• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

mIKErs 1085

Zombie
Jan 11, 2008
Illinois
Hello everyone.
Although I've been playing the VC for a few years now, this will be my first list with the new rules. That being said, what do you think about this list.

- Vampire Lord 450
+2 Power Dice
LV4 Wizard
Avatar of Death (Shield) 4+ Save
Helm of Commandment
Skull Staff

- Vampire 190 (Leads skeleton unit)
Infinite Hatred
Walking Death
Flayed Hauberk
Sword of Striking

- Necromancer & Cart 185
2 Spells
Black Periapt
Load Stone

- Wight King Army Battle Standard 225
(Leads Grave Guard)
The Drakenhof Banner

- 24 Skeletons 237
Full Command
War Banner
(+3 Combat Res. (with vamp) Not counting ranks)

- 23 Zombies 104
Full Command
Anvil for G.Guard or a tarpit for rares.

- 10 Ghouls 80
Flankers for Skeletons

- 2x5 Wolves 80
Flankers for Varg. Coach

- 19 Grave Guard 322
Full Command
Great Weapons
Banner of Barrows

- Black Coach 200

- Varghulf 175

On my lord I thought about taking Lord of the Dead, I'm sure I could keep him out of harms way so maybe I could swap armor for skeletons. I don't know, what do you think? The helm seems like it can be really awesome I'm pretty excited about using it, the thought of having G.G. w/ their banner hitting some/most troops on a 2+ or even my beloved zombies with WS7 is just too cool to pass up. I know my ghouls are a little low, but I'll be using them much like an empire player would use a detatchment for my skeletons. The Varghulf seems like he would be a real beast in combat, so he and the coach will be going off to cuase trouble with the wolves along side to help negate flanks. I took left over points and added a few zombies to the unit to get a little head start on the raising. I might have the Corpse Cart between the G.G. and Skeletons in hopes of gett ASF on them, but I might have it by Zombies to help add more, we'll see.
Deployment.jpg

Well there it is, like I said this will be my first time playing with new rules any help or changes are more then welcome. I should also add that I will have a random army going up against me. I'm not too worried about shooting since I can heal all units now, and I'm one of the very few magic users in our battle group, so no big worries on heavy magic armies coming up against me.

Reincus

Necromancer
Mar 13, 2008
Seems okay, but I'm not big fan of my general running around outside of a unit. Too easy to get sniped and fliers/fast cav/whole table magic can really ruin your day. No look out sir, and nothing to discourage would be chargers from behind like miners and raiders tomb scorps, ect. I guess it depends on your opponant and you could use the ghoul unit as a bunker if you needed to. Or drop the zombies and get another ghoul unit instead.

Also, I wouldn't advise using the zombies as an anvil for the GG. Maybe if you use the helm on the zombies, but if for some reason you don't break the unit and get yourself flanked, zombies just provide free combat res. Even with a GG in the flank, if the unit has a tooled up character he still might not lose because of casualties he can inflict. In any case, you could raise 20 zombies in 2-3 spells without too much issue, don't bother spending the points on them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu