• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2500 tournament legions list

Vampire Lord: Ogre Blade; Talisman of Preservation; Red Fury; Quickblood; Lore of Shadow; shield; heavy armour; Hellsteed Lore of Death(/shadow?) 424
Master Necromancer: Level 4 Wizard Lore of Vampires 200

Liche Priest: Dispel Scroll Lore of Light 95

38 Skeleton Warriors (TK): Master of Arms; standard bearer 172
39 Skeleton Warriors (TK): Master of Arms; standard bearer 176
5 Dire Wolves 40
5 Dire Wolves 40

15 Skeleton Archers: Master of Arrows; musician 110
9 Skeleton Horsemen: light armour 104

Khemrian Warsphinx: Fiery Roar 230
5 Necropolis Knights: Necropolis Captain; musician; standard bearer 355
4 Vargheists: Vargoyle 194

Terrorgheist 225
Casket of Souls 135

2,500 points

Horsemen exist to bunker the vampire lord against cannons. Otherwise he pops around to wherever he is needed to supply his march bubble, and dynamically making my units more threatening. He can also charge out solo against things with low SCR (like MC, monsters, war machines), which I've found to be situationally very useful.

The snakes replace my unit of grave guard in my tournament VC list. I lose out in anti-armour, but free up points for a casket so sort of covers that. I can also put the VL in here (if no cannons). To correct that too.

What I like about this list is how fast everything is. Save the skeletons, who have access plenty of spells to speed them up now.

Edits: Shaved some points in core to get another unit of dogs.

Also updated the lores on my casters. Death is the obvious choice for the VL at LD10, but I'm thinking Shadow might be more fun. I'd previously though Nehekhara on the priest for Desert Winds, but I'm thinking that Light would add a bit more utility with Shem's, giving me another magic missile against elves.

Last edited:
It is. The only change is that TK now get access to it. You still lose the march bubble if your general dies, but you don't crumble. Which really just makes something that I already do (charge my general out around on his own), and makes it a lot safer.

HERO

Wight King
I would take more Dire Wolves for more drops and only 1 big unit of Skeletons.

Personally, I think the Archers have more utility than the Skeleton Warriors just because they shoot and always hits on 5s.

I would take more Dire Wolves for more drops and only 1 big unit of Skeletons.

Personally, I think the Archers have more utility than the Skeleton Warriors just because they shoot and always hits on 5s.
Yeah I'd prefer to have more wolves, but there's nothing I really feel that I can cut for them. The horsemen are necessary to give my vampire lord somewhere to hide, and the two skeleton units are my anvils. Don't have points to turn them into archers (which makes them poor anvils too, since they lose the 6+6++). Archers also don't do as much as you think they will. Unless you've got the soulblight+desiccation combo they can't do much beyond clear chaff.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
It's interesting and I would enjoy playing against it. Nice list you've got there.
The only thing I'd consider changing would be dropping the archers for more wolves.

HERO

Wight King
It's interesting and I would enjoy playing against it. Nice list you've got there.
The only thing I'd consider changing would be dropping the archers for more wolves.
Agreed. Cut archers for wolves. One unit of shooting is not going to yield much results.

Archers are the bunker for my two casters. One unit of archers is also generally enough to put some pressure on stuff like wood elves, fast cav gunning for my back lines, or small T3 units trying to chaff me up. Also pinging that last wound off of monsters and stuff like that.

I was able to fit in another unit of dogs by squeezing points out elsewhere though. Dropped one unit of skittles to 38, one horseman for 8 total, and musicians off both skittle bricks. Add a unit of dogs and I'm at 2,500 on the nose. Updated the list above accordingly.