• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mictom

Skeleton
Feb 12, 2010
i think that:

skaven will rule them all. simply the best "natural" reproduction rate around and, if i got it right, they are already beneath every single stone in the world via a vast underground tunnel system

which will rule out the dwarfs as a large civilization. though i think that small enclaves of even harder and sturdier stunties, completely isolated underground, will survive. probably a rise of chaos dwarfs will show up in some of these underground insulas.

VC will never die out. as long as things live, they will die in the end and bolster the ranks of the undead. unlike the tomb kings, they will prosper but never take over. (would they take over, there wouldn't be any living ones around anymore to die and so on)

tomb kings should only have a decreasing pool of recruits. they don't "recruit" new dead, do they? only "revive" their long dead comerads. so there should be an end for them in the long run. but because they are living in deserts mostly they will hold out for a long time against living races - especially skaven, as they field masses and need food and water in large numbers to overcome hot temps.

beastmen - i don't know. probably lose out against other big time players or even get killed by the brets and wood elves - who i think form an alliance (seems very probable reading the WE army book)

the imperium has two different ways to go. they could go the "nicer" route of france/britain and industrialize or become a prussian kinda state. in the first case they will prosper and might hold off attackers by advanced tech. they might even become a safehold for different races, who are getting extinct (elves, dwarfs come to my mind). in the latter case they will absolutely win the world. because i am sure, that a prussian state was the the origin of the 40k warhammer imperium/space marines. total militarisation, uniforming of mind and matter and later resulting in hate to everything alien-like.

dark elves - they got nothing, not even a proper economy, only plundering and pirating. no chance for them to survive high elves nor chaos especially if they can't pirate and plunder anymore. they, too, should have a reproduction problem.

high elves - lose out and get digested by more modern races like imperium or sth. like that. maybe ulthuan sinks (like atlantis?) and they have to turn to the empire or maybe go to lustria - there seem to be some connections to the oldest of the slann.

lizardmen seem quite ok to me. breeding pools spawn new servants again. if they keep the slanns intact, they should have good possibilities to keep the status quo. if slanns die out and skinks take over, they should modernize probably (as i think that the skinks seem quite smart) if the skinks can't take over the leadership whole lustria brain fries and the lizzies become enormous, instinctive predators. probably losing all traits of a civilized race but maybe starting anew.

chaos - i just don't care for them. but they will be an endless player in this world.

OK is going to fall apart but individuals will strive as mercs as they do already.

O&G seem to be too sturdy to be exterminated and too willingly to fight to the end. might become a big winner if the'd stabilized politically - whatever that might mean for orcs, probably ruled by a goblin blessed by gork and mork together... nah.... that would be too un-orky. when the orcs win it all, they will extinct themselves... yep, i am sure, that the last thing on earth is going to be an orc who decapitates the next to last orc. he will be the greatest orc ever - no doubt 'bout that.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
You don't care for chaos?
Shunnn!!! Shun the nonbeleiver! shun!

As for the high elves, I doubt the empire is going to overtake them anytime soon, however they will prob go through a lotr elf style decline (seeing as how fantasy pretty much ripped of a lot of tolkiens stuff at first, then evolved into its own universe)
But they wont be able to sail away, and they wont sing silly songs about it, or befriend short people.
I dont know about the fantasy orcs, but I know a 40k ork is going to complete his plan to make a super conduit across the galaxy, and ride his kustom bike across the universe killing everyone he meets.

Of course, clearly there is one player in this that we all forgot about, they have been pretty quiet, and its the quiet ones you have to watch.
The halflings. Clearly they are plotting to gain supremacy and world domination. Comon, they have halfing hot pots. We are all clearly doomed to become the slaves of little halflings. They are like that quiet weird kid that everyone made fun of, but then came back with some weapons and killed everyone.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Sanai could be right - I mean looked what happened in the LotR - the halflings brought down the biggest bad guy around........I think its time for a pre-emptive stike against the little buggers.....:devil2:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Think of it- the halfling hot pots, and lumpins fightin cocks. Out gathering intelligence and experience to train an army of halfings to take over the world.

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
Then who shall make us Black Pudding, Black soup, Czernina, Schwarzsauer, Svartsoppa, Blood tongue, Grützwurst, Biroldo, Mustamakkara, Mykyrokka, papas de sarrabulho, blodplättar, veriohukainen and veripannkoogid!
I cant live without my halfling chef trained in the most highly refined culinary art of serving that most vital fluid!

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Don't you understand Erick? We will be the ones doing the cooking! We will become the comic relief!

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
Don't you understand Erick? We will be the ones doing the cooking! We will become the comic relief!
Oh, all they would need is a quick kick in the pants and any thoughts of world conquest will quickly be purged from their mind. If not, I can always take my chef's apron "To Serve Halfling" the wrong way....

Burnanation

Crypt Horror
Mar 29, 2010
Woodstock VA
Greenskins to rule them all! As much as I enjoy Chaos and VC it will be the greenskins that will remain after everything else is gone. Greenskins are born from spores. From the 40 lore, even after a world has been completely purged of orks their spores remain. Eventually whoever sets up shop will still be plagued by feral orks that respawn. They will just keep coming until there's nothing left. Chaos if fueled by the emotions of mortals. No more mortals no more fuel. It's simply a war of attrition. Push it out over a long enough period of time and Orcs win.

ironlord

Black Knight
Oct 11, 2008
Bo'ness
The orcs are mortal and they have their own emotions that can fuel deamons. And since most of their emotions are "I'm gunna kill stuff!" they will probably fuel the armies of Khorne.

One thing you missed from the 40k fluff is that the spores can be killed by fire.

Now khorne likes fire, its part of his whole "thing" to kill stuff and set it on fire. So chaos will win out eventually, because the orks will bring khorne into power when they kill everything else and then the khorne deamons will just set everything on fire with their swords!

Aegis

Varghulf
Jul 6, 2008
Chi town
Until NUrgle looks at a word of death and kicks Khorne in the nuts and takes everything for himself, then the space marines show up and purge this new daemon world :skull:

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Aegis said:
Until NUrgle looks at a word of death and kicks Khorne in the nuts and takes everything for himself, then the space marines show up and purge this new daemon world :skull:

Knowing GW's exceptional ability to sell more Space Marines then this is actually the most probable outcome.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Nurgle is spoken of in the fluff as being the likely one to win in the end, as he is the god of disease and decay, and everything decays in the end. Even vampires decay.

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
May 27, 2009
Lincoln, England
That would, if you think about it, be the ultimate Pyrrhic victory. Ultimte in every sense.

The nature of Chaos is entropic, Chaos cannot 'win' without destroying itself in the end.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
The chaos god of disbelief will win, all he needs to do is have zero people who believe in him to achieve his ultimate aim and be all powerful.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
One of the chaos gods is one of disbelief, and his aim is to have no followers.
and apathy/nihilism does not create order. If you dont care, or feel that you are doomed anyway, you are likely to let people do what they want, no matter what they do. And thats called anarchy.

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
Even vampires decay.
Only the ones that dont feed for a long time. Vampires do not grow old and decay as long as they feed with any regularity.

And aren't vampires supposed to be cut off from the ether so they cannot be influenced by chaos
I think it has more to do with the fact Vampires have no reason to be influenced by chaos.
Your already an immortal and inhumanly powerful being able to raise servants for your every whim.
What does chaos have to offer a Vampire? (especially with the majority of chaos followers dieing or turning to spawn)

Aegis

Varghulf
Jul 6, 2008
Chi town
Pietr Von Carstein said:
I was under the impression that the most powerful chaos god was Tzeentch . Wasn't he the god that reigned supreme over the other gods for the longest .

None of them are ever Ascendant, because when one gets to strong the other three gang up on him until hes out in his place.

Sanai is thinking of Malal, he is the embodiment Chaos' indiscriminate tendency toward destruction, even of itself. Hence, if they win and destroy everything ( themselves included) he wins. Yes, hes that god damn emo. xD

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
No, I was thinking of the other one.
Malal is the god of plans going awry, the other one is basically a god of atheists.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
It was probably some kind of trick. Its hard to weave cunning schemes when everyone is plotting to take your dominance and watching you keenly like a hawk.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
From what I've read, Khorne is the most powerful of the Chaos Gods, becoming so after he forged alliances with the other gods and allowed them to fight each other to their, weakening their power and allowing him to swoop in and rise to ascendancy.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Most powerful to least amoung the Chaos gods goes Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgule, Slaneesh acorrding the Daemons of Chaos book.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu