• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2400 for first battle in 8th Ed.

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
I'm going to be using this army this evening, I'll let you know how I get on.

Vampire Counts 2400pts, 16/09/2010

Vampire Lord
+1 Magic Level; Master of the Black Arts; Dark Acolyte; Lord of the Dead; Sword of Swift Slaying; Armour of Destiny; Trickster's Shard

Vampire
Infinite Hatred; Walking Death; Fencer's Blades; Cadaverous Cuirass

Necromancer
Invocation of Nehek; Vanhel's Danse Macabre; Channelling Staff; Talisman of Endurance

Wight King
Great Weapon; Helm of Discord; Other Trickster's Shard

Wight King
Barded Skeletal Steed; Sword of Kings

24 Skeletons
Spears; Command; War Banner

24 Skeletons Command

15 Ghouls
Ghast

19 Grave Guard
Great Weapons; Command; Screaming Banner

5 Black Knights
Barding; Musician; Standard Bearer; Royal Standard of Strigos

5 Fell Bats

2 Wraiths + Banshee

Total: 2397 Points

Forge

Crypt Horror
tricksters shard on your lord is no good, more wraiths or none, drop the fell bats they SUCK, more BK's or none imo same with the GG. you can start your core out lower if your going the raise army route, and raise your special and rare choices numbers more GG to be specific. if your going to do it tho i think you should take mannfred, or at least drop dark acolyte and take forbidden lore vamps.

srry to say but this list kinda sucks.
to small GG (i prefer massive 25+ unit) black knights to small wraiths is 5+ tomb banshee isnt a must (why banshee with str 2!!!!!)
and why 2 wight kings???????
AND WHY FELL BATS!!!!!!!!!
isnt fencer's blades and the Cuirass above 50 points????????

Fell bats aren't all bad, but a single unit of 5 is tough to use. Multiple smaller units are actually fairly good as redirectors and war machine hunters. Don't know if they're worth the points per se, but I'm fooling around with them and I certainly don't think they're as bad as say...bat swarms. I'd even say they're a better use of points than spirit hosts.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
I would also suggest making your fell bats 2x3 instead. They're not what they used to be.

I'd increase the GG to 24-25(6x4 or 5x5). A bigger unit would work better with your Wraith + Banshee unit as you have give a solid beat down with their great weapon and then sing a deathly tune. To make room for some points I'd strip the GW wielding WK of yours of magic items(or atleast keep down the cost).
Your vampire hero does seem to have an odd setup, more befitting a lord(immunity to KB is sort of meh-ish on a 2W creature). I'd probably aim to tank it up or alternatively make him a support vampire with the helm. Our vampires really needs the extra protection with the overall increase of attacks.

I am partial to small units of Wraith units myself(and with the helm they can be suprisingly painful).

Cheers, D.