• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2500pt competitive

This is my 2500 point list, I also play at 2000 or 3000. Mostly just add or subtract for those various size games. But here goes:

Vampire Lord 420
General Magic Level 4 Necromancy
Dark Acolyte
Forbidden Lore
Talisman of Preservation
Helm of Commandment
Flayed Hauberk

Vampire 270
Battle Standard Bearer
Magic Level 1 Necromancy
The Drakenhof Banner

Vampire 175
Magic Level 1; Lore of Light
Forbidden Lore
Dispel Scroll
Golden Sigil Sword

40 Crypt Ghouls 328
ghast

40 Crypt Ghouls 328
ghast

40 Grave Guard 595
FC
Great Weapon
Banner of the Barrows

20 Skeleton Warriors FC
Corpse Cart 100
Balefire
Corpse Cart 100
Balefire

Total Army Cost: 2496.0

Bsb with the GG (obviously), vamp lord and 2nd vamp in skelie bunker. Ghouls and gg in horde formation. I normally use the ghouls to attack first and GG to flank and sweep or hit nasty units like chosen. Normally use a black coach but trying out the corpse carts. The hope is give everything ASF and then use lore of light for ini boost. Making GG go at ini level making them equvilent of swordmasters.
Most of my opponents are skaven, chaos, empire and ogres. Beasts and vc on occasion. Wins loss so far are 4/6. Plan to play competitive this coming year.

I'd consider dropping forgotton Lore on the Lord to take ghoulkin or walking death instead. With level 4 chances are good you are going to roll a duplicate and be able to pick a spell anyways, and the extra movement means you can be in range to charge in Turn 1 (Turn 2 if you start). Against missile heavy troops that can be a big advantage. Personally I take both ghoulkin and walking death and drop a ghoul off each unit.

piratemonkey124 said:
This is my 2500 point list, I also play at 2000 or 3000. Mostly just add or subtract for those various size games. But here goes:

Vampire Lord 420
General Magic Level 4 Necromancy
Dark Acolyte
Forbidden Lore
Talisman of Preservation
Helm of Commandment
Flayed Hauberk

Vampire 270
Battle Standard Bearer
Magic Level 1 Necromancy
The Drakenhof Banner

Vampire 175
Magic Level 1; Lore of Light
Forbidden Lore
Dispel Scroll
Golden Sigil Sword

40 Crypt Ghouls 328
ghast

40 Crypt Ghouls 328
ghast

40 Grave Guard 595
FC
Great Weapon
Banner of the Barrows

20 Skeleton Warriors FC
Corpse Cart 100
Balefire
Corpse Cart 100
Balefire

Total Army Cost: 2496.0

Bsb with the GG (obviously), vamp lord and 2nd vamp in skelie bunker. Ghouls and gg in horde formation. I normally use the ghouls to attack first and GG to flank and sweep or hit nasty units like chosen. Normally use a black coach but trying out the corpse carts. The hope is give everything ASF and then use lore of light for ini boost. Making GG go at ini level making them equvilent of swordmasters.
Most of my opponents are skaven, chaos, empire and ogres. Beasts and vc on occasion. Wins loss so far are 4/6. Plan to play competitive this coming year.

The ghoulkin would be more useful. My lord normally doesn't see much combat. When I do 3000 points I add a fighty lord where that might be more useful. I played a game last week where ghoulkin would have helped against my opponents strategic deployment. Kinda funny, there isn't much a chaos player fears. But to see them setup completely according to my gg unit is funny.