• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2,000 points Crypt Lurkers list

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Strigoi Ghoul King
Red Fury
Winged Horror
Fencer's Blades
Talisman of Preservation
Potion of Strength

Necromancer
Level 2
Cursed Book

Necromancer
Level 2
Book of Arkhan

40 Crypt Ghouls
Champion

42 Zombies
Standard Bearer

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

8 Crypt Horrors
Champion

Terrorgheist

Terrorgheist

Total - 1,999 points

Thoughts
So, what I'm going for here is the theme of 'lower' undead. The sort of horde that might be called together and led by an animalistic Ghoul King. So to my mind that excludes black knights, wights, vampires, anything terribly ethereal (so wraiths, banshees, spirit hosts, mortis engines or coven thrones) and so on.

What are peoples thoughts?

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Hello there

-Take dispel scroll over cursed book.
-You need a bunker for the necros or they are toast. Take 2 units of zombies instead. Three casters spamming IoN in the first few turns will beef up the units.

Mr. West

Lahmian Tomb Guard
ToP on the Ghoul King ... don't know really.
You're essentialy wasting the 5+ regen he comes with, so you might just a well opt to go for a vampire lord instead if you want the ToP.

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Seneschal said:
He's going for a Strigoi-esque theme, that's why I didn't suggest taking a VL.
Exactly. I know it's a waste of his built in regen, but I don't like the idea of relying only on a 5+ save. I know a VL is a better option for defense, but I'm trying to find a way to make a SGK work.

If I wasn't going to take Winged Horror what would be another good way to spend those points?