• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Adepticon Chicago

Strahd

Black Knight
Anyone planning on attending the 2010 Adepticon Fantasy championships this year. If so just wondering what you think of the WPS comp scoring system, I think it hits vamps HARD!!!! Also wondering what armies and what they comped out at.

Anubis

Wight King
while i'm not going to be attending this year, could you post a link to the comp rules please?!

i'm always interested to see how much people can nerf vamps... if players put half as much effort into thinking up actual tactics to combat vamps as they did simply whining about them, we'd probably be about as competitive as say, most other armies!

cheers!

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
Despite being two hours away, I won't as my friend kept putting off getting the tickets...

However WPS is rather common around here, and it has been VERY well received for the most part. It isn't perfect, I'll be honest. I think it is more unfair to Chaos Dwarfs than VC. Though I find I can still build decent VC lists.

Just remember the top tier armies (VC, Daemons, and Dark Elves) do take quite a bit of a hit.

Strahd

Black Knight
Yeah it was odd one day they had 80 left and then a couple days later they were down to 14!!! I was lucky to get one. I would post a link but I'm computer dumb and don't know how to set up links. Just google adepticon and you can find it easy enough. BTW Swiss D how did you do at Ard Boyz finals. I talked to you briefly but find out how you did.

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
I (almost) won my first game against VC (I had two Lords on Taurus charge a unit of 3 GG, WK, and 2 Lords... but I wiffed on my attack on the Lord). Second game I tore apart an Empire Armored brigade. Earth Shakers do a number on Stanks... I didn't stick around for the third game as I was exhausted, sad to say. I took a look and I might have fought WoC which I am confident I could have dealt with.

On the bright side, I might still be able to squeeze into Saturday. If so I'm taking Indy GT Chaos Dwarfs. If I can't get some figures finished, which I think I should be able too, I might take Skaven.

Strahd

Black Knight
Nice, well I hope to see your there. I will be rocking my VC again so we will see how it goes. Good luck if your able to make it!!!!