• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

9th age 2500 points Help Needed

Hey guys,I'm trying to get my head around 9th age....This is first draft of a list That I might use in a local league.
If there is anyone up to speed with the rules could check they points for me? Any suggestions are welcome,can I make my lord more killy for example?,is there any way to get re-rolls to hit like we used to have?

vampire covenant ....2500 points...
brotherhood of the dragon

lord
vampire count,plate armour.Crimson rage,leval 2 wizard (necromancy)magic items,hardend shield,ogre sword,talisman of supreme shielding,skeletal steed.

Heroes.
Level 1 necro,scroll.
Vampire courtier,plate armour,shield,eternal duelist,flaming lance,mantle of the night ,skeletal steed

core.
5 direwolves x3
27 ghouls,ghast and mus
30 skeletons FC
29 Skeletons FC

Special.
phantom host x3
Vampire Spawn x6
Varkolok

Rare.
6 vampire Knights, FC,banner of Zagvozd

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
For your Count, a popular blender build seems to be Blessed Sword + Potion of Strength instead of Ogre Sword. We can't reliably get re-rolls to hit any longer but Blessed Sword will at least let you re-roll to wound and also weaken ward saves. You could also go with a Crystal Ball which will let you hit most things on 2+, shouldn't need re-rolls with that. Ogre Sword + Crystal Ball only leaves you 25 points for a 5+ ward save though, which is risky.

Thanks for the suggestions MasterSpark,I will look into that.What would you say are the most optimized unit choices at this point level?

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
I've still yet to play a game of 9th yet so I'm not speaking from experience, but large core units seem to be the deal. The skellies could go together into a nice and big bunch that'll be a real brick to remove.

I think a unit of Barrow Knights would work well in your list. You might be able to fit them in if you drop the phantom hosts and trim some points in other places. If you had a unit of 8 (or so) BK with the two characters, plus Vampire Knights, some Vampire spawn and the Varkolak you'll have a lot of punchy stuff. Just remember to try to let the skellies get at least 2 turns of marching so they can make themselves relevant.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
From what I've seen, one of the most popular units in VC are the Winged Reapers. They are quite tough with T5 and 4 wounds. they can deal some damage. they are mobile. And on top of that they heal quite good. All things considered a very solid unit.

About the blender lord. VC is still one of the armies with the easiest access to rerolls, all thanks to Path of Necromancy. With that in mind, you might want to consider adding an extra level to the necromancer. This would increase your chances of getting a Dance Macabre.