• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
I have been on a list writing tear lately and have made a bunch of themed and goofy lists. Last night I came up with this 2800 point UL all cav Bret style list. After looking at it a bit I think it might actually be pretty good. What do you all think?

Lords
Vamp Lord - QB, RF, Beguile, HA, S, Barded Nightmare, OB, TOP, OTS Lvl 4 Vamps - 553

Heroes
Wight King - GW, Nightshroud, Skeletal Steed - 142

Baby Vamp - QB, Lance, Barded Nightmare, HA, S, 5+ Ward, Lvl 2 Vamps - 230

Core - 704

10 TK Skeleton Horseman, FCG, Light Armor - 170
8 Tk Horse Archers, Champ and Banner - 132
6 Tk Horse Archers, Champ and Banner - 104
5 Tk Horse Archers, Champ and Banner - 90

Special 517

12 Black Knights, FCG, Banner of Swiftness, Barding and Lances - 357
5 Hexwraiths, Champ - 160

Rare - 645
8 Blood Knights, FCG, Flag of Blood Keep - 510
Casket - 135

Total - 2791

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
I have been on a list writing tear lately and have made a bunch of themed and goofy lists. Last night I came up with this 2800 point UL all cav Bret style list. After looking at it a bit I think it might actually be pretty good. What do you all think?

Lords
Vamp Lord - QB, RF, Beguile, HA, S, Barded Nightmare, OB, TOP, OTS Lvl 4 Vamps - 553

Heroes
Wight King - GW, Nightshroud, Skeletal Steed - 142

Baby Vamp - QB, Lance, Barded Nightmare, HA, S, 5+ Ward, Lvl 2 Vamps - 230

Core - 704

10 TK Skeleton Horseman, FCG, Light Armor - 170
8 Tk Horse Archers, Champ and Banner - 132
5 Tk Horse Archers, Champ and Banner - 90

Special 517

12 Black Knights, FCG, Banner of Swiftness, Barding and Lances - 357
5 Hexwraiths, Champ - 160

Rare - 645
8 Blood Knights, FCG, Flag of Blood Keep - 510
Casket - 135

Total - 2791
What unit(s) are you running the VL and WK in?

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
Baby Vamp Goes with the Blood Knights.
VL and WK go with the Black Knights. Or in a pinch with the TK Horseman depending on deployment.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Baby Vamp Goes with the Blood Knights.
VL and WK go with the Black Knights. Or in a pinch with the TK Horseman depending on deployment.
In that case, I would drop one Black Knight and take Banner of the Barrows instead. One BK is 26 points +9 points remaining + 15 points from banner of swiftness = 50 points for Banner of Barrows. This will also help your WK and if you need to run them 3 wide, it will give you more even ranks.

Also, in general, trading 1 wound and "1 attack" for +1 to hit for the rest of the unit would be worth it.

Last edited:

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
Thanks I will retool when I get home. Question though don't I need to be 5 wide for rank bonus?

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Thanks I will retool when I get home. Question though don't I need to be 5 wide for rank bonus?
You need to be five wide for CR, but not to break steadfast. Also it reduces what your opponent can deal back in damage to the BK and helps CR that way.

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
Hey alabaster, I was looking today for that rule on 3 wide to break steadfast. Everything I have read so sar seems to say ranks to count for steadfast on Cav needs to be 5 wide. Thanks!

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Hey alabaster, I was looking today for that rule on 3 wide to break steadfast. Everything I have read so sar seems to say ranks to count for steadfast on Cav needs to be 5 wide. Thanks!
I will look into it tonight.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
So yes, the cav bus does need to be 5 wide to break steadfast. On page 60, I think, it says you just need more ranks, but on page 42 (I think) it says they need to be 5 wide. Brettonians, though, count as having a full rank if only 3 wide.

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
Thanks! 3 wide would fit with the undead Brets theme. Would just have to generate CR the old fashioned way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu