• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Andrew began to sober up, and it only made the square rune lit room worse. But his boot still gave him a sense of direction, taking the worse of the intended effect of the room, but Andrew suspected the runes themselves was fused with some psychobabble bullshit to mess with the senses of whoever they but in the room.
Suddenly the room turned upside down or inside down and Andrew felt he fell, floated and was yanked out of the room into another room. Andrew used a bit of time making sure he was stationary and in gravity, simply clutching what he hoped was a floor, oblivious to everything else around him. He heard someone talking but didn't really hear them, in his relief and joy of getting out of the room. Thou he doubted that his mind had changed that much from the experience, somewhat different from the Eldar probably expected a human would achieve from the experience.
Standing up unsteadily, Andrew took in his new surroundings, some Eldar dude who looked familiar stood at some fancy benches with some floating spheres. Pow and Luther had also appeared into the room, Pow holding his gun out.

This was a very strange set of circumstances set in a very strange room, Andrew thought as he looked around, took in the beauty and alieness of the whole room and the view. Andrew had heard stories of the Eldar craftworlds, and he had on the fringes of space met Eldar crafts, but nothing had compared him to anything that he saw here, except for his experiences these last few days. As grueling, hard and disturbed the last few days had been, this was the complete opposite which made some kind of sense in Andrew slightly hangovered mind, if something could be as dark and horrible as the shadow realm they had been in, there had to be something as beautiful and serene, thou Andrew didn't doubt that he was just as much in danger here as he had been in the shadow realm.

Turning around to Luther and Pow, Andrew smiled again which he hadn't done for quite some time. "Hey guys what do you think will happen now, wonder what have happened to Slyvax, couldn't imagine that the eldar and dark eldar are on good terms."

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Just a little more... a little more....

"Dhar'eon, Dhar'eon!" The breach in the eldar defences came crashing closed as Dhar'eon the daemonblade, currently known as daemon artifact 5738D4G lost his concentration. A decades work undone in an instant, the sentient blade returned his attention to the material spectrum. It had been his neighbour Crvaelith, a daemonblade who had been hanging in this crevice since before Dhar'eon had arrived half a century ago. His mentally projected sigh showed his irritation at being disturbed, the blades were bound in their prisons to prevent true speech, but learning to communicate with his neighbours had been one of the first things Dhar'eon had learnt upon his entombment here. A decision he'd had cause to regret on more than one occasion.

"Dhar'eon, look! Outsiders." the voice in his mind called again, and the daemons focus settled on the odd little group beneath them. He observed a large human, presumably a space marine of some description, who emanated a strange, conflicting aura that at times shone with a painful radiance and others roiled with shadows. There was another human, seemingly more mundane which was even more suprising a site in an eldar arms vault, as well as a tau who's absence of warp presence stood out starkly as a gaping hole in the warp-enfused chamber. "That one there, Dhar'eon! He hungers." Crvaelith stated again, directing his attention to what he'd thought at first was one of the caretakers. Upon looking closer, he realised the lusts that echoed from the eldar would not have been so obviously displayed on one of their typical jailors, leading to the conclusion that this was in fact a dark eldar, though one with a strangely large amount of wraithbone augmentation. The hunger for pain was painted across his warp-signature like a starving beast, leading Dhar'eon to wonder how he'd missed it in the first place.

"Crvaelith, you've got the capricious mind of a daemonette, the hungers of a bloodletter, and the intelligence of a nurgling. Are you sure your master is the changer of ways?" he taunted, though the presence of outsiders could lead to an alternate and more immediate means of escape, so he settled his mind to watch the outsiders, and probed their intentions.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Luther was led out of his cell to a new location, presumably an armoury of some sort. Luther cracked his neck and took in his surroundings. There was a massive stockpile of weapons, and he considered looking for a pair of nemesis force falchions. He'd always wanted to see what the added speed would be like. Seeing Pow and Andrew, he had the feeling they were missing some one, but he couldn't put his figurative finger on it. And now Slyvax, unlike the less perceptive Andrew he could tell their "glorious leader" was the relatively normal looking Eldar in front of them.

"Well now, this is a pretty emotional reunion, but I would assume the Eldar have something planned for us, seeing as how they 'rescued' us, took us in, and in the case of Slyvax, completely transformed it seems. Now, am I to assume that we may take our pick from the pile of items before us, or do these xenos have another agenda regarding our equipment?"

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Tassarec sat on one of the plush Eldar benches, his eyes closed and legs clasped in a meditative position. As he noticed the entrance of the "guests", he opened his eyes, allowing the psychic strands he had been gently following to fall away as he stood up.

"Welcome, guests," said Tassarec, bowing, although the gesture clearly pained him greatly, "I hope your night wasn't too rough, and that the lessons that needed learning were learnt..." Tassarec eyed yesterday's drunk in particular. Tassarec turned to the window, with the glorious view of the craftworld outside. The gleaming spires and towers sparkled brilliantly in the artificial light given off by a huge, glowing sphere anchored at the very top of the impossibly large starcraft.

"This is Craftworld Lugganath," said Tassarec, his hand waving flippantly towards the window. "The light-sphere you see is the pride, and shame, of the Craftworld; it is called the Lux Lacrimorum, or the Light of Tears in your tongue. It's golden glow is created by the souls of the dead who have been absorbed into the Infinity Circuit; on special, sacred days, the souls sometimes change the colour of the Lux Lacrimorum. They once even tried to replicate fireworks for us." Tassarec chuckled sadly, "It is our pride to have such a beautiful monument, but our sadness that it is so bright with so many dead. The firework attempt was incredibly touching but also deeply saddening."

Tassarec turned around smartly, again addressing the motley band. "The Farseer should be here shortly; he will explain everything. I'm afraid your other human friend, the one with the crude but surprisingly resilient bionics, will not be joining you. He is in an extremely unstable condition, as poison blood is flowing through his veins and starving his body of life. Our Bonesingers have had to create a Circle of Wraithbone, so we cannot know how close they are to curing your Commissar friend, or even if he's since died and they haven't completed the Opening ritual yet. He will not be accompanying you for the moment, however."

The Warlock sat back onto the plush chairs. The human's condition was worse than he had let on; warranting a Circle of Wraithbone, normally reserved for the most prestigious of Eldar in the most extreme cases, meant that the human was on the brink of death. But then if the Bonesingers were involved, they would not likely fail; they rarely did. Still, it worried Tassarec to think what the Dark Eldar had managed to achieve; the bionics, whilst, as he had said, incredibly crude, were highly effective. The weapon system especially, the Eldar-metal compound fused with high-resilience human materials, was capable of dealing horrific damage. Indeed, if the Dark Eldar had created a safer method of removing the waste discharge; chiefly by not pumping it into the human's bloodstream, it may even have been a sustainable weapon. It could even have been adopted by the Craftworld, had this prototype not gone so horribly wrong.

Waking from his trance, Tassarec looked up again. "Please, do ask any questions, and I will answer them if I can."

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Slyvax examined his new hand closely.  He glanced up at the warlock, and inwardly chuckled, that guy had concentration problems. He reconsidered, well, for a regular eldar, he'd do admirably against hellions or wyches.  There was
A long silence in the room as some gazed out at the view, and others just thought to themselves.  Slyvax cleared his throat quietly,

"Luther, I'd leave the equipment for now, knowing humans you'll just break it or accidently kill us all."

Ylthen stood with Traenich, who had gathered all the new and fixed equipment onto a hovering slab of wraithbone.

"Ready?"

Traenich nodded.  This time they took a genuine door into the room, a cool hiss sounding as it slid open.  Ylthen led the way, as was proper.  That, and he liked the attention. He strode slowly, but covering great distances with each pace, giving the appearance of gliding along the floor, robes whispering softly.  He came to a stop directly in front of the viewing window.

"Welcome to Lugganath, I hope your stay so far has been... adequate.  Firstly, you're all warriors and Traenich has better things to do, so pick up your equipment and then I'll brief you."

Ylthen felt Traenich's mind lift slightly, he had worked hard finding that stupid glass so Ylthen thought the bonesinger deserved a small rest.

Traenich straightened up and smiled very slightly.

"I managed to get hold of everything you asked, even the glass, which was among the last on this craftworld. Marine, the wraithbone sphere is your new eye, itll grant you sight beyond what you are aquainted with, if you can use it properly, you will have a slight perception into the warp. Otherwise all the equipment has been restored to its former 'glory'"

Traenich inwardly sighed, the humans (and Tau) were moving very slow weren't they..

"Come on, we haven't got all century.." he spat, unintentionally.

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Pow quickly pressed a button on his armour. The head gear popped out, it's fractured and broken lenses still fitted. With a slight push, the glass shards tumbled out into the tray on which the new lenses were placed. Taking the new lenses, he quickly and meticulously put them in.
Once he had placed the last one in, he pressed another button. The seals took and a tiny vacuum pump removed the air inside the headgear. Lights flashed on the inside of the viewscreen, targeting reticules appearing and disappearing, camera shots from the cameras around his equipment flashing into and out of existence as the programme rebooted.
He gave a smile as he casually scurried the cursor over the readouts panel. Now his sensors could tell him information without having to plug into a computer screen.
Pow switched it off. The headgear folded neatly away into his armour, sealing again behind them with a tiny hiss. He now had all his equipment back at top efficiency.

Pow turned back from his maintenance to the Eldar, Dark and Light.
"I don't suppose anyone knows the current whereabouts of the Dauntless do they?" he asked in a nonchalent tone, his mind racing.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Luther chuckled at Slyvax's comment to him and waited with the others. Once his equipment was in the room, he went to work putting it on. The Armour and hammer were fixed almost as well as the techmarines could get it. Impressive, for xenos, he supposed. He inserted the wraithbone sphere in his socket, and was taken aback by how much his sight changed. A lesser being would be overpowered by the sight, but it made him powerful. He could see the warp energy in the air, fuelling the Eldar mechanisms, and the daemons hovering just beyond the veil, hoping for an easy meal. Looking back at the armory, his suspicions were confirmed - the eldar had hidden daemon weapons there. He finished his arming with his helmet, the empty lens repaired, his hud showing all systems to be fully operational.

The Aegis seemed to be functioning beyond standard capabilities, as would be expected when repaired by such a psychic race as the Eldar. Testing its functionality, he charged the aegis to its limits, and found it easier than before. He heard an inhuman scream coming from the armoury, and the Eldar in the area seemed discomforted. Resting the head of his hammer on the ground, he spoke through his vox, "I am ready."

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Andrew got his beloved gun back, why the Eldar would have ammonition for such a gun was beyond Andrew, but he felt incomplete without it. What was even more surprising was his dark eldar glaive, he used for close combat, it had been repaired and could now be powered up, making it a very powerful close combat weapon. "Gotta be careful now" Andrew whispered to himself, as he dressed up. The Eldar had also provided some light weight carapace like armour, which told Andrew he was still in the fight, not that he knew what he was fighting.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Ylthen glanced around and saw that everyone was ready.  He half-heartledly waved a hand and a small hologram appeared in the centre of the room, above the small fountain.  As it shifted into focus, a very old and decrepid dark eldar came in to view.  His eyes were sunken, and what you could see of his teeth wasn't very pretty.  His skin also looked like it was having difficulty holding on to his face.  Slyvax's eyes widened a little, but he remained silent.

"This eldar is, as I'm sure Slyvax I aware, Arch-Haemonculus Cythas.  He is a very high ranking dark eldar, in charge or many facets of the underworld of Commorragh, his chief resources are gained from his many Haemonculus servants, one of which is.. was Slyvax."

Slyvax raised an eyebrow, "Why are you so interested in him?"

Ylthen sighed genuinly "I was hoping you could help us on that.  All we know is that an object he will find is responsible for something very very bad in one of the potential futures, one the eldar race, let alone this craftworld, cannot afford to happen, this is galaxy changing.  Slyvax, do you have any idea of an object of any such power that Cythas could want?"

Slyvax shrugged "I couldn't say what, but I would put a lot of money on it involving pain, lots of it.  That's all a dark eldar of his age and persuasion cares for anyway.  It was certainly important enough to him that he tried to kill me over it."

Ylthen frowned, "I was hoping for something more intelligent than that, we already had figured out that much.  Still we have one more piece of imformation, which is that Cythas, more likely than not, will be visiting the planet Melchior in one week's time, and we can be accurate enough to know that he is visiting the capital city there, all we can hope for is that something related to the upcoming catastrophe is there."

During the breifing, Slyvax felt something nudge at the edge of his mind, he sent an inquiring thought out.

Above you, the left hand of the two..

Slyvax very slowly looked up and noticed a pair of very fine Djin Blades on the wall, the left one rattled a little in its supports.  Still sentiment then. Slyvax was a bit wary, but continued.  What do you want?

I want freedom, you need pain.  I think we can both see a situation that mutually benefits us.

Slyvax smiled inwardly, wasn't this a lucky day.  Sure the blade could be lying and could instantly kill him, But currently he was in a pretty suicidal mood, what with the removal of his extra limbs and all.  Suddenly Slyvax's head was being filled with a strange word, that needed to be said.

So I can escape, you must say it properly, practice.  Slyvax started thinking it to himself slowly. Suddenly he was aware that the meeting was drawing to a close.  Quick, think of something to say.

He piped up again, "Why save us?" he said, subtly gesturing at the others, he understood perfectly.  That should waste some time.

Ylthen smiled a little "Well we need someone from the other side, so to speak.  As little as you know about Cythas, Slyvax, you're about the only person to know him at all, he usually keeps his identity, let alone his face hidden, we only got the face from your memory recently.  So naturally, we wanted you, your... Entourage is kind of here as a courtesy, we know you'd not work at maximum efficiency surrounded by us, and you could probably do with some people you kne.. Oh, you've only known them for a couple of days?"

Slyvax smiled and nodded.

Ylthen inwardly sighed again, "Never mind, anyone have any questions, otherwise we depart immediately. Oh, Tau, the Dauntless was completely destroyed by the imperials, we only managed to save you. I'm sorry if you cared about it, for whatever ridiculous reason, it was a pretty crude ship after all."

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Tassarec sighed deeply, turning back towards the Lux Lacrimorum as he spoke again. It may be the last time he gazed upon that beautiful light for a long time now; its mournful rays beamed down upon the Craftworld he had tried so hard to serve and protect. Yet it seemed now the only way he could protect it was by abandoning it.

"I will be accompanying you and your team, Slyvax," said Tassarec, not turning around. His Witchblade and Shuriken Pistol sat firmly clasped to his waist, his Rune Armour glimmering gently over his midnight-blue robes. "Seeing as one of your human companions, the commissar, will be unable to join you, the Farseers of Lugganath have decided that my deployment is necessary."

Tassarec felt the beginnings of bitterness tingeing his tone, and quickly eradicated it lest anybody noticed. "I will both act as a replacement team-asset, as well as the eyes and ears of Lugganath. We wouldn't want this significant investment to go to waste, after all," said Tassarec, dryly. He would have to be very strong to stand working with this pitiful group. The Warlock turned to Slyvax.

"I have a Witchblade and a sidearm, and am equipped with Rune Armour. As long as the enemy doesn't focus witchfire on me, and as long as I can hold my concentration, this armour should protect me just as well as standard armour, even though it lacks solid plating. I can also cloud our enemy's minds to conceal our movement, as long as we try to stay subtle and our enemy is weak-willed enough. Finally, should the need be very dire, I can summon a roiling pyskerflame; you may know it as the "Destructor" psychic power. I can also attempt to protect us from enemy psychic attack, should we ever come across another psyker." Tassarec paused.

"I will also make regular reports to the Craftworld using a Soulshard, a small Spirit Stone which has been sheared in two; its pair remains here, so I can send psychic messages across large distances faster than standard communication. If you do anything I would deem in breach of the mission parameters, I will notify the Craftworld and then execute emergency orders if required. I hope we will not come to that." Tassarec gave a fake smile, before turning back to the Lux Lacrimorum.

"I am ready to depart as soon as you are."

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Dhar'eon felt the Dark Eldars weavings as he began the incantation to call Craevlith to him. Ihe spell was intricate but luckily fairly standard as far as summoning was concerned, and Dhar'eon grinned mentally as he began an incantation of his own. Slowly and carefully, with a patience born of over 50 years of waiting, the daemon blade wormed the tendrils of his conjuration into the mix, creeping his way into the summoning as well.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Andrew couldn't help smiling to himself at the comments from the Eldar, on human craftmanship.
He couldn't help himself make a comment of his own.

"I know we humans might not be the smartest or most creative when it comes to technology, torture and instruments of death. But much less can do it, just look at the orks, they just bang something together like this gun."
Andrew held his gun up. "And it get the job done, not in a fancy quite effective way, it involves lots of mayhem and ruckus, but that in itself can be a strategy. Who forexample are prepared for sneaky ork kommandos, when you usually deal with massive amounts of angry and bellowing orks. And even thou we humans have crude weapons and warmaterial, it is still us that are spread across the universe. We might not claim complete control, we might not have it forever I can't see 50.000 years into the future, but we must be doing something right."

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Tassarec smarted as he heard an implied insult to the Eldar; at face value the issue of "fancy" weaponry was being discussed, but later Tassarec could practically taste the inbuilt jab at the Eldar. The human, the same human who had behaved so badly earlier, was talking about how his filthy kind was spread across the stars.

"Our empire was greater than yours could ever be!" snarled Tassarec, his head whipping around, "the only reason your pitiful race was ever able to fling itself into the stars is because of people like that creating the fourth Chaos God!" spat Tassarec, an accusatory hand pointed at Slyvax. Whilst Tassarec was obviously not alive during the Cataclysm, he knew of his race's history and how their glorious race once covered the universe.

"Before we were split asunder, we were perfect. We had everything we could ever have wanted; indeed, for some it was clearly too much," Tassarec again glared at Slyvax. "The actions of a few condemned our race. It seems the same can be said of the humans, too," leered Tassarec, clearly referring to the Horus Heresy.

"Your time will come, mon-keigh," said Tassarec, coolly, calming a little. "But for now, yes, you are correct. You do cover the stars with your factories and your fortresses. Whether that indicates you're "doing something right" is up for debate, however..."

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
"Well we definately gets under your skin, you need to thoughen up if your going to handle being outside your dome of perfection. Which is pretty, i'll grant you that." Andrew said smiling to the Eldar that are supposed to follow them.

"Oh and for a perfect place, you should consider putting railings on your bridges, barbaric prisoners with bad sense of balance could fall down and get hurt. I know you probably only have a human come in every 1000 years or so."

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Slyvax suavely raised an eyebrow. Ooh, he liked suave...

"Actions of a few, Tassarec? You've read some interesting history books. Us druchii at least accept responsibility, and there were certainly more than a few of us."

Slyvax looked around, and quickly coughed and said the word. He got a funny look from Ylthen, who otherwise seemed to be thinking of something to support Tassarec in his little debate, but nothing more. Suddenly Slyvax felt a slight vibration in his back, and some extra weight. He glanced up at where the swords used to be, they were gone.

Didn't you have a more comfortable way of escaping, Daemon? Plus why has the other sword left as well, I didn't know you two were buddies

He, how do you say it, tagged on to the spell, so both of us will have to put up with him from now.

The Archivist

True Blood
Pow choked.
"CRUDE!?" he yelled, his outburst fervent and uncharacteristic.
"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WAS ON THAT SHIP? DO YOU? DO YOU?"
Tears could be seen forming at the corners of his eyes.
"On that ship was not only some of the most advanced technology the Tau had developed, was not only the culmination of decades of hard work, was not only a hidden droid prototype, but that droid... that droid..."
He turned from the Eldar in disgust.

As he leant against a wall, he muttered slowly under his breath.
"In the greater good, we have strength. In the greater good, we have courage. In the greater good we have hope..."
But what hope is there when you not only fail to complete your mission, but lose that which is closest to your side?

After a few minutes, Pow regained control. He wiped the tears from his eyes, fitted his headgear and sighted along the barrel of his rifle. He lined up the eldar in the sights, but then moved it away from his face.
You're a mind reader. Know this. My friend was on that ship. You didn't know it, because he not only had no warp signature, as Tau don't, but had no presence in the warp at all. You could not know what was there, but you may well have lost the best hope for stability in this galaxy yet...

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Ylthen glanced at Pow sideways.

"What, you expected us to care about one or two tau lives when the fate of the galaxy potentially is at stake, and then find something not of eldar origins sophisticated? That is some talk and selfish order, Tau.  We don't even find our own equipment complex now, all knowledge of our greatest achievements has been lost since.. Well you know, I'm sure" he said shyly.

Slyvax coughed noisily "The fall"".  Ylthen glared at him in as subtle a way as possible, probably detectable only to eldar.

Ylthen sighed inwardly again, for what felt like the umpteenth time today, and continued.  This rabble certainly was a handful, and a very aggravating one at that.

"Let's head towards the great portal then." he said, and turned off into the new corridor created in the wall.

The group emerged at the beginning of a platform, which again was an unfathomable size, possibly the size of a hive wide and tall.  It was also evident that they were on the top floor of the Craftworld as all that was above them was space, the cold, unfathomable void beckoning quietly to them all, a peaceful death amongst the terror.
Ahead the platform was tiered with about 20 levels. On each level was a progressively more large and complex webway portal, and there were hundreds if not thousands per level.  Except the top layer where one single, vast portal stood.  As they watched a colossal foot extended from the blue miasma and planted itself firmly, yet somehow silently, in the craftworld, a Titan following shortly after.  Small people-craft were skimming around, picking and dropping troops off, with wave serpents acting as VIP transport, the place was a torrent of activity, but somehow nothing crashed into anything else, and despite the seemingly vast horde of craft moving around, the place seemed strangely organised.  One wave serpent nearby turned brusquely and hovered to a stop near them, ramp opening.

Ylthen led the way inside and smiled.  Welcome, he thought, to the transportation, ehh.. Area.  As the door hissed quietly shut behind them, all the eldar smirked as the other three occupants of the ship struggled to get used to travelling so fast so quietly and smoothly.

Ylthen, as was his custom with non-eldar, cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

"All right, this transport will be travelling through a portal to the planet we desire.."

Suddenly, a blue shimmer flew through be ship, passing through everyone despite surprised shouts.  The air shimmered slightly, and a very high pitched squeak reverberated around the ship.

"Just about three seconds ago.  The planet we are now on is what imperial's would designate a death world, with vast hostile jungles covering 40% of the planet, and the rest either ocean or the planet's one inhabitable place, a small hive, Vraxian.  This world used to be a maiden world as well, yet humans and their chemicals created a very bad combination with the local populace lf animals when the first colonists arrived.  Unbeknownst to the human population, the hive's lower levels are extremely close to a vast cave complex under the surface, extending so deep that it surpasses the crust of the planet.  Back when this planet used to belong to eldar, the caves lower regions were excavated of mantle by erecting walls of protective crystal.  Now while this largely still stands, nothing stands the test of time forever, so be wary.  If you don't die from heat, then you'll be crushed to smaller than a fruit by the pressure.  Do not go anywhere near a rupture.

Now we're obviously not going to be able to drop you off in the caves, so we have managed to "persuade" a noble of the higher echelons of their society to let us land in his private quarters, where there is a lift to take you directly to the caves.  The noble uses the caves, or a least his tiny fraction of them, to store the less legal things he owns, mostly rubbish we gave to him to win him over, basic psi-enhancers that will end up killing him anyway and the like."

Ylthen paused, "Ah, we have arrived.  Good luck."

The rear hatch opened and the group hustled out onto what appeared to be the roof of a building, with one solitary hole in the centre, or it would be a hole if a platform, evidently the lift, didn't occupy it.  Slyvax felt the two swords close to him vibrate slightly as he left the ship.  They were evidently happy.  He glanced up at the sky, a rare sight on the hive he guessed.  Twin suns glared angrily down even through the total cloud coverage that seemed to cover the planet.  All there was was rain, lots and lots of lashing, pounding rain, thunder could be heard every couple of seconds, and lightning darted from tower to tower around them.

The wave serpent was already nowhere to be seen, so Slyvax stepped onto the elevator and waited for the rest, his new hair clinging to the side of his face, and over his eyes.

The Archivist

True Blood
Pow entered the lift, having been silent and still since his outburst.
As he leant against the wall opposite, he reconfigured his stealth field. With a full battery now at its disposal, it projected a very strong, realistic hologram over Pow.
"Do you think this is appropriate?" he asked, leaning forward as a human nobleman, dressed in silks. He disassembled his rail rifle and tucked it away through the hologram and into its slot.
"Or would this work better?" The others found themselves looking at a old, battered servitor, its back mechanical arm loose and rusty.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
Andrew wasn't surprised by the way the group travelled, he was sure he was close to break the record for humans travelling with eldar portals. At least this time it was in a vehicle, even thou it was a almost silent eldar one. He could understand why imperial soldiers hated fighting the blighters. But there was nothing to do, than suck it up and get on the mission or get away. But if he could save the galaxy, why shouldn't he try, so when the ramp opened again, and the group exited onto a roof on a noblemans house. Which was rather atypical to a hive residence, as there was open sky and rain. But still it was human build, and it was nice and familiar.

Andrew followed the group over to the lift, checking his gun and loader, making sure he was ready.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Luther also entered the lift, hammer resting on his shoulder. It felt good to once more be fully armoured in his panoply of war. He noticed Pow cycling through a few holograms and held up his hand to stop him. "Perhaps, something simple would do this time, Pow. No need to get complicated yet."

The Archivist

True Blood
"On the contrary, Luther. When pretending to be someone else, playing a role, you have to know what their persona is, and how they look, feel and so on. I managed to go ten years as a guardsman from offplanet whose career advancement was matched by degrading morals, letting me infiltrate both high and low society simultaneously."

Pow projected a third image, the perfect image of Commisar Blacke.
"Our fallen comrade might be of assistance, perhaps..."

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Slyvax raised one eyebrow,

"We are assuming that we even need a hologram, we are of course going beneath the planet's city, what's to say that there are people down there anyway?"

There was a pause on the lift.. Ah, to hell with it. Slyvax thought, and drew both the swords out. One jumped straight out and hovered menacingly, the other, the one which seemed to have contacted him stayed in his hand and vibrated softly.

At last! Freedom!!

Why don't you just kill us all and leave?

Well, you obviously trusted me enough to let me escape with you, didn't you. I guess you realised that I just want to see a little more.. Chaos done to my bidding..

Slyvax snorted.

I know a Djinn blade when I see one, I know you're still hopelessly trapped inside it.

The blade twitched slightly.

Smiling, Slyvax looked around the lift, and didn't like the look on Tassarec's face.

"I can explain.."

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
An inhuman chuckle, sounding like a dozen varying voices laughing in concert, echoed from the hovering blade. A ripple in the air appeared at the hilt, slowly coalescing into a human hand. From the hand an arm emerged and, like a scene shrouded in darkness gradually emerging in the light of dawns first rays, the figure of a young boy was revealed.

Clad in a panopoly of rags, and wearing a large grin, the boy studied the reactions of the small group.

The Archivist

True Blood
"This... isn't my hologram."
Pow switches off his hologram and looks at the boy with interest.
"Feel free to explain to me what just happened, anybody."
He clicked a button, checked his sensors then put everything back into his suit
"As long as it isn't related to the warp, I should be able to get my head around it... unless it's quantum. Never have quite understood string theory."

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Luther saw the materialization of the "boy" in front of him and instinctively grabbed the holy text slotted in his armor. A quick flip through later, and he put it back. "Not a hologram Pow. A daemon. One trapped in a blade, to be precise - my....'brothers' doubtlessly know more about this one in particular. However, I no longer see the need to banish it, due to the circumstances occurring before Slyvax's procurement of me. And so, we welcome it. As long as it doesn't object." Luther held out his hand to the daemon, however he realized how stupid such a gesture was as soon as the daemon's projected image began to blacken, and withdrew, instead giving it a slight nod.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu