• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Age of Sigmar Monstrous Arcana released!!!!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Thread moved since content is AoS related. We really should fix those describing texts for the sub-forums of the AoS section...

I have read the pdf today. A real powerhouse, nice combination of abilities! It can even be summoned! Maybe I need one...

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
It is very powerful. It's also kind of an ugly model. At least the price is pretty reasonable for Forgeworld.

I think I found a new use for my 40k Nightbringer model. Bout the right size. Rules are a perfect fit for 'giant wraith'. Yeah, I'm stoked.
Awesome idea! I've also had one lying around for a few years after am aborted Necron army, I may have to borrow your ideaxD bung it on a 50mm square base..

I'm sorry but it's totally over powered. In my gaming circle a model like this just can't be used as people will complain too much

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'm sorry but it's totally over powered.
Overpowered compared to what? Neferata's entire Blood Court formation? A vampire on Zombie Dragon? 200 Zombies? A single Skeleton? Nagash?

Balance in Age of Sigmar is arbitrary to begin with.

Once your group determines what they think it's worth, then it's balanced when played against that much opposing stuff. Just like everything else in the game. If you use one of the common points systems, I'm sure they'll put out points values for this FW packet soon enough, too.

My local group generally runs wound point limits. This model clearly breaks that.

I think I will suggest counting it double as even in the worst case scenario you are going to get a 4+ save.

It is wound for wound by far the most horrifically difficult to kill beastie in the game and it hits like a blender.

Even at double cost, it will be a pain to deal with.
I want one.

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Lots of things break wound point limits. Anything that halves wounds (ushabti, sphinxes), anything that emphasizes offence (offensive elite infantry). Again, Nagash. This guy's strong, but that system's bust regardless.

As is Tahmurkan and a whole bunch of other models( Archaon the everbroken) but at the end of the day, there's always a way to kill them.

Necrospinx has been removed so I wouldn't count that model. Removing named heroes fixes most balance problems. Almost all other models can be dealt with.

Necrospinx has been removed so I wouldn't count that model. Removing named heroes fixes most balance problems. Almost all other models can be dealt with.
But the rules for the Necrosphinx are still available, it is the model which is discontinued.

Besides, now there is a Wight King with Black Axe who is not a named hero and halves incoming wounds.

I'm sure there are more examples of that in other factions, I'm just too lazy right now to search for them.

Of course Forge World makes their model the best. It makes my Varguhlfs obsolete, unless you need to nerf your army to make it more fair. Varguhlfs to make things fair is a ridiculous idea.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks the model looks silly, I've actually heard from a lot of people that they love it. I like the concept but I think it lacks detail and reminds me of the 'Scream' movie mascot.

I ordered this for my Mourngul
http://www.bloodkeepminiatures.com/product/3082/

Probably drop the orb thing but I think its the right size and theme for a nighthaunt monster.

Regarding Wound Count - just don't. It is the worst way to play, even worse than playing the rules as written and is like a poison to the hobby. Just pick any other way to play and you will have a much better time.

That big ugly black gooey shadow is the perfect fit for my Hit-debuff army! *O*

I will adopt one and call him Panfilo.

and feed him the screams of his victims!
Waiting for your roster... somewhere.
Lack of tooltips on AoS sub-forums still confuses me.