• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Archon

Zombie
Mar 21, 2008
Alberta
Ok... heres another list ive cooked up...

Vampire Lord (1) - 705
+1 Magic Level
Powers:
Red Fury
Lord Of dead
Equipment:
Dreadlance
Wristbands of black gold
Mount:
Zombie Dragon

Vampire (1) - 195
Powers:
Dark Acolyte
Lord of Dead
Equipment:
Flayed Hauberk
Dispell Scroll

Wight King (1) - 120
Skeletal Steed with barding
Sword of Kings

Zombie Horde (20) -xxx

Skeleton Warriors (10) - 135
Full Command
Spears

Skeleton Warriors (10) - 135
Full Command
Spears

Grave Guard (20) - 305
Full Command
Royal Standard of Strigos

Black Knights (9) - 321
Barding
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Barrows

Total- 1996...

The Vampires are meant to be a balance between magic and combat.. The lord is meant to smash into the enemy and kill stuff... While the other one will guide and raise the skeletons up... The black knights and wight king will engage enemy heavy hitters.

Netherian Shrina

Skeleton
Dec 24, 2007
Brisbane
I can see what you've tried to do here, and I it is a bold thing to do, to try and get a Zombie Dragon into 2000pts. I just reacon the 10 skeletons are a little squishy. It would probably be better though imo if you replaced the skeletons with zombies. Would give you more models, less squishy units, the vampires can spend those Lord of the Dead points on something else, and the zombies can work as a great wall. Keep the enemy occupied and get the ZD to smash the side, or some other weaker unit.

Unit of 9 Black Knights? Probably would be better if you actually split them up into 5 and 5. Wight King could be better spent, either make him more worth the points (a BSB might be better) or just get rid of him and buy more Black Knights and zombies.

Don't take my word as gospel, not exactly an expert on VC like some others on this forum are, but, that's just my two cents.

Archon

Zombie
Mar 21, 2008
Alberta
Caerdrath said:
Your army list containts as many unlogical things as your signature I'm afraid =)

Um yeah... Think about it a bit more o_o If you want to discuss my sig ill make a thread elsewhere... But think about it... All things that have a beggining have something that caused it to begin... You dont get stuff appearing out of nowhere withought a reason...

List V2

Vampire Lord (1) - 690
+1 Magic Level
Powers:
Red Fury
Equipment:
Dreadlance
Wristbands of black gold
Mount:
Zombie Dragon

Vampire (1) - 195
Powers:
Dark Acolyte
Lord of Dead
Equipment:
Flayed Hauberk
Dispell Scroll

Wight King (1) - 120
Skeletal Steed with barding
Sword of Kings

Zombie Horde (20) -xxx

Skeleton Warriors (20) - 205
Full Command

Zombie Horde (20)-xxx

Grave Guard (20) - 305
Full Command

Black Knights (9) - 321
Barding
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Barrows

Total- 1996...

I got rid of the Lord of dead on the vampire lord and meged the skeleton units into one. The spears have also been taken off after reading the spear vs hand weapon thread. The black knights will be in a unit with the Wight king so they will be 10 models. Lastly I added a zombie unit. NOw im wondering what should I do with the wight king? Im considering replacing him with another vampire... but im not sure.

dictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 22, 2008
fitting another vamp into the list will mean being able to generate extra pd and dd. Just one more can make a great difference.

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
While I like a zombie dragon, it seems to be a relatively slow list with few units. The only infantry unit which can be really expected to take any punishment is the grave guard, and since the list is magic poor, there is no guarentee that the zombies or skeletons will survive well even against an opposing unit of mediocre infantry. In my opinion not the best combination.

Caerdrath

Grave Guard
Feb 24, 2008
Utrecht
Um yeah... Think about it a bit more If you want to discuss my sig ill make a thread elsewhere... But think about it... All things that have a beggining have something that caused it to begin... You dont get stuff appearing out of nowhere withought a reason…

I agree with you on the fact that everything that has a beginning has been caused. A reaction upon a reaction. All along in a big chain of reactions, for there can not have been a first action (where would that have come from !). Therefor there can be no beginning and no end. And thus, there is eternity!

But that does not mean that the thing that came into existence has a cause itself. It's cause is simply to exist, if there is to be named any cause.
''All things that begin to exist must have a cause (Kalam cosmological argument)right?
The universe began to exist so it must have a cause... right?
I say God is that cause... Yes I am religious.''

The fact that the universe began to exist, only signifies that it has been caused by something. Not that it has a cause of it's own as in.. A reason to exist. The reason that it exists, is because it has been caused. That you couple that 'cause' that created the universe to God is based on.. Nothing.
Sure, in theorie the 'action' that caused the universe to exist could have been made by 'a god'. But then I ask you, by your own theorie.. Who did create that God? For everything that exists must have been caused.. And if this 'god' that created the universe has been caused by something else, then how much of a god is he?

But this is going way offtopic :)

Tho in a way there are parallels to your army. Being that there are some unlogical combinations in your list. A dragon does not go well with slow rank and file and low magic. Either beef up the magic and go with infantery, or go for minimum core and take as many fast, hard hitters as you can and get stuck in there on turn 2.

Caer

Netherian Shrina

Skeleton
Dec 24, 2007
Brisbane
Yeah now that you guys mention it, his magic phase will be dead. It doesn't have nearly enough magic, so i would vote that you get rid of 4 of those Black Knights, replace the Wight King with a Magic Heavy Vamp. That might help a bit. It's just you don't need the extra rank, especially if one person dies from it, and you don't have enough magic to raise it back.
So really, just the 5 Black Knights will do, use the points for that other Vamp, and that might help a long with it.

I also would like to discuss that signiture. I have quite a lot opinions on the subject of religion.

Archon

Zombie
Mar 21, 2008
Alberta
List V3

Vampire Lord (1) - 690
+1 Magic Level
Powers:
Red Fury
Dark Acolyte
Equipment:
Dreadlance
Wristbands of black gold
Mount:
Zombie Dragon

Vampire (1) - 195
Powers:
Dark Acolyte
Lord of Dead
Equipment:
Flayed Hauberk
Dispell Scroll

Vampire (1) - 185
Dark Acolyte
Equipment
Book of Arkhan

Zombie Horde (20) -xxx

Skeleton Warriors (20) - 205
Full Command

Zombie Horde (20)-xxx

Grave Guard (20) - 305
Full Command

Black Knights (5) - 225
Barding
Musician
Standard Bearer
Hell knight
Banner of Barrows

Total- 1995...

Ok heres whats changed this time around... Ill be testing it later today,
-Got rid of Wight King and 4 Black knights
-Added magic vamp... Has dark acolyte and avatar (for def). Also gave him Book of Arkan...
-Increased lv of the Lord so now hes lv 4
-Added a hell knight to the black knights...

As for my sig... Do the mods around here let you make such threads? If yes ill make one later today..

Archon

Zombie
Mar 21, 2008
Alberta
So I’ve been doing some thinking and I think ill remove the dragon and keep him for 3k games.

So here’s the list

Vampire Lord (1) - 405
+1 Magic Level
Powers:
Master of the Black Arts
Forbidden Lore
Equipment:
Blood drinker
Wristbands of black gold
Flayed Hauberk
Mount:
Barded Nightmare

#1 Vampire (1) - 200
Powers:
Dark Acolyte
Equipment:
Dispell Scroll
Dispell Scroll

#2 Vampire (1) - 185
Dark Acolyte
Equipment
Book of Arkhan

Zombie Horde (20) -xxx

Skeleton Warriors (19) - 172
Full Command

Zombie Horde (20)-xxx

Grave Guard (19) - 193
Full Command

Black Knights (5) - 225
Barding
Full Command
Banner of Barrows

Black Knights (4) - 192
Barding
Full Command
Screaming Banner

Cairn Wraiths (4) 225
Upgrade 1 to Banshee

Total- 1957…

K the lord will go with the black knights squad of 4, Vampire #1 with the skeletons, and Vampire #2 with the Grave guard. Any suggestions on how to spend the last 43 points?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu