• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

HugoMac

Ghoul
May 2, 2012
Here´s the list i will use in an upcoming 8th edition ETC tournament:

- General, VLord, GW, HA, Nightshroud, ToP, ToT´S, Quickblood, Red fury
- Mannfred
- Scroll caddy necro

- 3x5 wolves
- 2x30 zombies, musician & standard
- 47 skeleteons, FCG, Lichebone Pendant

- 8 Horrors, Champ
- Spirit Host

- 2 archais
- Tbat

I like the idea of having Manny and all his -raw- power, but NOT being the general (so if he explodes i don´t suffer crumble). I know, of course, he is the most important tool in the army, but that´s it: he is a TOOL, not the centre pillar. I prefer that way.

Also he is well protected with the blender, who will probably kill anything threatening enough to mannfred. And after all, he is a vampire lord with 5 wounds, it´s not like any fast character hunter unit can kill him easy, like the typical mage.

My doubt is taking the scroll of shielding instead the other trickster´s shard with the general. That with the MR1 in the main unit can save mannfred of deathsnipers in a turn; but he could have difficuties pushing wounds through ward saves...

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I ran an almost identical list in a big tourny in Denmark... Manny REALLY underperformed. With only 4 dice per casting Death is not nearly as good and he is really expensive. I would suggest you bring a level 4 MN instead.

HugoMac

Ghoul
May 2, 2012
Thanks for your advice, Sun King!

It´s true that with 4 dice death is very limited, but manny brings almost every turn a solid magic phase, and he also knows EVERY vamps spell. I´m gonna give him a try, and if he doesn´t make it good, always can get back to master necro ;)

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
I've seen him used a lot over the past year along with a vamp bsb for a scroll. Horrors and death were the two main weapons I believe. Lists might have used dual banshees too but my memory is very fuzzy since I haven't played ETC in some time.
Give him a whirl!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu