• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

6th Edition Regenerate?

Hey, I was overlooking the Zombie Pirates PDF and was wondering about Luthor Harkon's Regenerate ability. Obviously Zombie Pirates are outdated (only marching if in range of the general instead of any vampire, etc), and Luthor Harkon has the ability to 'regenerate' till the end of his turn when he loses his last wound. So I'm wondering if that simply means he gets to try to take a regenerate save against his last wound or if the rules for regenerate were different back then.

It gives the impression that it's different. Like how in the rules about crumbling due to the death of a general it says "Note that if the General is taken below 1 Wound but manages to Regenerate enough Wounds to come back, [crumbling] does not apply."

So I was wondering if anyone could shed light on this. Perhaps someone with a 6th Edition rulebook that could look up how Regenerate used to work?

Thanks!

Kalandros

Necromancer
True Blood
6th ed regen was the same except any flaming wound on a multiwound model would make it LOSE regen for the rest of the game. Also it might have been accounted for CR - you LOSt the wound, so +1 CR to the enemy but you regenerated it so you're still alive, but you still give that +1CR to the enemy.

The pirate's effect may very well trigger only for his last wound - things like that also happened for Tyrion and Teclis in 6th edition, their last wound was a 2+ ward save until they lost it.

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
I wouldn't worry about it, for many armies Regen overlapped the 6th & 7th editions anyway, I don't remember the technicalities of itbut it wasn't vastly different to the way it is now.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Ah, but it was very very different. You'd have silly situations where you might deal 10 wounds to a regenerating creature, and all he has to do is pass 1 and he survives... so you were better off doing as few wounds as needed!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Waaay back there were regeneration rules where at the end of every turn you rolled for any lost wounds, if you rolled a 4+ you got them back, and yes you could keep on rolling every turn for the same wound if you failed it previously. You could not however roll for wounds caused by flaming attacks.