• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Cristov von Carstein

Black Knight
Dec 2, 2007
North of England.
Ok so, im back on track after too long with my VCs, and Cristov is at the head of a mighty army consisting of, 10 crossbowmen, 16 milita and one Black Knight with an arrow through his head. I should have three Black Knights but i cant seem to find my empire knight sprues so ive only got one... :(

Firstly, what should i do for the bases? Im looking for a dark and spooky kind of scheme, i was thinking a darkened gobbo green with some scorched grass ontop but im not sure. Help would be greatly appreciated there.

Secondly, i need help on some sort of replacement model for a Black Coach, i love the rules for it and with a Carstein army i get the chance of two. But i dont like the thought of a crumbley vampire in a cart following my army about. Its empire themed as a must because ive got an empirey army.

Thirdly, I would also like a way to fit the empire pistoliers into my army other than as Spirit Hosts. I dont really feel like making up rules for some sort of zombie scout thing because im thinking of already having a cannon crewed by zombies.

I'd really like some help with these three cause im pretty much stuck until i get these sorted.
Although my next buys are some zombies and the wizards box for necros, id like some thought on where to next...

Bug16

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 30, 2007
For the bases I'd put sand on them then paint them along the lines of:

1. Chaos Black
2. Bestial Brown drybrush
3. Bleached Bone drybrush
4. Black ink wash

I'd then sprinkle very dry/brown looking static grass onto the base. I forget the exact name of the grass in question but you can buy it in most model railway shops. This dry grass would make it look like the ground beneath them is dying as they walk one it.

I'd try it on a single base and see how it looked.

For the pistoleers you could make them the same as the light cavalry in the Tomb King army. I.e. light cavalry that always hit on a 5+, but make their hits only S3.

As for your other coach I have no idea. Maybe use a chariot?

Azahul

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 20, 2007
use a steam tank :D obviously make up some background so it isnt one of the however many ones that are made by Nuln, how about some metal monstrosity driven by necromancy with an engine that runs on blood or something. but use a steam tank :)

Cristov von Carstein

Black Knight
Dec 2, 2007
North of England.
Heh thanks, im not sure on the static grass because it doesnt seem to work for me but the ground bit sounds really good. Thanks for the pistolliers idea, thats pretty much that sorted, unless anyone has anything to add. The steam tank i like, would be alot of fun, although im not incredibly sure. I'll wait around to see if anyone has anything better, then ill take it.:)

Azahul

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 20, 2007
well the only other feasable idea i can think of would be a war altar, but im pretty sure that has been done many times before :D

Cristov von Carstein

Black Knight
Dec 2, 2007
North of England.
Yeah, but actually i was scrolling through GW UK homepage last night due to sheer boredness and i came across the chariot racing thing, thought that would be a fun thing to do, maybe convert me a zombie chariot. Then i saw the stuff for the empire war wagon. Which is basically what the german gun wagon from the 15th? 16th century i think. Minds blank after abit of drinky. Anyway, add abit of zombieness and ive got myself the perfect swap around. Sound cool do you think?

The three big chariot-like things the empire gets (or used to get) are the steam tank, the war wagon, and the war altar for arch lectors.

Anyone of those could be a good black coach replacement.

The war wagon could be full of zombies throwing skulls at people. The war altar could have a wraith on board.

I would recommend waiting until the new VC book comes out and seeing what they do to the BC rules and also what happens with the rumoured Plague Cart - both rules-wise and the model (rumoured to be very nice).

Cristov von Carstein

Black Knight
Dec 2, 2007
North of England.
Well at the mo im just concerened about what would look seriously awsome, and that zombie thing throwing skulls sounds absoballylutley perfect. And i'll probably use that. The zombie pistolliers i just want for the sheer funness of it, im only really hoping for a 500 point force untill the new VCs and for one of the many reasons why im getting some zombies next week.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu