• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

9th age 6000 tourney list

I'm preparing for a tourney and I have not had a game since 8th. This is the list I will start practicing with. The tourney is in March so I don't have long to prepare.

Bloodline Von Karnstein

Midnight Aristocracy 665
Vampire count
General
armour of Destiny
Blade of Red Thirst
Wizard master Occultism

Midnight Aristocracy 620
Vampire count
Armour of Fortune
Giant Sword
Refine Taste
1 learned spell Evocation

Midnight Aristocracy 510
Vampier coutier
2 learned spells Evocation
wizard apprentice
Dispel Scroll
heavy armour
paired weapon
refine taste

Barrow King 290
BSB
Mantle of Night

Barrow King 230
Axe of Battle
Potion of Swiftness

Core

Bat Swarm 120

60 SKeletons 650
hand weapon and shield
full command
War banner

40 Zombies
Banner and Musician

22 Zombies
Banner and Musician

Special

Altar of the Undeath 460
Dark Tome

Altar of Undeath 400

33 Barrow Guard 840
full command
Banner of the Barrow Kings
Halberds

Dark Coach 480
Extended chassis
Von Karnstein

Great Bats 80

Swift Death

Vampire Spawn 220

This comes to 5997. Thoughts

Quinten

Grave Guard
I would probably drop the barrow kings. You can take another vamp as a BSB this way, or upgrade one of your other vamps to a BSB and drop points. Barrow king attacks aren't really all that much better than grave guard attacks so you're not gaining much.

Definitely, switch your general to evocation with the Dark Tome you are really amping up the risk to him with no benefit in the form of decreased casting values. You could keep him as a master for dispelling and if/when the altar dies but I would probably save the points.

If you have more chaff models to spawn then hour of the wolf is probably better than refined taste. Storm caller isn't a bad choice either. If you did want to get hour of the wolf in, definitely up the chaff amounts you have (again model dependant).

I would try to up the model count on the grave guard by a few guys and since you don't have the corpse cart great weapons are probably a better choice than halberds (unless you wanted to add a corpse cart in, not a bad idea if you get stormcaller).

Additionally, Varkolaks are better than dark coaches and they perform relatively the same role. If you have the model I would definitely recommend switching that out.