• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2000 Pt

Just got back into playin with my VC army after a few years traveling through space "For the greater good". Have done a list roughly as follows.

Lord
AoD, Red Fury, Sum Ghouls, sword of Bloodshed, Flayed H'brk. Goes with GG 

Vamp Thrall
Sum Ghouls, CoC, AoD, Ench Shield. Goes with 30 Ghouls. 

Wight BsB
Drak Bnr. Goes with GG 

20 GG, FC, Grt wpns, Bnr of Brws 

30 Ghouls 

2 x 14 Ghouls 

5 Blood Knights Full Command Std of Strig, magic sword#

Basically going to try it out n see wot happens, first game is against a frnds Chaos Dwarves. I know thrs no Ward Saves, will prob rectify this before I play.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Replace the banner of drak with Banner of bloodkeep they have aloot of flaming shooting attacks.
Also they will make a mockery of your armour, drop the over priced blood knights, add a Black coach to get across the field fast or more ghouls and increase the GG unit to 30 guys 10 wide minimum,I would sugest 40 and you will have no fear in combat as you will need a bit of a buffer without your regeneration.

Get rid of Avatar of Death on your lord, you have the flayed hauberk so you are just wasting points.
Give him Forbidden lore in Vampire so you can get across the field as quick as possible with Danse Macabre for sure, also the ASF will negate your Always Strikes last and let you strike on initiative order and chaos dwarfs are 2 so you will go first with a reroll and just so you remember the spell is spammable.
Now that you have done that you will notice your lord has no Ward save, give him the crown of the damned, you will have to roll but you are leadership 10 with a reroll.

All chaos dwarf troops are a bit overpriced because they are forge world models and the rule book came from them, for that reason you should easily outnumber them.
Just remember to get across the field and into combat as fast as possible, the guy you are facing more than likely knows the rules quiet well after paying what he did for the army and will field mostly a gunline, if you get to him, once in combat you will dominate.

thx for that, but why do the GG get to re-roll there to hit rolls and why does the Lord get a re-roll on his stupidity test?

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
The GG would get a reroll is you cast Danse Macabre whilst they are still in combat.
The lord would get a reroll because the BSB in the unit lets you reroll failed leadership tests.

New list

Lord, goes in GG
Forbidden Lore, Red Fury, Smn Ghouls.
Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of Protection, Sword of Striking, luck stone.

Vampire goes in GG
BSB AoD, Smn Gls.
Flag of Blood Up.

Vampire goes in 18 unit ghouls behind 30 unit 
AoD, Smn Gls.
HoC, Biting Blade.

30 GG with full Command. ,
BotB.

30 Ghouls

2 x 18 Ghouls

4 Wraiths.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Looking much better, the wraiths though are not really a solid choice.
Thats because they die easy to magic and are low toughness so a magic weapon hero will rip them apart, they are also expensive with no saves and in 11 days they will no longer be usable as a rare choice.
So in my eyes drop them and take a Black Coach or at the very least make on a banshee.

RE Wraiths, was going to use them to protect the rear of the army, then use them to charge flanks later on in the game. Problem I have with the BC is it can suck up valuable PD & DD. Was actually thinkin of takin 2 units of Wolves to use up the flanks?

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
But they are slow moving unless you keep a vampire near them, better to have 2 wraiths and a banshee but your rear does not need protecting, just protect your flanks unless they can come on from any board edge.
The BC though where it drains both power dice will destroy tour foe in a charge and is hard to kill, fast and a real concern.
If you are worried about Power dice though take a Varghulf, very fast and against most things quite strong, just don't throw him into the front of a unit.
Also with the wolves you still need a near by vamp and they die fast, they are almost useless.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Wolves can only really ever run with a Varghulf, but with the rumoured changes they won't be able to march anyway, but will be completely outclassed in what they do by Vargheists anyway.

Wraiths can be effective against things like enemy cavalry without magic weapons. I don't know of any Chaos Dwarven cavalry. xD

had thought about takin my Varghulf, I like the model and like you say, deadly when attacking flanks. If I bring him up behind my GG could be a good combination.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Well a Varghulf will have a 16 inch march move so certainly worth considering.
GG smashing your face then a Varghulf flanking you for a nom attack will be painful.