• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level 4 (Vampire Lord): Potion of Strength; Armour of Destiny; Book of Arkhan; Quickblood; Forbidden Lore; Level 4 Wizard; lance; shield; Hellsteed 518
General (Vampire Lord): Talisman of Preservation; The Other Trickster's Shard; Nightshroud; Red Fury; Quickblood; Level 3 Wizard; great weapon; shield; heavy armour; Hellsteed 519

Wight King: Dragonbane Gem; Sword of Anti-heroes; Enchanted Shield; Skeletal Steed (barding) 145

40 Skeleton Warriors: Banner of Eternal Flame; Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer 240
39 Skeleton Warriors: Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer 225
5 Dire Wolves 40
5 Dire Wolves 40
5 Dire Wolves 40
5 Dire Wolves 40

10 Black Knights: Banner of Swiftness; barding; lances; Hell Knight; musician; standard bearer 305
4 Vargheists: Vargoyle 194
4 Vargheists: Vargoyle 194

2,500 points

This is for a Swedish tournament using the Masters rule pack from this past year, and a band of 8-14. I was able to squeeze my previous double-blender tournament list into an 8.0. However in practice games I've found that it's a little too difficult to overcome that 500 point deficit against certain foes. Softening the bus up somewhat has brought me up to an 11.3, but I'm afraid I've passed the tipping point where the bus is no longer as effective as it needs to be to protect its points.

Thoughts?

estwheadn

Black Knight
Jun 4, 2014
I personally think that the double blender bus is overkill but if that's the route you want to go I think we need to talk about your wight king. He is not an offensive hero. He is there to accept challenges from enemy combat god characters and survive, or at least not give up overkill. Drop the sword, and give him the nightshroud. Then give the vamp you are stealing it from the ogre blade.
Here are the ogre blades advantages over the great weapon:
+1 armor save in combat
re-rolls to hit (usually)
strike before or at the same time as the opponent vs after or at the same time

I would either arm him like that or swap him out for more knights. It's not impossible for some armies to take out 7 knights and then throw a cannonball across your vampires with no look out sir benefit. You should at least give your level 4 the charmed shield. I think you should try to beef up the knight unit. Since you have so many points invested in that unit already, you might as well protect them. That is, unless you PLAN on having your vamps fly out of the unit. Banner of the barrows would really help the offensive output of your unit. You might want to consider adding it too. The knights are already really fast, they don't need banner of swiftness imo.

If you are worried about the dragon banner(which doesn't seem likely due to the sword you gave the wight king) in the tournament you still have another vampire in there! And a wight king! and also lots of knights with high strength killing blow And some big units of vargheists to come in on a flank.

What lore are you going to give your forbidden lore vampire? I think lore of vampires is actually the best for your level 4 because invocation will give you back 5 knights rather than 4. Also does your second blender not have red fury because of restrictions? I don't know the rules but if that's the case either drop him completely or give him curse of the revenant for an extra wound. It's not really a double blender bus if one of the vamps can't blend

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
@erstwheadn Your advice is all very astute, and I 100% agree with all of those suggestions...

...if we weren't talking about a list under Swedish Comp. The advice you're giving is essentially to make the list more like my uncomped GT list (which you can find HERE). Sadly that list comps at a 7.5, which not only being below the band of this tournament (8-14) means that against a 14-comped list I am fighting at a 600-point deficit under the pack (each point of comp difference translates into a 100-point VP gain to the higher-comped player). Under a 20-0 system that means that I'm starting off with a 4-16 loss against a high comped player, and he can just run away from me all game to keep it that way.

I tweaked my uncomped list slightly to show the difference (and also amended the above list, which I didn't notice was the wrong version).

Vampire Lord (General): QB, RF, ToP, OTS, hellsteed, HA+Shield, Level 2 (Vamps)
Base: -15
Ogre Blade: -3
Level 2: -3
Hellsteed+RF: 6
QB: -5
QB+RF+Magic Weapon: 15+5+6=26
= 76 comp

Vampire Lord (Level 4):
QB, RF, Scroll, Armour of Destiny, Potion of Strength, hellsteed, HA, shield, level 4 (Vampires)
Base: -15
2nd Vampire Lord: -10
2nd Red Fury: -5
2nd cav char: -3
Dispel Scroll: -7
Quickblood: -5
Hellsteed+RF: -6
QB+RF: -20
= 74 comp

Wight King:
night shroud, dragonbane gem, ironcurse icon, barded steed, GW
Base: -4
Nightshroud: -2
3rd cav char: -7
Steed: -1
=14 comp

40 skeletons
, FC = -4
39 Skeletons, FC, flaming std = -4
5 dogs = 2
5 dogs = 2
5 dogs = 2
5 dogs = 2+2 4th unit = 4

4 vargs, champ = 10
4 vargs, champ = 10

10 black knights, FC, movement banner, lances, barding = -18

total = -220

Swedish Score = 8.0

Essentially speaking, under the comp score each of my vampires must earn me 740-760 points to earn their keep. That's pretty brutal. They're a savage unit, but being behind 600 VPs right off deployment is a tough hill to climb.

However you can see that Red Fury on the 2nd vampire is costing me a whack of comp hit. -31 to be precise, which is pretty brutal. Not sure if she's worth it at that hit.

Removing just red fury from her brings my list up above an 11 comp, which is pretty huge. That's basically 300 extra points that I suddenly don't need to earn back.

Taking Ogre Blade off the other Vampire nets me +9 swedish, bringing me up to a 12. That opens room to put the night shroud on him. But now the bus isn't as killy as it used to be. I'm also quite concerned about getting tagged by 3++ ward chaos characters, who are super cheap under Swedish and can be squeezed into 13+ comp lists. Thus I put the Sword of Antiheroes on the wight king so that he's churning out 6 S7 attacks if they throw those all into the bus at once. Plus it gives me a magic weapon to deal with ethereal just in case.

Concern is that the bus is now significantly less killy, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. However I need to do something to deal with comp score.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I think the list can work as is BECAUSE you have Hellsteeds - when the bus starts to die around the Blenders, fly them out and use them on their own or in pair.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Club day. Ended up running a list that was a mild tweak on my 8.0 list above. Only changes were to drop ASF off both vampires in exchange for AoDM+Beguile on the OB blender, and forbidden lore on the other. Also dropped dispel scroll for book of arkhan.

For my forbidden lore I picked fire. Total bust.

Game 1

9.5 comped HE filth. 7 characters in 50 spearmen with an anointed and two level 2 high, plus level 4 beasts. 2k in one unit. Rest was 4 bolt throwers, 5 reavers, and two skycutters.

End up losing one unit of vargs to a double skycutter charge. Bus danced around his death star waiting for an opportune time to go in. Almost had it, pinned with skeletons in front and flank and bus in rear. Then he IFed savage beasts and chewed through the skeletons in a round. Bah.

Ended up being an 11-9 in his favour, after a lucky bolt thrower shot sniped my WK.

game 2: warriors

Slaanesh themed, with 3++ lord and hero, flying carpet caco bomb mage, warriors, crushers, marauder foot, marauder horse, and a hellcannon

Underestimated how much the random movement could slow down the bus, and really got hurt by it being out on a flank.

Ended up catching his characters and tarpitting them in skeletons, to be eaten by the bus. Vargs ate chaff and one unit took warriors in the flank and ran them down thanks to -1LD from the nearby VL. Couldn't catch his crushers thanks to random movement.

He got one skeletons, all chaff, one vargs

I got both fighty 3++ chars, his warriors, marauders, hellcannon.

12-8 in my favour

game 3: wood elves

2x18 GG with true flight
8 scouts with true flight
6 wild riders
1 eagle

And 10 WR with fighty lord / bsb and two level 4 on high, scroll and Mr 3

Basically he spams high spells to stack wound soak counters then blasts through you with the bus. Very mean.

Reactions: The Sun King
Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Cool batrep, how did game 3 go?

Ran out of time last night to finish it off.

So basically he was down by the time I'd deployed skeletons and dogs. He had the small WR outflanking on my left, and everything else in the middle, eagle on the far right behind a hill.

I had dogs spaced evenly across the board, dropped skeletons in the middle, then based on his bus placement decided to put my bus and vargs on the far right behind some impassable, to save them from a round of shooting.

This was my first big mistake. The bus is relatively resistant against his shooting, and I shouldn't have been too concerned. I also realized that he really doesn't want to risk putting his bus into mine early in the game, before he has enough tokens to soak up wounds (you can't RF off a token...counts as a successful save). I should have pushed the bus right up the middle and put pressure on his archers, and used that as cover for my vargheists.

Instead I failed to follow my own advice, and got distracted by the bus while the archers were left to shoot at my stuff all game. This put me back on my heels, and I had to really rely on magic to try and pull me out of it. However a series of 3-2 magic phases and abysmal casting rolls (failed to cast Raise Dead on 3 dice, for instance) really hampered that.

In the end it was a 0-20 loss, after he punched through the bus bottom of 5.

This was also just a really sloppy game on my part. I failed to turn the skeletons just a little bit and gave his bus somewhere to land outside of my line of sight. I held a unit of dogs too far back, and as a result was too far away to push a fleeing archer unit off the board. Just little things like that, but inexcusable mistakes for the level of play I'm aspiring to. Need to focus more, and pay attention to things like that.

End of the day I wasn't very impressed by Fire. 2d6 fireball is just too damned expensive, and the rest of the lore isn't very good. My opponent suggested Heavens, which I liked the idea of...though somewhat self-serving of him since iceshard doesn't affect his trueflight shooting.

Tough to say. I'm considering just dropping Forbidden Lore altogether for another 2 levels on vampires and another beguile (even though Beguile didn't really do all that much all game).

Will give it some thought this week, then try something else on Wednesday club night.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
New iteration of the list, based on lessons learned last game:

Level 4 (Vampire Lord): Armour of Destiny; Book of Arkhan; Potion of Strength; Red Fury; Beguile; Level 4 Wizard; lance; Hellsteed 525

Comp: Base (-15), Level 4 (-21), Book of Arkhan (-5), RF (15), RF+hellsteed (-6) = -62

General (Vampire Lord): The Other Trickster's Shard; Talisman of Preservation; Rod of Flaming Death; Red Fury; Quickblood; Beguile; Level 2 Wizard; great weapon; shield; heavy armour; Hellsteed 499

Comp: Base (-15), 2nd VL (-10), 2nd RF (-5), 2nd cav char (-3), level 2 (-3), hellsteed+RF (-6), QB (-5), QB+RF (-20) = -67

Wight King: Nightshroud; Dragonbane Gem; Ironcurse Icon; Skeletal Steed (barding) 155

Comp: Base (-4), mounted (-1), 3rd mounted (-7) = -12

40 Skeleton Warriors: Banner of Eternal Flame; Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer 240 (-4)
39 Skeleton Warriors: Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer 225 (-4)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-2)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-2)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-2)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-4 for 4th unit)

10 Black Knights: Banner of Swiftness; barding; lances; Hell Knight; musician; standard bearer 305 (-18 with lances)
4 Vargheists: Vargoyle 194 (-10)

2,497 points

Comp = (300 - 199 comp points) / 10 = 10.1

Not sure about the Rod of Flaming Death. I've always liked it but never could find space for it in the list. My thinking is that it gets me what I wanted out of Lore of Fire, being a magic missile spell that can potentially earn me some points at range. Easy to cast on a fleeing unit of archers to mop up their points, or on some fast cav that is likely going to chaff the bus next game. We'll see. Alternatives are maybe the Ruby Ring + Scroll of Shielding, or maybe some Magic Resistance? Not sure.

Otherwise stuck beguile on both vampires, but didn't have enough points for AoDM or anything fancy like that after putting QB back onto the VL. 30 points that would be better put towards something else, but there wasn't anything else I really felt like buying that didn't cost me comp hit. Fellbats maybe? Felt like I needed some protection on the bus more than I needed more chaff though. Plus fellbats would drop me to a 9.7.

All in all I'm not liking the gimped VL builds. Considering putting quickblood back on the lady vampire to give me some bite, and just taking the 100 point hit. Might just be after that wood elf game, but I'm really feeling like the bus has dropped below that inflection point of invincibility. Used to be that it would savage anything it touched, but now it's looking a little fragile against certain matchups. Not what you want out of a 1300 point sack of hammers.

Alternative is converting up another pair of vampire models on foot, or finding ways to magnetize the wings on my current vampires (plus magnetize lady vampire to a different base). Double foot blenders in skeletons would be a lot cheaper under the comp. Also a lot shittier. We shall see.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
So after much consternation, here's the final list that I submitted yesterday. I tried playing around with softening the vampires to make some extra swedish room, but it just made the bus too fragile. Not a fan.

An 8.0 means I'm starting down as much as 600 points, which is terrifying. However by deploying the bus in the middle I can use it to protect my other units, and plow into whatever will earn it the most points. So long as I can keep the bus earning points I think I'll be okay. Unless I lose everything else I should protect myself from big losses too, since the bus is pretty invulnerable to anything save Dwellers/Final Trans.

General (Vampire Lord): Potion of Strength; Armour of Destiny; Dispel Scroll; Red Fury; Quickblood; Level 2 Wizard (Lore of Vampires); lance; shield; Hellsteed 473
Base (-15), Level 2 (-3), Dispel Scroll (-7), Hellsteed+Red Fury (-6), Quickblood (-5), Red Fury+Quickblood (-20) = -56

Vampire Lord: Talisman of Preservation; The Other Trickster's Shard; Ogre Blade; Red Fury; Quickblood; Level 4 Wizard (Lore of Vampires); shield; heavy armour; Hellsteed 544
Base (-15), Level 4 (-21), 2nd Red Fury (-5), 2nd Vampire Lord (-10), 2nd cav char (-3), Ogre Blade (-3), Hellsteed+Red Fury (-6), Quickblood (-5), Red Fury+Quickblood+Magic Weapon (-26) =-94
Wight King: Ironcurse Icon; Nightshroud; Dragonbane Gem; great weapon; Skeletal Steed (barding) 160
Base (-4), mounted (-1), nightshroud (-2), 3rd non-necro cav char (-7) = -14
39 Skeleton Warriors: The Screaming Banner; Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer 250 (-4)
38 Skeleton Warriors: Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer 220 (-4)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-2)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-2)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-2)
5 Dire Wolves 40 (-4)

10 Black Knights: Banner of Swiftness; barding; lances; Hell Knight; musician; standard bearer 305 (-18)

2,500 points / (300-220)/10 = 8.0

smashthedean

Zombie
Mar 11, 2015
Bellingham, WA
This looks good pretty good! I'm definitely interested in seeing how it fares as I have a pretty similar list in the works. The differences in mine are swapping the Vargheists and the second Lord out for a Terrorgheist, a regular Vampire, and a 30 man Grave Guard horde. I get up to 10.5 comp with my list and it is quite the struggle to do so!

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
My terrorgheist isn't ready or I was going to do something similar. Basically dropping the second lord for a terrorgheist, a wight king with sword of antiheroes and potion of toughness (and banner of the barrows on the knights to make the two wights hit harder), plus two spirit hosts.

That comps in at an 11.0. Also feels a little more flexible, which I liked. Trouble is that I'm kind of in the hobby doldrums after marathon painting for my last tournament and I didn't think I would get my terrorgheist up and painted in time. Nor the second wight. Thus rather than reinvent the wheel I just resubmitted my old list and decided to go for the throat.

My goal this tournament is top 25%, and while I don't think my list can *win* given the comp differential I think it's mean enough to be in contention for a good placement.

We're using the masters tournament pack, which has a number of "objective cards" that I can use on the 4 games day 1 (yes...6 game tournament with 4 games day 1. Ugh...). My army seems reasonably well-suited to most of them, so that may be a point in my favour.

smashthedean

Zombie
Mar 11, 2015
Bellingham, WA
A second Wight King and BotB would be nice, but I feel like I have to have that BabyVamp in there to tote the dispel scroll around. If you're interested, I just threw up a battle report with my current list here.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
A second Wight King and BotB would be nice, but I feel like I have to have that BabyVamp in there to tote the dispel scroll around. If you're interested, I just threw up a battle report with my current list here.

Cool, I'll take a look. Honestly I'm kind of underwhelmed by babyvamps. Too squishy for my liking. Sometimes it's dicy even with my vampire lords, and they're honestly just as efficient Swedish-wise for the points. The wight kings are a better buy under Swedish, I feel. Especially with Banner of the Barrows boosting them up a bit.

Forge

Crypt Horror
Jul 26, 2010
California
Your vamp lords are a serious hit to your Swedish comp and according to the rules you laid out the points you're allowed to have at around -60 a piece, I'd drop them down to a regular lvl 2 vamp and add some more knights, your vamp characters are worth like -60 a piece! And they cost over 500 each! In a tournament. You're not only going to up your comp score which wins you tournaments (I usually play 18-20pt lists) because low point lists have to massacre their opponents to win while high comp lists can win with just ties and minor victories even a loss won't usually take you out of the running if you run high comp. if I was playing a Swedish comp tourny that gives you more points to spend for "softer" lists I'd be running the max comp list because that gives me more models to buff my busses, or more monsters, or more rank and file to keep my units alive keeping points out of my enemies hands. Your knight unit needs more models, 2 cannons would wreck your army turn 2.

Hellion Nox

Grave Guard
Nov 10, 2014
This is more of an observation but don't mind me asking. I see you rarely run zombies, is there a reason you leave them out of your lists ?

smashthedean

Zombie
Mar 11, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Your vamp lords are a serious hit to your Swedish comp and according to the rules you laid out the points you're allowed to have at around -60 a piece, I'd drop them down to a regular lvl 2 vamp and add some more knights, your vamp characters are worth like -60 a piece! And they cost over 500 each! In a tournament. You're not only going to up your comp score which wins you tournaments (I usually play 18-20pt lists) because low point lists have to massacre their opponents to win while high comp lists can win with just ties and minor victories even a loss won't usually take you out of the running if you run high comp. if I was playing a Swedish comp tourny that gives you more points to spend for "softer" lists I'd be running the max comp list because that gives me more models to buff my busses, or more monsters, or more rank and file to keep my units alive keeping points out of my enemies hands. Your knight unit needs more models, 2 cannons would wreck your army turn 2.

I'm pretty sure he said this is for an 8-14 comp range tourney so it should be fine. 18-20 comp is pretty ridiculous.

Forge

Crypt Horror
Jul 26, 2010
California
Ya so max out at 14 then, 14 is not a soft list by any means. I've won quite a few 1-20 tourneys with 18-20 lists. It's just how you work it.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada

Vampires aren't very good at "just going for a tie." We have very little capability of dealing damage at range, and thus the "sit back and go for a tie" isn't really an option. We will just bleed points if we do it that way. Might as well push.

However I agree that going for an 8 is aggressive, and has basically cost me any hope of winning this tournament. However I realized I wasn't going to get the additional models I need for my 11-comped list ready in time. I tried to squeeze some more comp points out of this list but it fell flat. As one person in my club said, "it's like cutting off the last inch of your dick and expecting it to still work properly." List needed a ground-up redesign and I didn't have the models.

...meaning that I didn't have a terrorgheist and another mounted wight king. Terrorgheist conversion is waaaaay too ambitious.

This is more of an observation but don't mind me asking. I see you rarely run zombies, is there a reason you leave them out of your lists ?

A couple reasons:

1) I didn't want to put together as many zombies as I would need.

2) I already owned a lot of skeletons from my TK army.

3) Skeletons are better.

#3 is contextual, as I'm not running a nehek-spam list. My vampires are rarely within Invocation range of my skeletons, and thus it really doesn't make a difference what they are.

However skeletons have a champion, which straight up wins me games. Skeletons killed a chaos sorceror on a dragon last game. They've killed old bloods, scarvets, "unkillable" tzeentch lords and BSBs. All because they're mounted with great weapons, and thus don't get to strike before their mount kicks the champion to death in a challenge.

I also just really like that skeletons hit everything on 4s and have that 5+6++. You treat them like zombies, expecting them to lose, but every now and then they win a combat they had absolutely no right to. Opponent flubs a bunch of rolls, you make a couple, and now they're losing combat by 1 or 2 and they're not steadfast.

Zombies will never do that for you.

Forge

Crypt Horror
Jul 26, 2010
California
Is it just a lack of models problem? If not trust me 100 points per comp point is freaking amazing! You can get so many black knights for the points and comp points that your vampires cost. Ranks win games in this edition, I wouldn't run any less then 3 ranks of BK's if it was my main block. But in all reality GG with GW's are your best chance at winning tournaments they are much more durable and versatile.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Is it just a lack of models problem? If not trust me 100 points per comp point is freaking amazing! You can get so many black knights for the points and comp points that your vampires cost. Ranks win games in this edition, I wouldn't run any less then 3 ranks of BK's if it was my main block. But in all reality GG with GW's are your best chance at winning tournaments they are much more durable and versatile.

