• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2000pts Von C regular (just starting VC and Fantasy)

This is my first VC list and also to be my first army for WFB so any input you may have I will be thankful for. Much of this list is restricted by the models I'll be using for my starting block. I'm basing the around what I currently have laying around and the Skull Pass box with the addition of 1 box of skeletons and 1 of zombies. So with that ramble out of the way tell me what you think.

2000pts Von Carstein

Lord:
Count
-ring of the night
-Aura of Dark majesty
-Sword of might
-Black Periapt
-lvl 2 magic
=330pts

Heros:
Necro
-lvl 2
-Book Of Arkhan
-Dispel Scroll
=150pts

Necro
-lvl 2
-Staff of Damnation
-Barded nightmare
=152pts

Thrall
-GW
-Flayed Hauberk
-Wolf Form
=134pts

Core:
10 Zombies = 60pts
10 Zombies = 60pts
15 Zombies = 90pts
15 Zombies = 90pts
*Should these provide a good Necro Bunker?*
15 Skeletons
-LA
-FC
=175pts
15 Skeletons
-LA
-FC
=175pts
9 Dire wolves
-Doomwolf
=100pts
*The Doomwolf is there because I plan to run the wolf Thrall with this unit

Special:
3 Spirit Hosts =195pts

Rare:
Banshee
Black Coach

Total = 2001pts

Casting - 8(9) + 2 bound items
Dispel - 5 + 1 Scroll

Thanks in advance.

Varek Drauka

W0lf

Skeleton
new books comming out soon.

if this really is your first army i suggest collecting a smaller force made mostly of zombies.

Skellies are getting new models.
Dire wolves are getting new cheaper models.
Grave guard are getting nicer cheaper models.
Black knights dont even exist in the new book.
Vampires are ganna change alot...

so yer... might wanna wait a while.

yeah I've heard that we're getting a new book come March. However that's too long a wait for me, also this army will be a good starting point regardless of what they change with the new book. And as to the no more Black Knights:)|) change I find that kind of hard to believe, it may happen but i hope not. Besides I can find a way to use anything I make with a little effort. lol. thanks for the thoughts though. any more regarding my actual unit selections and what not?

Varek Drauka

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
It's a nice list, but I don't really see it having the killing power to get through most armies especially effectively. Perhaps combining two of the Zombie units will help with the fear factor, otherwise the multiple unit approach don't work so well with zombies. The dire Wolf unit might do well, but at the end of the day the Vampire only has 3 good attacks, supported by models very easily killed by anything... but at least he won't flee from panic!