• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Omega13

Zombie
Jun 4, 2015
No
Hi everyone,
This is my first attempt at fantasy and a vampire list.

I don't want to be very magic heavy and don't fancy painting up hundreds of models for summoning so with that in mind any help with this list would be very much appreciated!

Vampire Lord (477)
Barded Nightmare
Quick Blood, Red Fury
Shield, Glittering Scales, Ogre Blade, Talisman of Protection
Wizard level 3

Heroes
Necromancer (105)
Level 2, ironcurse icon

Vampire (192)
Aura of Dark Majesty, Fear Incarnate
Great weapon, heavy armour, charmed shield, dispel scroll

White King (111)
Great weapon, shield, luckstone, spectral steed

Core: (505)
2x5 dire wolves
40 skeletons (full command)
30 skeletons (champion, the screaming banner)

Special: (606)
Black Knights x13 (full command, banner of the eternal flame) - (378)

Spirit Host x2 (90)

Vargheists x3 (138)

Total - 1996 points.

The idea is the Vampire Lord and White King ride with the Black Knights, and the necromancer and vamp hero sit in with the 30 skellies causing fear marching behind the spirit hosts for extra cover...

The wolves run in front of the BK bus and vargheists on the flanks. Vargheists pick out warmarchines/archers and the bus takes out any heavy hitters it can while skellies march up the field to scare/hold up my opponents core.

My first attempt at a fantasy list and I don't want to follow the net deck too closely while remaining semi-competitive for my first list... I'll be playing high elves, warriors of chaos, tomb kings and empire.

Thanks for your time :)
Omega13

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Welcome Omega!
The list looks good, but I would load out the characters differently.

- Drop a level from the necro and put it on the lord.
- Grab Enchanted shield and Lance for the Vampire instead.
- You need a 4++ on your lord, cut glittering scales and talisman of protection for Talisman of Preservation and heavy armour.

Omega13

Zombie
Jun 4, 2015
No
Thank you for your input Sun King!

I've made the changes you listed and also given the White King The Other Tricksters Shard to put me up to 1997...

I was planning on taking Lore of Vampires for both vampires but as I don't have a codex or rulebook yet (and only a handful of models) I'm not sure what the best route to go down with Lores is.

As said I don't really want to be summoning/raising past original numbers and keep the list as combat oriented as tactically possible, so I guess maybe vampires/shadow for Lores at a complete guess...?

Thanks again,
Omega

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
For Lores I would recommend going with Vampires on all of your casters. Vampires is a great lore, it is super versatile and so far every time I take another lore and rely on only one guy to bring my models back I regret it.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
For a new player I would also recommend Lore of Vampires. Then when you feel comfortable with that, you can branch out.

Omega13

Zombie
Jun 4, 2015
No
Sweet, thanks for the help guys.
So both vamps and the necromancer all on lore of vampires :)

Cheers!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu