• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mirban

Zombie
May 25, 2012
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-an...118050697&mc_cid=326a61a732&mc_eid=5b050959bd
Of most interest in my opinion:
"Q: Can the summoning spells on some warscrolls be used by the appropriate caster even if none of the models from the warscroll are in my army?"
"A: Yes."

It, of course, doesn't specify which exact summoning spells, but it does seem to lean towards the "yup, have fun with those death casters" side of things.

Also of odd note:
"Q: Can you take more than one of a named (special) character (along the lines of Nagash or Archaon) in your army?"
"A: Yes, unless specifically noted otherwise. Players can always agree to use only one of each 'named character' or other model that represents a unique unit of which only one can be found in the Mortal Realms if they wish."

This one causes me a little mental anguish, along the lines of wanting to see the look on someone's face when Nagash #2 then #3 hits the table top. Combined with the other ruling, well, AoS definitely leans on the players to make the games fun for everyone involved,rather than hoping the point system balances things.

Reactions: dongilles

dongilles

Grave Guard
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for the link! Have not read them all but GW is already back to contradicting them selves...

According to the FAQ is it possible to auto hit something if you get a +1 to hit.
In the Generals handbook is the rule of 1, that natural rolls of one are always a fail.

And according to the FAQ you can cast Mystic shield multible times on the same unit. Again according to the rule of one only one wizard can cast mystic shield.

Very sad to see this

Reactions: Oppenheimer

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
I'll move this to Ethereal Edicts since it concerns AoS.

@dongilles: Might be that the FAQ is intended for the Open Play? But it is a bit odd, I'll give you that. Really means that you have to pick and choose when playing the game.

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
You think that's bad? Look at the rules for measuring from models when attacking flying units. Means that short models can't attack models mounted high up on a base, ever.

These FAQs are meant for all types of play but, the General's Handbook adds additional rules for Matched Play that override these such as the new summoning nerf. The GH also mentions that you can house rule away anything you want. It even gives the example of measuring from bases as a possible house rule.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu