• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Kaptain Von

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2008
United Kingdom
... and I'm caught up. Whoof!

I might have spent the last four days reading through your blog before work, and then thought to come back and check this thread in case it had somehow drifted ahead. And it had - with a truly spectacular bang. I confess I'd wondered if this would be the end for Perette (what a way to go, though), and... alas, Campogrotto. At least the explosion didn't happen in the city? Things could be worse?

Anyway. All of this really is the ideal form of Warhammering. I stand in awe. Seven years with more or less the same crew (a pity you lost your Vampire general, but we can't have everything), all the little skirmishes and sidepieces weaving around these big setpiece battles. At first I admit the sheer amount of backstory had me worried you'd shot your wad before you started (was there a previous Holy War campaign or did you make all that up out of whole cloth?) but you've kept the surprises coming. In a word, inspirational.

Also, more Biagino please. I miss that Ghost-lookin' little fiend.

padrissimus

Black Knight
Nov 10, 2007
Thanks for the comments. I am going to make another video next, the battle, then move the story on (developments have occurred) while painting up a regiment of swamp zombies necessary for the campaign.

Re: Perette - even David, the skaven player, didn't want her to die! But it was a failed rally roll that took her and her riders off the table. Dice really do rule!

There was an abortive campaign before, more a joint writing exercise, which I ditched as I realised it would work better with players being actual characters in the campaign. Not wanting the material to go to waste, it became the historical background to this campaign!

And yeah, Biagino is great. I would go so far as to say he is my favourite NPC. Mind you, I thought he would die several times over, but the dice ruled he wouldn't.

Reactions: Kaptain Von

padrissimus

Black Knight
Nov 10, 2007
... but you've kept the surprises coming

TBH, the players and the dice do that ... I am a narrator, historian and I suppose the author, but it is more like writing non-fiction, for I am reporting on what happens. I tie it together, by making sense of it from various NPCs' perspectives. Admittedly, I can let my imagination flow for the details, for NPCs' thoughts and conversations (effectively everyone but the player's own characters), but the players and the dice are really what keep the momentum and surprises happening! I am being carried along too! And I don't know what will happen next!

Reactions: MedMos

padrissimus

Black Knight
Nov 10, 2007
Tilea’s Troubles Part 21 is up! It is the battle report, the longest yet, describing the Viadazan peasant crusaders’ stand against the vampire Duke Alessandro Sforta of Miragliano.

See it here …

Some pictures from the report …

L7uVa6B.jpg

UXr1JMk.jpg

GZBGUae.jpg

padrissimus

Black Knight
Nov 10, 2007
Tilea's Troubles, Part 22 is 'up'. The Viadazan Terror!

After the crusaders' great victory, Biagino learns some very bad news!

See

yPAVsiY.jpg

padrissimus

Black Knight
Nov 10, 2007
Here is Part 23 of Tilea's Troubles. This time it IS a prologue to a battle report and not an epilogue confused (by me) for a prologue like the last one. I promise to be more careful in future - I think late-night hobbying was to blame!

SBqNlRZ.jpg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu