• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

9th Age v0.9 Beta with Armybooks!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
The 0.9 version of 9th Age is out, and with this release every army got their own full armybook instead of the Temporary Army Compendium. The books have all been written by a small committee of selected volunteers, in cooperation with the main rules team.

I've was one of the guys working on the VC book and I must say I am quite pleased with the result. There are a lot of new stuff and option in the book that should make a lot of interesting builds possible. Some of it is might costed a bit too high atm but we wanted to approach it that way and then reduce the cost later if proved necessary. Personally I am the most excited about being able to use other Paths than Necromancy on the general, and about Von Castlestein Vampires (although their name could have been better...).

You can check out all of it here.

First game lined up for next Tuesday at my club. Really stoked about it, the whole project has restored my hobby enthusiasm which had waned a bit. So thanks again for your hand in all this!

May I ask. Why "black knights & graweguards" have different leadership? & If I remember correctly, those mounted ones don't gain stubborn by mounted wight king? Why is that?
I truly liked that I saw that others than characters may have hunger rules too.
What is that other spell from our conclave, Shadows something? Because I think shadowpath don't have that spell anymore.
That other path spells + invocation combo for our general is very nice indeed.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
@Kappu: Only the Barrow Guard ones have Bodyguard, mainly as a method to make the infantry choice a bit more attractive. The difference in leadership is a typo. The Wraith Sentries should have Touch of the Reaper from Path of Death and Chariot of Mist from Path of Shadow. These things, along with a few other typos, should be fixed shortly.

I played only a few games so far, but I'm very pleased with what i saw. It's like 8th but better. Great job guys! :)

Quinten

Grave Guard
This project really has re-kindled my hobby enthusiasm as well (To bad my local shop I played at just closed down :(). Really excited to play a few games along with playing kings of war. Making a point not to buy any stuff from GW that's fantasy related though so it's difficult to get all the cool stuff added.

Beta 0.10 is out now. The TK list is pretty awesome, with lots of inspired changes and cool synergies.

The VC book is fucking garbage though. Everything that used to be good has been nerfed to shit, they shoehorned bloodlines back in such that it's basically impossible to make a viable non-bloodline vampire build, and in return all we got was a few small point reductions for units that were previously overcosted. It's a travesty. Compared to the amazing things the other content creators have put out, the VC book is an uninspired heap of garbage.