• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2250 game vs WE

Well the other night I faced my first forest spirit army and was able to come out with a solid victory! Though I'm not very good at making reports I'll just give some of the highlights of the match.

The game started off pretty much with him moving his troops almost half way across the board, nothing major I moved up enough to bait him into charging me next turn, pulled off a few magic missiles and added a few zombies/skeletons to the board. I was able to hold my own against all those attacks on the charge... god they have a ton of attacks, lol. After absorbing the charges thats when i went on the offense! Black coach did a nasty flank charge and got 5 kills on impact hits alone :)! Then i also had my blood dragon on a winged nightmare, flanking on the other side of the board. He had cursed book, red fury, and sword of might,, not my normal kit but it worked well for my close combat phases. I wanted the -1 to combat for the fact of the nightmare being targeted in combat, and it payed off well, seeing how my count didn't have a ward save.

That treeman hits pretty hard, but he got tied up, my knights got isolated with some treekin and hawks then sadly bit the dust before help could arive, but that was my fault sending them off on their own, (wolves got blasted and didn't help out the knights as expected too.) But in the end it was ok, cuz it tied up two of his units that could have really changed the game for his favor.

The game lasted till the 6th turn, and wasn't a complete shut out, which is good because I'd rather have a good game like that then a massacre by turn 3 or 4. Basic highlights:
-my coach in the end of the game had 14 wounds (charged two times with some sweet rolls! Total of 9 kills on the impact hits, each time it charged it was all i needed to win the combat phase. Thank you dice gods!!)
-the vampire count's cursed book and sword helped make short work of enemy units.
-was able to raise some zombies for rear charges!
-lost my knights sadly.
-learned that treemen hit hard lol.

Sorry I'm not very fluffy or very good at recalling everything but all in all it was a good night for the vampires.

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
A better result than mine (see Borlin the Black, Game 5), where I managed a draw (1999 points, and the army is fixed to take on all comers in the league).

Woodland host are not a great opponent for the VC, and it was a good result for you.

I love sneaking the cursed book out there every now and then, in some bigger games where i can waste some points, I'll put a Count on a dragon(cloud of flies -1) and a cursed book (-1) and send him off to cause trouble... sometimes it causes my opponent to get a little ticked when their to hits are absolute garbage in CC but neither they or i can ever find a rule saying that it can't be combined (and i let them look till they are red in the face lol), so I laugh and rack up the points :)

just wait till you see their face when you are saying ok add 2 to all those rolls to hit - its priceless :mrgreen:

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
A great combination, and I can see no reason why not legal. To really make it infuriating, add the Cursed Shield (he gets 1 less attack) and the Sword of Battle (+1 for you) and it will give most Lords something to think about.

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Oh, tree men are nasty rotten buggers. Damm T6 against poor old zombies with S3, not even able to get a lucky wound on him.
Cursed book on a vamp? Indeed, I never thought of this either
Good man Patsy! (its an irish expression, means nice job, and in general only proper country bumpkins use it)

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy said:
Oh, tree men are nasty rotten buggers. Damm T6 against poor old zombies with S3, not even able to get a lucky wound on him.
Cursed book on a vamp? Indeed, I never thought of this either
Good man Patsy! (its an irish expression, means nice job, and in general only proper country bumpkins use it)
Strength 3 wounds T6 on a roll of 6. The problem that I found was it's AS 3+ and WS 5+ that followed it :mad:.