• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

3K Undead Legions

Vampire Lord: Ogre Blade; Talisman of Preservation; Dragonhelm; Potion of Foolhardiness; Quickblood; Red Fury; Lore of Death; shield; heavy armour; Hellsteed 439
Master Necromancer: Black Periapt; Level 4 Wizard 255

5 Dire Wolves 40
5 Dire Wolves 40

4 Vargheists: Vargoyle 194
1 Spirit Host 45

Terrorgheist 225

Liche Priest: Dispel Scroll; Ironcurse Icon; Level 2 Wizard 135

40 Skeleton Warriors: Master of Arms; musician; standard bearer 190
40 Skeleton Warriors: Master of Arms; musician; standard bearer 190
20 Skeleton Archers: Master of Arrows; musician 140
7 Skeleton Horsemen: light armour; Master of Horse 101

Khemrian Warsphinx: Fiery Roar 230
33 Tomb Guard: Razor Standard; halberds; Tomb Captain; musician; standard bearer 504

Casket of Souls 135
Casket of Souls 135

2,998 points

Ran this list today and was really happy with it.

1) Casket + Level 4 + periapt is ruthless. I had double the dice of my opponent every phase, and loads of spells to keep my opponent on his heels. Opened every phase with casket 1 (which my opponent dispelled), and either ended with a casket or periapted the last two dice if my opponent held dice back to dispel.

2) Having archers in VL for clearing out chaff is just wonderful. Even if it's only 20 that's still enough to whittle most fast cav units down to nothing.

3) Warsphinx in TK is really lacklustre, but with LoV support and the mobility of marching and movement spells it's fantastic. I actually had a great opportunity to lay down my template weapon before combat for the first time...well ever. Thundercrush when you can reroll to hit is also fantastic. Just all around a great choice.

4) Horsemen to provide LoS! rolls for my VL was very nice. Usually I bring crypt horrors to catch cannonballs for him, but the warsphinx is a much better anvil than they are.

5) Caskets shred warmachines and monsters, which otherwise I'm forced to scream at to deal with. Also very nice.

6) I can be so much more aggressive with my vampire lord when losing him doesn't crumble half my damned army.

7) Lore of Nehekhara actually synergizes really well with vampires units. KB+1A on models with Red Fury. 5++ on vargheists. Cheap movement bubble. All very helpful.

RobTheWise

Grave Guard
Sure can. There is no restrictions on who has to be the general anymore, so if you want to take a magicless, all-wight army then go for it! :)

Indeed! Also opens up the possibility for 4 levels of Shadow on your VL, or a light council TK list that doesn't require two level 4s. Pretty huge fan all around. Even just having getting a bit of utility on the VL's one wizard level is nice though. LD10 spirit leech, or one spell on shadow. Either way I'll take it.

...though a hellsteed vamp with 4 levels on death could be pretty nasty as well...