• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Advice on Converting a Mounted Wight King

Hi everyone, its been a very long time since I've been on here. I have recently picked up Warhammer Age of Sigmar again and I was looking at some Deathrattle style lists and I realised I don;t have any mounted Wight Kings. The mounted Wight King on the Games Workshop website I think is really ugly. I have really been out of the hobby for a very long time and can't even think where I would begin to get a decent conversion. I have unbuilt Black Knights, Grave Guard, I have spare parts from all Mortarchs, Zombie Dragons, etc. I was thinking of turning a box of Black Knights into a group of mounted Wight Kings but can't think of a good way to differentiate them from other Black Knights. I'm not trying to do anything really complex, because honestly I'm still trying to readjust to painting techniques again but I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions on what I could do to make these Black Knights clearly look like Wight Kings and look suitably impressive to match.

Thank you to anyone taking the time to read this ^.^

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Ahahha sick, I took a look on the page, and realised they still have the death-old wight king model there. Sweet :D I love this one. But I fully understand why some other folks may not like him ;) the model of my choice would be the mounted knight of shrouds from GW, or the dreadblade harrows, I think they make great Wight Kings. But it's a question of choice and who you play with, if they accept other models and so on.

I considered doing that since I have a Nighthaunt army as well, but the Knight of Shrouds already appears in the Legion of Nagash list and lore wise with Wight Kings each having their own armies and empires but assisting Vampires in the new lore I wanted to create a small army serving under a Wight King all with specific heraldry to him (and potentially do that with a few separate Wight Kings to give each group their own individual background and themes) So it would feel weird to use a generic Dreadblade Harrow, although I do appreciate the response :)

I think, if using the BK kit as the basis for the Wight King conversions, I'd probably use skulls swaps (possibly using the Hex Wraith burning skull for one...), weapon, and shield swaps. The biggest thing is weapon swaps. Maybe look at some of the different artifacts and basing your weapon swap on that.
I know that I planned to snag the flaming sword bit from the Freeguild Wizard box set and use that on my Knight of Shrouds to make the Balefire Sword (I think that was the name of it...)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Ah ok, I don't have any knowledge about the aos specific armys/lists, but I understand your point ;) The BK kit sounds like a good idea too, or maybe the chaos knights, or, of you can get one for fair money, the old mounted Archaon with a headswap? That would be something reaaaally cool :D