• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

2k 8th edition, screaming horrors

Hi guys,

I've made a list and was wondering what you might think of it. It's an 8th edition list as, so far, we have not started aos yet.

The idea is relatively simple. The strigoi joins the ghouls and so does the bsb. They walk (horde formation) side by side with the horrors (4x2). Behind them is the mortis and the zombies with Manfred. The terrorgheist flies around does it's thing. One of its possible targets is war machines. The small skeleton unit will be placed in front, to catch possible charges.

Tell me what ya think!

++ Standard (Vampire Counts - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.1.) [2000pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

Strigoi Ghoul King [385pts]: Lore of the Vampires, Red Fury, Wizard Level 1
. Magic Items: AB - Skabscrath

+ Heroes +

Mannfred the Acolyte [200pts]: AB - Sword of Unholy Power, Dark Acolyte, Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 2

Wight King [156pts]: Additional Hand Weapon, Shield
. Battle Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Eternal Flame
. Magic Items: BRB - Gambler's Armour, BRB - Seed of Rebirth

+ Core +

Crypt Ghouls [400pts]: 40x Crypt Ghoul

Skeleton Warriors [50pts]: 10x Skeleton Warrior

Zombies [60pts]: 20x Zombie

+ Special +

Crypt Horrors [304pts]: 8x Crypt Horror

+ Rare +

Mortis Engine [220pts]

Terrorgheist [225pts]

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Quinten

Grave Guard
Dogs would probably work better than skellies in this situation. Not sure what the wight king is doing as an undead BSB isn't all too important, maybe trade him out for a lore of vampires necro. Doesn't look too bad other than that.

If you don't want to play Sigmar you could try out ninth age. I've been having lots of fun with it:
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?simple-page/