• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mutter

Skeleton
Aug 29, 2007
Hi there,

I have an upcoming campaign game against the wood elves, and I'm debating which of two possible lists to take ...

First the campaign matrix:

2 characters, one can be a lord
3 Special
0 Rare
2 Free Slots which can be spent either on characters, special or rare

2000 points

The WE are defending in a heavily wooded area (probably three woods on the table, plus one extra which they get), and are defending two towers, each with 10 (human) bowmen inside and stonethrower on top ...

The two lists I think about using are:

Sylvanian Foot

Vampire Lord (The Librarian), GW, BoA, CB, DS
Thrall, BSB, Flayed Hauberk, SoM
Thrall, GW, Walking Death, ES

2x 5 Wolves
2x 24 Levy, B&M
1x 23 Levy, B&M
5 Bats

2x Black Coach

The second possible list contains:

The Ghoul Horde

Vampire Count, The Librarian (as above)
Thrall (BSB, as above)
Necro, 2 scrolls
Necro, Power Familiar

2x 5 Wolves
10 Zombies
3x 8 Ghouls
9 Ghouls

25 Grave Guard
12 Black Knights, B&M, War Banner
3 Bats

I think, the first list is much stronger from a pure power-level aspect, but the fact that I have to attack the towers makes the second list slightly more flexible - even a diminished unit of ghouls should have to problems taking over the building and netting me the 250 victory points per tower. Plus, I suspect my opponent might bring six levels of magic, since she is very fond of it, and thus the second list features a much stronger magic defense, even if the offensive power is probably equal in both lists.

Any thoughts, suggestion, ideas? Any totally differnet ideas you might want to promote? :)

Cheers, Mutter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu