• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Guillius

Ghoul
Nov 29, 2007
2250 Lahmian VC List

Vamp Lady Maraia
Lvl3 Upgrade
Nightmare/Barding
Sword of Might
Black Periapt
Beguile
Innocence Lost
Quickblood

Wight Lord Morkov
Nightmare/Barding
Lance
Cursed Book

Necromancer Seth
Lvl2 Upgrade
Dispell Scroll
Book of Arkhan

7 Black Knights
FC
Banner of Barrows

23 Skeletons
FC
Light Armor/Shields
Spears

24 Zombies
FC

5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

6 Fell Bats
6 Fell Bats

3 Spirit Host

2 Banshees

Power Dice: 7
Dispel Dice: 4 + spell scroll

Total pts: 2247

The main idea is to put the lady with the skeletons, necromancer with the zombies, and wight lord with the black knights. The skeleton unit with the lady will be centered as to take advantage of flanks opened by redicrectsfrom dire wolves working in conjuction with bats (which may end up doing warmachine harrass). I will probably use the spirits to hold a unit up if I need an extra turn to get one of my hitty units in for a flank (black knights or skeletonswith lady).

Now, I'd like some comments for a lot of reasons. First, I am new to VC (never played even one game). Ok ok, in my head and with dice I have 'pretended'. However, my opponent is a high elf and we're used to fighting eachother with my green skins (I've had 3 draws and one win). I feel like maybe I've tailored my army a tiny bit due to ASF for high elves so I'd like to know if this could be seen as an all comers list as well.

P.S. I am fairly new to Warhammer also (been playing about 7 months) so seriously any recommendations would be great!

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Personally, I've never had banshees work that well for me. For 90 pts, they can work exceptionally well, or they can just bomb. However, I haven't used them in conjunction with a lahmian so they could be ok. I up their value if I include a BSB in my army so they're less prone to crumble (they can hold up dragon ogres forever if a BSB is nearby).

The Wight Lord with the cursed book will be tricky to play; you want that cursed book always close to where your infantry is fighting, and it only has a 6" range.

So if it were me, I'd only have a single banshee, unless this is a custom list for playing heavily armoured units (Chaos, Bretonnia) and I'd change the equipment on the wightlord (maybe make him a BSB with warbanner or something; that should give enough CR to make units run on the charge as long as you outnumber them). Depends on your playing style. Also depends what your tactics are.... the list seems disjointed to me, not one particular concept for it.

My advice is, if you have already bought the models, experiment a lot. No matter if you win or lose. Then after a bunch of games, come back and get an army list that fits your style.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Yes, perhaps make the Wight Lord a BSB (Like I do), that way you're even less likely to send him away from the main front of fighting as I sometimes have done (to my deteriment). Two Banshees is also a big risk, as if you face an army like Forest Spirits, Daemons or Tomb Kings you're basically starting 200 points down (400 points including the spirit Hosts if everything has magical attacks).

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Yes; at least with direwolves they have enough unit strength to claim table quarters. A banshee is just useless against those armies, and worth two packs of direwolves to boot.

Guillius

Ghoul
Nov 29, 2007
Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I was not to keen on the BSB idea at first (being just 1 more wound saved) however didn't think deeper enough to realize that it could potentially save 1 for BSB "effect" 1 for the BSB banner in the unit is in +1 if it was enchanted as the war banner. A total of three wounds saved sounds like a big deal to me.

The banshees. I've ran a game since the posting of this yesterday and had great luck with them against HE. Silverhelms, Dragonprinces and the likes went down easily with two howls. However, this being a work in progress to a Lahmian all comers list I will remove the second banshee as it seems they could get punked against other armies and having two is a liability. I'm going to move stuff around and repost the list soon.

Again, everyone thank you for the advice is really appreciated.

Dreadlegions

Ghoul
Dec 7, 2007
Well, on one hand two Banshees could be a liability - but on the other, it could be security; securing those enemy deaths that you pay your points for.

There is little in the way of armour cutting ability in the Vampire Counts army, and if you had success with two, go for it!

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
The BSB is not just 1 wound saved, its +1CR which is more critical for VC than most other armies. If you can beat a LD 10 unit by a single CR, and you outnumber, they'll flee.

Von Car thrall with the +1CR bloodline power, BSB and warbanner can be a nasty surprise and can autobreak a lot of units.

VC do not have much armour cutting ability except for GG with halberds, Black Knights on the charge, and Characters. But they don't really need that, they just need to win a single round of combat with CR.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu