• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
"Hmmm wonder what god would wan't to save the universe with a handful of misfits like us." Andrew said out loud. "We are truly a weird group, something you would only see in the demented mind of a obscura clouded playwriters mind, who else would gather eldar of two different cultures, a human space marine of questionable morals, a Tau with a little too much time amongst humans, a human that is just a tool and then a Daemon in a sword. I wonder if we can even survive this. I know I will need a long vacation after this, even if I die."

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Tassarec sat in the Wave Serpent as it descended to the planet below. The portal-transit was something he was used to, and it no longer disorientated him. His hand rested on the hilt of his Witchblade, the Warlock's eyes watching the group. As soon as the Wave Serpent landed, he was on his own.

The group arrived at the estate of the bribed noble, the elevator to the lower caves. Rain lashed the platform the band had landed on, but it did not worry Tassarec; they would shortly be well beyond the reach of the driving rain, deep underground.

As they approached the elevator, however, something unexpected happened. With a hum of forbidden energies, twin blades leapt from Slyvax's form, one of them coming to rest in the foul creature's hand, the second manifesting its own body to wield it, a menacing creature that looked like a ragged child.

Things started happening, fast. The Tau, who had been experimenting with holograms, confirmed what Tassarec could already tell with his witchsight; this was no hologram. Tassarec's hand flew to his witchblade, psychic energy crackling along its surface as he drew it, simultaneously powering his rune armour. The Warlock swiftly prepared his mind for psychic combat, the spirit stones in his armour lending him strength.

Tassarec's rage was easy to tell from his face; he had dropped every pretence of diplomacy with this treachery. The Dark Eldar had stolen a Djin blade and a daemon weapon, both held by the Craftworld to avoid further damage being caused. Tassarec turned to the Grey Knight, hoping for his aid against the daemon weapon, only to find him consorting with the foul creature and even offering the hand of friendship.

"Enough!" roared Tassarec, a roiling witchflame bursting into life in the palm of his right hand, his left clenched around the crackling witchblade. Tassarec raised his hand, mentally projecting the Destructor power towards the daemon; that was his primary threat. Burning psykerfire erupted from his outstretched palm; whether it would damage the daemon, Tassarec did not wait to see.

Sending out a mindblast, Tassarec used Conceal to get closer to Slyvax, raising his witchblade to the foul creature's neck.

"Talk." said Tassarec, his tone deadly cold, "Now."

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Pow activated his hologram at Tassarec's outburst, and blended into the background. He considered trying to put up a holographic smokescreen, but he remembered that the Eldar was skilled in the psychic sciences, which did some stuff he wasn't quite sure of. He could see things burning, but there was no heat source.

Tassarec leapt at Slyvax. Feeling awfully exposed in the open elevator, Pow went flat to the floor, struggling to work out what to do. He spotted Andrew and flashed a hologram in front of his face:
{HOWDY. HOSTAGE SITUATION. YOU GOOD AT HITTING THINGS HARD? Y/N. IF Y, KNOCK OUT TASS ON MY MARK. IF N, SHOOT SOMETHING NEAR TASS IN A THREATENING WAY}

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Luther knew exactly what was coming from the warlock. Flaring his Aegis up, he focused it on to the witchfire aiming for the daemon weapon. He was sure it wouldn't hurt the weapon, but one does not take chances with Chaos. After seeing the fire fizzle out, he turned his attention to Tassarec. Seeing the warlock holding his employer..."hostage", he levelled his stormbolter at Tassarac's head.

"Warlock, I assure you, this is no act of treachery. My employer likely was persuaded by the sword, I myself could feel their presence. It speaks ill of your skill that you could not. Let Slyvax go, or I will shoot. And I do not miss. As for the daemon weapon, I suspect he will help us until it suits him to leave. He is, after all, still trapped. If he tries anything that would not be suited to our best interests, I assure you. I am still very much trained in the arts of daemonhunting."

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Tassarec's anger flared when he saw his Destructor flame weaken, the Grey Knight counteracting the power before levelling his storm bolter. The Warlock snorted when he spoke.

"Treachery?! I think of all creatures in the universe a fallen Grey Knight has the least authority on what is and isn't treachery," Tassarec spat, his words intended to hurt. "As for the blades, of course I could feel their presence. It speaks ill of your supposed daemon-hunting abilities that you were not stronger than the blade's foul whisperings." Tassarec turned back on Slyvax, "How could you?! How could you consort with the very thing that destroyed us? Chaos is the Great Enemy, and no victory can come from dealing with it!"

The Warlock's gaze snapped back to the Grey Knight. "Oh yes, I'm sure the daemon has no desires of its own. I'm sure that it didn't "attach" itself to this band of lowlifes to tempt one of you into letting it escape. Of course, its imprisonment on the Craftworld could never be any safer than giving it to mon-keigh!"

Tassarec was furious, his blade still held to Slyvax's neck. "You have proven yourself incapable of resisting it already, Grey Knight. How can I be sure you won't fall prey to it again?" the Warlock spat, his eyes shifting to the Storm Bolter.

"And don't think you can resolve this by force. I knew a situation like this would come, although I never suspected it would be so soon. The spirit stones in my rune armour have been attuned to my body for months; if I die, their energy will be released and amplified by the armour. If you shoot me and I fall now, a psychic blast will consume all of you. Not even your armour could save everyone from that, Grey Knight!" Tassarec's open hand sparked into life again, a second flame caressing his fingers as he readied for another Destructor.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
"Do not presume that a mere daemonblade tempted me, Eldar. I have faced off against greater daemons of the warp. Even the daemons of, what's that god again, oh yes, Slaanesh could not tempt me. It took far more than a simple blade to taint me, Tassarec. If you'd like, I could always see if I could release our 'friend' here. Only the gods would know what would come from that. Let Slyvax go."

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Tassarec's eyes widened in horror as the Grey Knight turned to an alternative method to free the Dark Eldar.

"DO NOT SPEAK THAT NAME!" roared Tassarec as She Who Thirsts was mentioned by name, "Or must I say the word Horus to you? Although perhaps Corpse-God would be more fitting for a traitor." Tassarec could see that things were stacked against him. He clenched his fist, quelling the psykerflame that had built there. He then mentally let loose a second Conceal, his psychic mind disorientating and befuddling those without protection.

Moving with the swiftness gifted to the Eldar, Tassarec brought his blade away from Slyvax, leapt back from him, and reversed the blade, the tip touching Tassarec's own chest.

"If you will not swear an oath bound by the Warp itself to keep that daemon imprisoned, I will kill myself and all of us right here. Do not think I won't."

The Archivist

True Blood
Taking Andrew's lack of shooting as a good sign, Pow crawled forward as Luther and Tassarec talked. He waited nearby. He flicked out a tranq dart from its ammo case, stuck it on the end of his pulse pistol and aimed at Tassarec nearly from his feet.

Tassarec leapt nearly on top of him, such that he could see up some of his clothes.
"And that's my cue," Pow muttered to himself. He fired the makeshift dart gun at nearly point blank range then rolled away, coming to his feet with his pulse pistol discarded ready for hand to hand, shutting down his hologram and hoping that the dart had hit.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Well this has certainly blown out of proportion thought Slyvax hurriedly.

"Steady there warlock" he said, while Pow was fired something at Tassarec.  Slyvax had no idea what it was, but he took the moment of Tassarec's distraction and rushed forwards, grabbing him by the neck with his lovely new sharp wraithbone hand.  The room calmed down a little, and they were just left with a suicidal eldar in the corner of the still moving lift.  This situation needed to be sorted out before they stopped, this eldar was being a hot blooded, short sighted fool.  Typical spacey's really, thinking they're so important on their little ships.

"Ok, first things first.  The daemon-blade is not with me, do what you like with it.  The Djin blade here," he said, raising it appreciatevly "ISwith me.  And it's a bloody Djin blade, it's harmless, well to me at least.

Why did I take it?  Well how the hell did you expect me to survive? I'm a haemonculus, I need lots and lots of pain, so where the heck am I going to get that from? Some stupid frisbee thrower that calls itself a shruiken catapault?  You want this 'mission', if you can even call it that, I'd frankly call it a farce,  to work, you'll need me alive, and I reckon without my special efforts I'd be very dead by now, so thanks for the help!

Right, now on to your suicide attempt.  Firstly, killing yourself isn't going to kill either of the daemons, and probably will release mine, so all you're going to do is add to the daemonic population by one.  Killing me wont help either, as that'll destroy this entire "let's save the universe" mission anyway, you going to sacrifice a couple of lives so you can watch everyone burn?

Next, I don't know how little imformation you know about how we operate, but I have things called failsafes.  Nuking this lift won't kill me."
.   Slyvax took a moment to savour everyone's confusion.

"I've got a very good freind, several actually, back in Commargh, who are very accomplished beast masters.  Now you may have lovely little wet dreams when you sleep about you and your imaginary freinds, but they don't, they hunt their dreams and use them to kill people.  Now my consciousness floating around like a virgin in the warp is going to attract a lot of attention to all the nightmares sifting around, and my friends are going to find me, trust me they will. They've got 1 week from my death until the poison I put in them, activated at my death, kills them. From then on it's simple, stick the mind back in my old cloned body, which would probably be an improvement on this one.

.. then they die anyway, I lied to them about that bit."
he added grinning.  His smile disappearing just as fast as it had appeared, he continued.

"Then I'll come back to you and capture you like I did the rest of my killers, and let's just say I haven't killed any of them yet."

Slyvax strengthened his grip and raised Tassarec off the ground, digging into the sinew of his neck, producing an odd rattling noise.

"Clear?" he added, calmly.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
An inhuman howl erupts from the daemon as the witchfire struck him and coursed over his small frame. The rags incinerated immediately and flesh sloughed off his bones. Despite the quick reaction of Grey Knight, the quenched flames left behind naught but a blackened skeleton. The wail of pain petered out and the charred remains fell to the floor in a heap, the blade landing amongst them.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Everything happened too fast and confined for Andrew to follow, the eldar being here there and everywhere. Heat washing over them all, vanishing just as fast. Andrew was truly confused and felt trapped on the confines of the lift. Where was the large open plains, where he could see the enemy for miles and shoot them before he was threatened. He was not built or had experience for this, it was like this mission intended for everybody but him.

Some light flashed in front of him, but he couldn't really concentrate to make any sense of them with everything that went on.

Even something the grey knight said made Andrew puke, a name he could not pronounce that at the same time promised so much, but at the same time was disguting and unnatural. By reflex Andrew offered up a prayer to ward evil to the emperor of mankind.

Even as things was keeping going wrong, Andrew simply took his flask out taking a sip to wash away the taste of puke.

Simply getting enough Andrew shouted above the commotion.

"In the name of all holy and unholy gods, deities and saints, will you guys relax. Your acting like the apocalypse will happen on this lift. Now you can all have your disagreement here on the lift pointing fingers, blaming each other for all kind of apocalyptic events that have happen and might happen. But the uneducated farmboy here suggest we handle the apocalyptic event, that we do know will happen if we don't stop it. And then we can shoot each other after that, if we still feel like it. If you still wan't to fight on now, then just point me in the direction of where I can find Slyvax's ex-boss, and ill kill him myself if I have to. Proberbly have more luck on my own, than following a Bunch of snuck-up posh aristocratic babies like you lot."

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
It all seemed to go wrong for Tassarec. A sudden impact on his leg made him distracted, something which the Dark Eldar seized upon, grabbing Tassarec by the neck. Even the "farmboy" was shouting. Tassarec didn't struggle, but simply waited for Slyvax to finish. When his neck was finally released, Tassarec sighed, slowly sheathing his witchblade before turning back to the Dark Eldar, his tone deadly cold.

"You can survive, Slyvax, by using one of these." Tassarec took a small gem from a spare pocket in his robes, lifting it in front of Slyvax's face.

"A spare Spirit Stone. A sure escape from Her clutches. An end to the constant search for new ways to inflict pain." Tassarec spoke distantly, his voice lacking any emotion as exasperation filled him.

"If you return the Djin blade and daemon weapon after we have finished this mission, I will give this to you, Slyvax. These are rare and have never been offered to Dark Eldar." Tassarec put the stone back into his pouch. "If you must use the blades to accomplish our primary goal, then it appears I am powerless to stop you." Tassarec paused.

"If you keep them after this mission is finished, you will not have a spirit stone and I will kill you. Your soul may be recaptured by your allies under normal circumstances, Slyvax, but in the company of daemons? I don't fancy your chances."

Tassarec turned away sharply, facing the wall of the elevator silently.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
"return?......Return me?...." a thin whispy voice, an echo of it's previous self whispered. You self-righteous bigot, make up your mind, am I a prisoner or a rented tool?..... Don't forget to ask about the late-fees Slyvax...."

A thin chuckle resonated from the sword. "Why do you hate me so, Eldar...? I have never struck one of your kind in anything other than self-defense... is your inter-dimensional-racial-hatred so great as to blind you to potential allies? After half a century strapped to a wall amongst some highly unsavoury utensils for the crime of being manifest on the wrong side of the ether, not to mention immediately torched upon my eventual release without so much as a how-de-do, I think I'm the one entitled to a little anger."

The disembodied voice then addressed the rest of the group. "Greetings, residents of this material plane. To make this simple, yes I am a talking sword, no I don't want to kill you... well, not most of you anyway... at least not yet, I think most of us will have to get to know one another a little before throwing fireballs around... " another whispy chuckle escaped the blade. "I had planned to leave your no-doubt delightful company once we exited this elevator, but all this talk of grand apocalypse-level events is highly intriguing, so I think I'll tag along... if the pointy eared fella sulking in the corner can keep his pyrotechnics to himself that is...?

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Slyvax looked at the soulsstone in wonder, thos things were worth so much in the markets. Even as Tassarec sulked in the corner, Slyvax walked over to him, ignoring the daemon, who he still felt a little betrayed by. Slyvax went to put a hand on Tassarec's shoulder, but stopped himself. They may be polar opposites, but they were both eldar, and Slyvax had enough common sense to know the species wasn't dojng great.

"Look, no matter what psychic silliness you performed on me in your craftworld, you're not going to change what I am. As charming as the soulsstone is, it's not going to help me stay Alive, even after our so called mission. I've uearned for immortality so far in my life, I'm not likely to give it up yet."

Suddenly, with a clang the lift stopped, making Slyvax jump. After a brief hiss the doors slowly opened, a small carpet of steam parting. The ground here was brick red, a hue intensified by the red strip lights implanted in te ceiling, the silence of the place was astounding as well, and it was evident nothing had lived here for a long time. Slyvax coughed and his echo was repeated loudly several times.

Slyvax stooped down and knelt in the red dust linking the floor. He sketched out a brief Dark eldar rune.

"Ok guys, it's simple. Look for something with a similiar symbol with this, and we know he's send scouts in, otherwise just look for something that can destroy te universe. Spread out and keep quiet, you can hear anythig in these caves. Don't get too far apart, getting lost down here probably isn't the safest option."

The Archivist

True Blood
Pow gave a thumbs up to Slyvax before stealthing again. The dust kicked up by his feet didn't exactly help his stealth, but as he entered a darker area of the caves he put on his headgear and switched off the lights.

He began sketching a map of the caves in his virtual vision as he moved further away from the lift. Some of the caves were natural, others artificial, but he kept moving along.

Ten minutes later, he turned a corner to discover a large cavern filled with machinery. A couple of people were wandering around the control panels. There was a slight humming Pow had learnt to ascosiate with plasma generators, and sure enough he could see that the nearest machine was in fact just that. And the next one. And the next one.
In fact, Pow now saw that every single machine was a plasma generator. There were thousands of different models, but they were all supplying power. He took a seat in a concealed corner of the cave and observed the people as they moved round the power plant.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Andrew was relieved to get off the lift, and get some distance between himself and the others. Watching Slyvax draw a alien designed rune, Andrew looked up and around and decided to go right, looking for anything not looking right in a series of caves with contraband and who knows what.
Andrew had no illusions about his abilities to be stealthy, and he knew no matter what he would do a Eldar would probably pick up his scent even before he was in the same cave as the eldar.

Andrew went into a series of smaller caves, various crates and containers stored in them. A few caves locked off by man made walls and doors. Thou the locks was easily removed by Andrews working powerglaive. But it didn't seem there was anything to be found in his direction.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Great plan Slyvax.... the daemon sword rasped. "but could someone give me a lift...? I seem to have misplaced my legs... oh! wait a minute, I think I see my shinbone! The pile of bones rustles slightly before settling again.

Nope, seems I'm a little too crispy to be walking about... Anyone want to give me a hand? I promise I won't devour your soul... well, unless your into that sort of thing..." he said with a chuckle.

The Archivist

True Blood
Suddenly, the cave darkened again, and the generators vanished. Pow looked around in confusion, before he realised that his suit had just made a random hologram.
I hope it's not a virus. That would be bad. Very bad.
He kept on searching the caves.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Luther chuckled as the events happening progressed out of his hand. As the daemonsword moaned on the ground, he bent over and picked it up, lightening his power over the aegis so the daemon wouldn't be in constant torment. Moving out with the others, he psychically probed into the daemon weapon, "So who exactly are you?"

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
As the Grey knight lifted the blade from the charred skeletal remains, the bones vanished, leaving behind a smell somewhat akin to burning ozone. A voice only Luther could hear chuckled at his rather direct line of questioning. "I have been called many things, most of them are able to be pronounced by humans and a few are even able to be used in polite conversation... The Thrice Cursed Blade of nsjgespjn, Darktooth, artifact 5738D4G... Jharim's Lament..."

The sword paused, as if thinking for a moment then said. "You may call me Dhar'eon. Dhar'eon is the name my binder called me, Dhar'eon the Bound when he was feeling particularly smug..."

A feeling like he was being observed and sized up by a curious onlooker emanated through the sword to Luther before it asked.

"And what about you, my fine charcoal-grey knight? What's your story and that of our fine compatriots? What names do you all go by when your not introducing yourselves with witchfire?"

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
"Well Dhar'eon, I am sure you know exactly what I am, however I no longer owe any allegiance to my fellow daemonhunters. You may call me Luther. That fine upstanding young Eldar that thought fitting to introduce himself with witchfire is called Tassarec. He's kind of new. Our employer, the haemonculus, is called Slyvax, the Tau has a relatively long name but is Pow for short, and the oddball of our group is Andrew. He's....only human."

Walking on with the others, Luther paused. "Our story...well, that's an interesting one. We were used by Slyvax as a mercenary team, however he was betrayed and nearly all of us paid the price for it. Now he's being used in turn by the craftworlders. I believe ancient Terran philosophers would deem this situation 'ironic'."

The Archivist

True Blood
Pow continued on through the caves, carefully plotting his route as he did so. A noise from up ahead made him startle, and he leapt into the shadows. Peering out, he saw a very strange sight.
Thirty guardsmen were stumbling around the cave. That in itself would be strange enough, but they were wandering aimlessly in step. Pow put his headgear on and zoomed in on them.
Their faces were eerily blank, their expressions vacant and their movements automated and random. Their helmets and armour were classic Cadian style, but were stripped of paint and pitmarked with pockets of rust. Similarly their weaponry was decrepit and often broken, with one soldier weilding only the burnt stock of a plasma pistol.
Focusing on their leader, Pow could see more skin. Wearing nothing but the rags of Catachen armour, and weilding nothing but his still intact sword, his dark skin was covered in what looked like black marks. Zooming in further, Pow could just about make out tattoos, some of which made his olfactory organs clog in disgust.
I remember reading about this in a Ordos Hereticus vault. They could well be dead soldiers bound to that Chaos God whose name eludes me. I'd better get back before they realise I'm here.
Pow moved away stealthily, beginning to jog once he deemed himself far enough from the cave. He hoped that the others had remembered to map their routes too...

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Andrew had grown a little tired on his search, he had moved into a series of caves becoming larger and larger than the previous ones. And there wasn't no doors or other signs of the caves being claimed by anyone. Andrew suddenly found himself in an immense cave. Thou he could still see the ceiling, he could not see the other end of the cave. But that was not what really astounded Andrew, it was the gigantic hole in the cave, that could only be miles around, even walking around the edge for 15 minutes or so, Andrew still had no idea how large the hole was. He contemplated throwing a rock or flare down the hole, but thought better of it, it was a stealth mission after all. And they would be actions that could potential but him in danger, before he had a chance to talk with the group. Andrew turned around and started walking back towards the elevator room, hoping the others would return there as well, so he could report back his discovery. It might not be anything, but it could very well lead somewhere important.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Tassarec wanted to put distance between himself and the daemon. He didn't care where he went, so long as it was away from the thrice-damned sword.

As he moved off from the elevator, he just caught a glimpse of the Grey Knight bending over to retrieve the daemonblade, even lowering his Aegis to lessen its discomfort. Tassarec's eyes glared, and he turned sharply off, looking for anything suspicious that might be worth reporting to Slyvax. The haemonculus wanted to look for anything marked with a particular Dark Eldar brand. Tassarec headed off into the cave complex, mentally triggering his Conceal power and keeping to the shadows, the combination of low-light and psychic confusion making him hard to see, let alone recognise and concentrate on.

The Warlock emerged in a larger subterranean chamber, and almost tripped over a huge spent shell. Tripping over would be an understatement, in fact; the think was so large that he almost walked straight into it. The massive metal casing would have ripped clean through the troop compartment of the Wave Serpent the squad arrived in, and was bigger than Tassarec. The metal still had a dull shine, and the faintest trace of heat vapour was barely lingering to the hulking shell's iron frame.

Recent, thought Tassarec, moving around the case to get a better view. He had stumbled across an entire battlefield; there were huge craters in the ground, and the chamber was vast. More massive spent ammo-casings were everywhere, none of them rusted or showing any signs of long-term exposure to the world's humid atmosphere.

Very recent.

Tassarec suddenly changed stance, ducking behind one of the casings and keeping a low profile. Something was deeply wrong with this battlefield; something out of place.

"Bodies," breathed Tassarec, "There aren't any bodies."

Tassarec kept low as he moved around the battlefield, looking for bloodstains or even drag-marks in the dirt where casualties were dragged away. Nothing. Not even a footprint. But for a battle this size, with huge craters and massive-calibre shells... this wasn't right.

The Warlock considered returning to Slyvax with his findings, but dismissed the idea. This battle was so recent that if he kept pushing now he might catch the victors, and going back to the group would mean tolerating the daemon weapon.... and that vile human, Andrew. Tassarec shivered, and moved on, picking his way through the craters as he approached the other end of the cave.

The Archivist

True Blood
Pow arrived back at the elevator. The holograms had been doing strange things on his way back, generally projecting little arrows that he hadn't asked for, or holographic graffitti depicting a smiley face.

He sat down in the relative security of the lift, and removed his aromour plating. Now dressed only in a body stocking, Pow opened up a panel, attached a matchbox sized screen and began scrolling through the programming, looking for the virus.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu