• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2500 pt competitive

Vampire Lord
+1 magic level, Dark Acolyte, Master of the Black Arts, Summon Ghouls
Helm of Command, Crown of the Damned, Flayed Hauberk

Vampire
Forbidden Lore (Light)
Charmed Shield, Power Scroll

Wight King
Battle Standard Bearer (Drakenhoff Banner)

Ghoul x30

Ghoul x30

Ghoul x20

Dire Wolf x10
Doomwolf

Grave Guard x30
Great Weapons
Seneschal, Standard Bearer (Banner of the Barrows)

Black Coach

Blood Knight x5
Standard Bearer (Hellfire Banner)

Lord runs in the bunker.. support vamp goes with 1 of the horde ghoul units, BSB in with the grave guard, wolves for war machine hunting

Any thoughts / Suggestions.. this would be my first list using blood knights.. was up in the air with running them or wraiths, or even dropping the wolves and running 2 vharghulfs but then that would leave me vulnerable with nothing to hunt warmachines at all

datalink7

Black Knight
List looks good enough to run and start tweaking from play experience.

I would split the wolves into two groups. Then you can charge two different war machines.

I'd also drop the Doomwolf. Try to fit a musician in the Blood Knights. Maybe drop the ghoul bunker and get a 15 skeleton bunker instead with banner, in case you run into the banner scenario (Blood and Glory?). Otherwise try it out and see how it runs.

Forge

Crypt Horror
I think the Blood knights are to susceptible to magic and shooting, id drop the blood knights and take 10 Black knights if your going to run cavalry without barding if you cant find the points for it.

Mikael.K

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I dont find the wolves to be a competative unit choice. Both varghulf and fell bats are better at warmachine hunting.

If your going to run the Blood Knights I'd really consider giving them the Blood Keep Banner.

Also, I wouldn't run your lord in the Gravegaurd Bunker especially if he has the helm. You want that unit in combat ASAP. Plus sticking him in that unit has a big target for dwellers / 13th / Purple Sun written all over it.

If you are going to stick him in that unit, kit him out for combat. I wouldn' move him in there except as a last resort.

what are thoughts with everyone running their Vampires in groups of units (ghouls) with out a champion?

I found I was in big trouble with my Lord/General in a few games where i didn't think I had the points, didnt bring a Ghast and wound up getting my general killed via challenges.

I would bring a champ, just in case...

and I really really like BlackKnights... they are fairly cheap and fun.

Mikael.K

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I always bring a ghast in my ghoul units, especially when characters are tagging along. The are so useful as they are re-raisable.