• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Age of sigmar

najo

Mortarch of the Dark Soul
True Blood
I was just going to share the very same pics lol. Awesome stuff!!

Demian

Vampire Count
I was too, but just checked in my computer .o.

well... great news!

"Can what is dead ever truly die?"

You know that is us guys. Let the battle begin!

najo

True Blood
Speaking of which, you guys see the most recent Game of Thrones?

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
Hell yeah, it was so damn epic I loved that the zombies showed up again and we actually got to see the battle this time (not like that annoying Fist of the first men episode )

This is really gonna make or break me with my desire to start fantasy hopefully it's all good, can't wait till how GW brings back the fantasy universe after End Times

najo

True Blood
Age of Sigmar is a boxed game launching 9th ed after End Times. First look at new Warhammer!

I just wish I could cast like in that episode. Vanhels would grant ASF, +D3 attacks, and 2+ regeneration. Or invocation of nehek, resurrect 50D6 models.

Demian

Vampire Count
When game of Thrones shows non-glittering Vampires, I'll binge watch it to catch up. Well regular Undead is not so bad either, just not the ace in the cake. In the mean time, just watching it every saturday with the pals.

Aaaaaaaaand our Nagash miniature may not be a waste of money after all, he may even show up in the future, albeit not with his Death Magic Incarnate special rule. Still pretty powerful though!

I'm still buzzing about how awesome that episode was. The final scene was just epic.

As for Age of Sigmar...I'm still not fully sure what this is? Is it a boxed game like Assassins or Dreadfleet? Or is it this rumoured skirmish game we've been hearing so much about? Or is it 9th edition?

...are we even going to *get* a 9th edition?

Demian

Vampire Count
I miss the Helm of Dominion... or.. however that helm that allowed you to pass your WS onto a nearby Unit was called.

Banat

Varghulf
Age of Sigmar is a boxed game a la assassins. It is a standalone and i imagine bridges the gap between end times and ninth.

It heralds the beginning of ninth ed releases.

lizardmen explicitly mentioned (explains round bases lizardmen at whw) and undead implicitly mentioned.

All army books and island of blood are being taken off the shelves this weekend in preparation for preorders.

El Syf

Crypt Horror
Some news from war seer. Apparently everything is getting pulled from the shelves on Saturday. Not just army books and the rule book.

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
ALL armybooks being pulled, eh? Does that mean this is going to be a Ravening Hordes-style edition, I wonder?

edit: or are people just lying :tongue:
The going rumor has been that while stat lines and points costs will be consistent enough to use old faction books (even though the game rules themselves are supposedly significantly changing, and possibly requiring a pile of faction faqs to bridge the gap), none of the existing factions will actually be supported as such going forward, and will be entirely replaced by six new factions (which may have some overlap; chaos supposedly still a faction, skaven, undead, etc, but 'new' undead may not look much like vamp counts or tomb kings in unit selection or model range).

So the existing faction books will still be technically viable, and available to people who ask for them, but will not be updated or supported with new releases, and people will instead be pushed towards the new factions as they are released. Also rumored that army books themselves may no longer be a thing, perhaps going to a more warmahordes style campaign / narrative supplements with a unit or two for everything, and individual rules in the boxes, as have been included in the end times releases.

Again, just the rumors. Truth may look different. We'll see.

najo

True Blood
I'm excited but very nervous. I love the old world, but I agree things had become played out. There was not much further things could have gone storywise. I do have faith in GW's creative staff to make an awesome setting, and I believe Warhammer is going to get a whole lot of love here shortly. Its going to be interesting to see what they create with no real limits on what they are doing.

Im all for that originally rumoured alternate reality pockets setting.
Would open so many opportunities for exciting army fluff / styles / allies (if implemented).

They would never run out of trustworthy settings to tell stories, kinda like the Magic the gathering multiverse.

"This time I want a story about vampiric dragons who lead reptillian undeads"
*BLAM! such a plane now exists!*