
Venom units bring AT and AV. Same with Scourges, which since is both to capitalize on duality but also make the most of token. The haemonculi will speed towards the mandrakes(and subsequently hide), the cronos will attempt to give a 2nd token to them asap which enable the drake unit to take on tanks with a nice number of 25 S5 attacks which at the same time will prove to be invaluable versus horde typ armies as well with the shooting and brutal charge. Pinning a unit here or there certainly isn't a bad thing either.
Same line of thinking goes into the beast unit. A good sized unit which brings forth an impressive number of attacks and can take on the rear value of most vehicles thanks to the rending attacks of the razorwing swarms.
The only unit that doesn't go into this line of thinking is of course the ravagers but they're a terror-weapon as much as their are an AV-unit.

The cronos may seem like the odd-ball unit here but when look upon the units I'm using it's purpose should not appear to be so strange. It's main target for tokens are mandrakes(for the 2nd token) and Scourges.

The end result is, synergy, everything in the list is made to work together and bar some units there is no target that is safe or out of reach. There are not a single unit which demise would destroy my plan so I supposed the correct term would be redundancy.

Why the confident tone? I'm a DE player! It's in my DNA. If I fail, I'll blame someone else. Even if I can't, I didn't fail. It was just a part of the plan all along xD

Anyways, any ideas are welcomed, even if it changes the list or removes a unit here and there. The only part I would like to keep is the cronos and use a unit to its strengths. I do not want to turn this into a standard venom-spam list.

Cheers, D.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
The only thing I don't particularly like about it, is that you only have 3 scoring units, and they'll all die if something sneezes at them (or maybe coughs in the case of the wracks). Other than that, I love that you're actually using mandrakes. My list is more incubi based, but mandrakes just look so awesome...

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Yes, that is true but it is also how I usually play. I do not actually claim objectives untill the last possible moment. I do not believe DE were made to hold them but rather to swoop in and steal them. That said, I think I will drop one scourge unit in favour for a Wrack unit of 8 in a raider(with shock prow). It will take more than a cough to get rid of that, I think. Especially since the rest of the army is designed for high pressure and the unit certainly won't high up on the threat list. The remaining Scourge unit will most likely be first recipient of a token from the Cronos(or mandrakes depending on target opportunity and which unit who are the most valueable vs the particular opponent).