• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

cdance93

Zombie
Jan 13, 2022
Hi everyone, this will also be my intro thread in a way but its great to finally post and e-meet you all. I think this is a great forum and has been incredibly helpful!

I am writing to see if I can get some help refining this list or maybe some pointers on some potential downfalls so I can keep an eye out. Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

Core Battalions: Warlord * / Hunters of the Heartland **

• * Mannfred Von Carstein - Decrepify (This guys is a buff monster, i just gotta have him with my foot soldier heavy build)
  • * Belladamma Volga - Spirit Gale
  • * Radukar The Beast
  • * Vampire Lord - Amethystine Pinions / Arcane Tome (to take advantage of Vyrkos trait) (Will be the zombies babysitter)
  • * Wight King on Sekeltal Steed - TBD Artefact (Only included to make GG battle line and be an additional babysitter)

• * 3x Fell Bats - Included purely as a tech choice for objectives and battle tactics, no intention of using them in combat unless screen is necessary
  • * 1x Corpse Cart w/ Balefire - another tech choice to make zombies slightly more of a tarpit with reduced to wound and counter caster heavy armies

• ** 20x Grave Guard - the heavy hitters, these are a must have and plan on buffing them through Mannfred + Radukar and sometimes Wight King
  • ** 40x Zombies - my favorite, love a good tarpit
  • ** 20x Skeletons - also a fan, can provide quite durable with all the different rez options.

Reactions: The Sun King

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Welcome welcome! Nice to have you onboard!

Really solid list! Do you know what armies you will face?

My only tweaks would be:
- move the Arcane Tome to the Wight King, that way you get a mobile caster that can do quite a lot of mortal wounds with the combination of his charge ability and Arcane Bolt. Also gives him the option of buffing nearby units with mystic shield.
- you haven't chosen a Command Trait for your general. I would choose Kin of the Wolf, as it gives you another screening unit (for free!) that is fast and can grab of objectives.
- instead of choosing an extra artefact with your Warlord Battalion I would recommend choosing Spell thus giving all your casters (of which you have plenty) access to one more spell each.

Cheers,
Sunny

cdance93

Zombie
Jan 13, 2022
Thanks for the feedback Sunny! A mixed bag, DoT/Ogors/Maggotkin/Cities/Slaves.

Do you think its better to have it on him instead of have any extra cast on someone who can re-roll the cast?

Sorry about no command trait, was going to go with Pack Alpha because that extra CP seems too good to pass up.

Love the idea to know an additional spell.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
You're welcome. Well with that list off opponents then Spirit Gale seems fine.

I definitely think it adds more value to your army to get another caster - diversify and get more tools at your disposal.

Regarding Pack Alpha versus Kin of the Wolf - both are five stars in my book so either is a good choice. Personally I lean towards Kin of the Wolf as I just love extra value.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I know what you mean Unas, but to be fair then I think that Belladamma and Radukar are probably both better choices than the VLoZD :O :P

cdance93

Zombie
Jan 13, 2022
I know what you mean Unas, but to be fair then I think that Belladamma and Radukar are probably both better choices than the VLoZD :O :P
Totally agree.. Radukar is just an ANIMAL literally. Ha. Ha.

in all seriousness the fact that this command ability is not only 18” but affects every unit in the army and himself.. plus he summons 10 dire wolves??

Reactions: The Sun King

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Totally agree.. Radukar is just an ANIMAL literally. Ha. Ha.

in all seriousness the fact that this command ability is not only 18” but affects every unit in the army and himself.. plus he summons 10 dire wolves??
Indeed! I don't know if you looked at my handbook (you can check it here) but I've written the following about him:

Radukar the Beast packs a punch - on average he dishes out 8.32 wounds against enemies with a save of 4+. Being the beast that he is he cannot use magic but instead has a once per game command ability where he summons a unit of 10 Dire Wolves - which is no small thing as it is basically a 135 points discount of Radukar. The summoned Dire Wolves also synergize with his other command ability that triggers on his charge and buffs nearby friendly units. He doesn’t have the best saves but with 12 wounds and -1 to hit him in close combat he can tank a lot and The Hunger and Heroic Recovery will help him heal up. Even though he has 12 wounds he doesn't bracket which combined with his healing capabilities means that your opponent has to kill him completely to avoid trouble. All in all he is a really cheap deal that has good mobility, great command abilities and is a menace in melee.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
Oh yes, absolutely. Radukar the beast is an absurdly good model, i was not disputing that, or the list.

Thinking on it, it's more a limitation that i have. I like to play very different kind of lists, but i start always with the same "must have".
No matter what, my seraphon lists will have a Slann.
No matter what, my soublight lists will have a VLoZD.

cdance93

Zombie
Jan 13, 2022
Oh yes, absolutely. Radukar the beast is an absurdly good model, i was not disputing that, or the list.

Thinking on it, it's more a limitation that i have. I like to play very different kind of lists, but i start always with the same "must have".
I respect that, everyone’s got a gotta have model 😀

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen

Yeah, I feel you bruv - I am exactly like that. That was one of the reasons that I embarked on "Sunny's Challenge" back in the day - because I wanted to force myself out of my "cookie cutter lists". You learn so much playing with different units.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu