• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

9th age list 4500pts

Quinten

Grave Guard
Bloodline: Strigoi

Characters:

Vampire Courtier, Curse of the Blood, Razor Blade, General - 470pts

Vampire Courtier, Ghoul lord - 370pts

Necromancer, 4 Learned Spells, wizard master, book of arcane power, evocation - 480pts

Necromancer, evocation - 160pts

Core:

40 Ghouls - 730pts

40 Zombies - 230pts

20 Zombies - 110pts

Special:

Altar of Undeath - 400pts

Cadaver Wagon - 220pts

8 Ghasts - 650pts

Swift Death:

Varlok - 360pts

4 Vampire Spawn, Champion - 320pts

This list is supposed to be competitive so be really critical. I made an alternate version where I traded out the vampire spawn for some dire wolves, another learned spell on the baby vamp, and some here and there upgrades. Thoughts?

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Why so sparse with magical items on the Vampires? Seems like a waste. The Eternal Ring could be quite useful on the general I think.

Also, I don't think you've included the obligatory Dead Arise bound spell upgrade on the general.

You should take a champion with the ghouls and at least musicians with the zombies. The latter helps their mobility so much, especially now that swift reform is automatic, no need for any Ld test. I also think you could benefit from scrapping the non bunker zombie unit and take some bat swarms instead. Having chaff in core is great.

Other than that I think it looks good.

Quinten

Grave Guard
Okay I've rebuilt the list after realizing that making my vampires strigio was really pointless and if I didn't make them strigio I could take evocation and save myself some points on necromancers. Additionally it is 30pts cheaper to put my master necro on a cadaver wagon with endless horde so he doesn't get cannonballed than to take them separately. Just a note: the point cost on my general was correct, it included the dead arise.

Bloodline: Independent

Characters:

Vampire Courtier, Curse of the Blood, Armour of Destiny, General, The Dead Arise, Shield, 1 Leaned Spell (Evocation) - 470pts

Vampire Courtier, Ghoul lord, Heavy Armour, Shield, 1 Leaned Spell (Evocation) - 370pts

Necromancer, 4 Learned Spells (Evocation), Wizard Master, Book of Arcane Power, Cadaver Wagon (Endless Horde) - 480pts

Core:

40 Ghouls, Champion - 750pts

45 Zombies, Musician - 280pts

20 Zombies - 110pts

Special:

Altar of Undeath - 400pts

8 Ghasts - 650pts

5 Dire Wolves - 80pts

Swift Death:

Varlok - 360pts

4 Vampire Spawn - 300pts

This list is supposed to be competitive so be really critical. Any thoughts on this list? I really think this one is a lot better than the first one, it includes some chaff, has more spells, the vampires are tougher to kill with weak attacks, and the I think I made better choices as to where my command groups go. I'm really wary to take the 45 man unit of zombies out as I would only have two units that could maintain a large combat on their own. At this point level opponents will usually have at least three so this could result in me having to take down stuff quickly. Not impossible, nut not my preferred choice with VC.