• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

40k game - new to 6th

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Alright, as my work has largely calmed down.

I'd like to play a game of 40k using the 6th edition rules. The catch? - I have NOT YET played a game under the 6th edition rules. So, hopefully I can play against someone who has played a few and has a bit of patience :D

Being new new to 6th... I think I'd like to play CSM. Since mine have been largely ignored since 4th edition. This would let me play a new army, under new rules, and hopefully minimize issues where rules get grandfathered back in :clown:

Anyone?

Anilar

Wight King
Have only read the rules, haven't had a chance to play yet, but still interested. I play Orks.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
We can try and stumble through a game then if you want :D

You are one up on me, as I have only about 1/2 read the rules. Obviously, will need to finish that before we actually get to start playing.

How many points you want to do? Normal sized, or smaller?

You used the WFO system we have on here before?

Anilar

Wight King
Have played a few fantasy battles on here, so beginning to understand the program.

Think Normal sized, thinking somewhere between 1500 and 1900. At 2000 points you unlock additional Force organsation slots.
I would prefer no special characters to begin with, will have a hard time enough killing ordinary troops and characters.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
I could give you a game as well, having had practice IRL. But Anilar has dibs since he replied first.

BTW, when it comes to 6ed I think it helps to unlearn what you knew in the past. The gap between 5ed and 6ed is much larger than the gap between 4ed and 5ed.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I've had to try and unlearn many editions in my time :D

I'm sure that this would be not much different. But, yes, it does seem to be a case of a lot of changes, as oppose to minor changes. It will be more like the changes from 2nd to 3rd :D

I could probably play you a game also Sweeney. Though I'd want to finish going through the rules first. So, if you wanted to start slow, that'd work okay for me.

No better way to learn, than just tossing yourself back in.

Anilar - 1500 pts Orks vs CSM. - linky

Sweeney - what size you wanna do?

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sweeney Todd said:
1750 good with you, O most holy one?

BTW, would you rather face Eldar+Tau or Dark Eldar+Eldar?
I'm good with 1750.

Can you take allies at under 2k? Sry, I've only skimmed the rules. Not sure what's I'll be playing for your game yet.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
You can take allies at any points level. The real question is at what pointage does 'splashing' another race become practical.

So which of the 2 combinations would you rather face?

Anilar

Wight King
Its in the force organisation Bishop. You have the old organisation from the previous edition, Max 2 HQ, 6 troops, 3 elite and so on. But they have added a small additional organsation for allies, and a slot where you can buy a fortification.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sweeney - CWE and DE should be fun. It'd give me insight in how I should be using my armies under the new rules :D