• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

500 pt Strigoi begginer list: Please rip to shreds

Strigoi Thrall w/ Summon Ghouls & Iron Sinew: 125 pts.
Wraith w/ Tomb Blade: 125 pts.
5 Ghouls: 40 pts.
5 Ghouls: 40 pts.
15 Zombie w/ Standard & Musician: 105 pts.
3 Fell Bats: 60 pts.

= 495 pts.

Please rip to shreds!
I need advice an help any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
This is my theoretical start of a 2000 pt. army, but being new to VC i need as much help as i can get!

Thanks.

Sethreios

Grave Guard
First of all, your list is illegal.

ANY vc army must be led by a spellcaster ;)
I see no Necromancer in your list.

Other than that, it looks sound enough.

Faust

Skeleton
Greetings.

Drop the Wraith and take a Necromancer level 2 with Book Of Arkhan for the same points.

Faust.

Ok first of all:
Awwww..... i love my wraith (in theory)
Tomb Blade sounds so awesome and helpful.
I was also planning on putting him with teh zombies.

Second:
Awwww..... I despise the necromancer models!
I know its the rules that are important, but they look really bad.
(and sorta like anton lavey i might add)

Any actually good looking necros out there?

Grish

Liche
True Blood
I like the Empire wizard models to use as necromancers.

Confrontation also has a variety of undead figures that would serve as heroes:
http://www.rackham.fr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=176&Itemid=100

Tomb Blade is not nearly as helpful as a Lvl 2 necromancer you'll find. Tomb Blade is good on a vampire count/lord but a Wraith doesn't have the weapon skill, attacks or strength to do many kills. If you fight average troops, you'll score 1.5 hits, of which half will wound, of which half will make their save against light armour/shield models (6 point Empire swordsmen troop). That's 0.3 zombies/skeletons per combat round with average rolls. Against basic troops; against anything elite you'll do worse. One Invocation of Nehek at 7+ will score you 9 zombies on average, a much better return.

However, the terror from a Wraith can be very helpful at this level, but it's hit or miss. The fell bats will make a good combination to run down any unit that flees with their 360 LOS and 20" charge distance.

As much as I love strigoi, their thralls are extremely weak at taking hits. As you're putting it in a unit of infantry, it's likely you'll get charged. After a few games you'll probably switch from strigoi to something else that has armour (Von Carstien or Blood Dragon thrall with Flayed Hauberk maybe).

Eh, i don't think ill switch. Also thisis more of a temporary army until i build a 2,000 pt. force (which will have a flying beast strigoi lord). Thanks for the advice. those models are way cooler than the gw ones.