• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2200 8th Screamer vs Demons

Leithel

Grave Guard
ok so I'm playing a demons player tomorrow and I wanted to try a screamer army. I have 5 screams a turn here with my Strigoi nearly as good as my terror gheist. Think it might be fun to play?

+++ 2200 Screamer (2200pts) +++

+ Lords (420pts) +

Strigoi Ghoul King (420pts) [Aura of Dark Majesty (25pts), Curse of the Revenant (55pts), Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 1]
Rules: Aura of Dark Majesty, Curse of the Revenant, Infinite Hatred, Poisoned Attacks, Regeneration (5+), The Hunger, Undead, Vampiric
····Magic Items (80pts) [AB - Skabscrath (75pts), BRB - Dragonbane Gem (5pts)]

+ Heroes (315pts) +

Necromancer (125pts) [Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 2 (35pts)]
Rules: Undead
····Magic Items (25pts) [BRB - Dispel Scroll (25pts)]

Tomb Banshee (

Tomb Banshee (95pts)

+ Core (570pts) +

Crypt Ghouls (360pts) [Champion (10pts), 35x Crypt Ghoul (350pts)]

Zombies (70pts) [Musician (5pts), Standard Bearer (5pts), 20x Zombie (60pts)]

Zombies (70pts) [Musician (5pts), Standard Bearer (5pts), 20x Zombie (60pts)]

Zombies (70pts) [Musician (5pts), Standard Bearer (5pts), 20x Zombie (60pts

+ Special (450pts) +

Black Knights (212pts) [Champion (10pts), Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)]
Rules: Killing Blow, Undead
····7x Black Knight (182pts) [7x Barding (21pts), 7x Lances (14pts)

Crypt Horrors (238pts) [Champion (10pts), 6x Crypt Horror (228pts)]

+ Rare (445pts) +

Mortis Engine (220pts) [Crew, Steeds]

Terrorgheist (225pts)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
When you're going for a scream choir style list, you'll want access to a Leadership debuff spell or two (Lore of Death/Heavens). I'd drop the Knights (they're not gunna be able to March away from the foot-slogging Strigoi anyway) for a Vampire Hero on Death and maybe with the Cursed Book. Also, be wary with those ghosts against Daemons. Ethereal isn't gonna rate against their magic attacks.

Looks like a fun list to play with and against. Finally something for VC to do in the Shooting Phase.

Leithel

Grave Guard
Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't end up changing anything and I got smashed. It didnt' help that the rolling gods were just not with me, but the screaming was sub par at best. Averaged 3-4 wounds per turn and just too many points sunk into screams. Still fun game, but not sure i'll take that strategy again.