Honestly, I wasn't super impressed by GG. I ran them last season and found them a little too cumbersome and predictable. Plus they bleed combat res like crazy against elite units, and don't really give me a solid answer against high volumes of attacks like witch elves and savage orcs. They also really don't like fighting skullcrushers or phoenix guard, which the meta is lousy with right now.

My other list is similar to this one, but swaps out the second VL for another WK (sword of antiheroes), BotB on the BK (to help the WK hit), a terrorgheist, and a pair of spirit hosts. Comps in at an 11. I liked that list more, but as I said didn't have a terrorgheist or a second wight.

Also been thinking about varghulfs, but I couldn't find a role for them that my vargheists didn't do a better job of due to flight. Might be a bit tougher against trueflight wood elves, but that's about it.

Honestly though, I just plain ran out of energy to playtest further lists and reverted to the uncomped list I brought to my last tournament.

Forge

Crypt Horror
Jul 26, 2010
California
Why not run a combo GG BK list then? Rather then wrap your whole armies worth of points and comp into one 10-15 model unit cut the characters and build multiple units with supporting characters. Banner of the barrows in a horde GG unit with GW's. BK's with the screaming banner supported by a vamp with aura of dark majesty does fantastic.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Why not run a combo GG BK list then? Rather then wrap your whole armies worth of points and comp into one 10-15 model unit cut the characters and build multiple units with supporting characters. Banner of the barrows in a horde GG unit with GW's. BK's with the screaming banner supported by a vamp with aura of dark majesty does fantastic.

Well the list is already submitted, so there's that :P

First round opponent is a skaven list, also rated an 8.0. Lists aren't posted yet but I hear he's got a crapload of chieftans. Should be interesting. At an 8 I'm expecting that he also brought all his toys.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
I lied. First round opponent is Roman with his skaven. Interesting...

Grey Seer: 240.0 Pts General Magic Level 4
Warlord 190.0 Pts Heavy Armour, Fellblade [100.0]
Warlord 193.0 Pts Halberd; Heavy Armour, Wizarding Hat [100.0]
Assassin 170.0 Pts 2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars, Weeping Blade [30.0], Potion of Strength [20.0]
Chieftain 47.0 Pts Halberd; Heavy Armour

48 Clanrats 295.5 pts Light Armour; Shields; Full Command
Ratling Gun weapon team

23 Clanrats 100.0 Pts Light Armour; Standard

48 Clanrats 310.5 Pts Light Armour; Shields; Full Command
Weapon Team Warpfire Thrower;

Warp-lightning Warp Cannon 90.0 Pts
Doomwheel 150.0 Pts
Doomwheel 150.0 Pts
Hellpit Abomination 235.0 Pts

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
I'm thinking I just push? Stop 15" away and cast Curse of Years at his unit, or Gaze at his characters if they've stepped out of the unit. Raise Dead can keep his random movers from coming towards me since they're stuck going straight. I'm thinking that Wind of Death is a good pickup here as well, given how many ranks he is likely to have. Guessing the clanrats all go 5-wide and he loads the front of them with chieftans?

Should also be able to hellsteed my vampire into his bunker if need be. The two doomwheels will need to be varg'ed quick. Don't have a good answer for the hellpit save vampires, which isn't preferable.

Man that's a lot of chaff though...

smashthedean

Zombie
Mar 11, 2015
Bellingham, WA
My reason for preferring Skeletons to Zombies is generally that Skeletons are a much cheaper Swedish way to pay your Core Tax than Zombies (or Ghouls).

That is a pretty daunting Skaven list though... good luck! I don't put much stock in Wind of Death generally, but I could see it maybe working here like you said. Do you think he will be running the Chiefs as chaff instead of as the front ranks of his Clanrat units? That was how I was imagining them rolling out.

I looked over some of the other lists coming to the tournament and man there are some bizarro VC builds. Master Necro on an Abyssal Terror? A Coven Throne? Crazy stuff!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu